1 2
Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/20 7:30 p.m.

Carli wants a wii.  Looking for Wii console, controllers, possibly wii fit balance board.  Anyone have one collecting dust that they want to sell or trade for car parts?

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/20 8:07 p.m.

Give me until the weekend and see what I have. My kids have one that they do not use and I would like to make sure it works and I can reset it. If I can, its yours. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/8/20 8:25 p.m.

I have a store down here I bought my last one from, but I'll assume it's more than you may want to pay.

7/8/20 9:03 p.m.

Put my kids to work.

I was incorrect, they have a "Wii U", not a Wii. I don't know much about these things as you can probably tell, they might be the same. 

They mentioned that sometimes the gamepad does not want to charge. Maybe this is an easy fix. 

Let me know if you are interested and I will have them try and reset it this weekend. 

This is what all they have:

7/9/20 2:24 p.m.

Looks like wii u is backwards compatible with wii games and accessories.  Shoot me a number 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/9/20 2:34 p.m.

If the Wii U falls through, let me know, I’ve got a wii, two (or three) controllers, a balance board, and several games.  Looks like the batteries in the balance board leaked, so I’ll need to clean it up and test it to be sure it’ll work.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/9/20 3:40 p.m.

The rechargable battery packs in the old Wii controllers typically use your basic AAA batteries. I've replaced mine a few times as they no longer hold a charge.

The great thing about Wii games and controllers, is you'll find them in thrift stores, garage sales, and FB Marketplace easy.  We now have quite a collection.

(But -I- really want to play Forsa Motorsport.....)

7/9/20 4:22 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Looks like wii u is backwards compatible with wii games and accessories.  Shoot me a number 

Free if I can have my kids reset it this weekend. 

I rather pass it on to someone that can use it than it being in a closet. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/9/20 4:41 p.m.

I think Wii's only have RCA video out and not HDMI, so although I have a Wii somewhere, I don't think I have a TV that I could hook it up to without some sort of converter box.

SawzallSurgeon
SawzallSurgeon New Reader
7/10/20 10:26 a.m.

Something to look up. Recently purchased a factory refurbished wii from GameStop this past November.  Not sure if they're still around but it was only like $30 shipped to my door iirc.

7/10/20 12:17 p.m.

In reply to SawzallSurgeon :

That's how i got my ps3 after my OG one died.  But I'm not inclined to buy from gamestop right now because they're not a healthy company, so i fear any long term warranty may be moot at some point 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/13/20 8:12 p.m.

Bumping this.  After Patrick gets his request fulfilled, if anyone else has one to offer, I'm interested too.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/13/20 8:30 p.m.
T.J. said:

I think Wii's only have RCA video out and not HDMI, so although I have a Wii somewhere, I don't think I have a TV that I could hook it up to without some sort of converter box.

This is correct, though even my two year old tv still has rcas in it. Yours I would think would. 

WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter)
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/20 2:22 p.m.

We have a Wii still in almost daily use due to having young kids.  It's an excellent platform for them.

I use this Wii to 1080 HDMI output thingie and it looks and works fine on my 4k widescreen.  That one that I linked to isn't specifically available, but I think I paid $5.99 4 or 5 years ago?

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/14/20 3:18 p.m.

I'm going to keep this thread active, to hopefully get some more eyes on it for Patrick.

Confession time: I'm not a gamer.  Never have been.  I've never bought a single video game or gaming system.  I went onto the Bay of eee's in the last few days trying to find Wii system to buy myh kids, because they desporately want one.  There are Sooo many different options, accessories and controllers.

Impart your wisdom on me.  What should I be looking for in a used e-Bay Wii purchase?

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/20 3:25 p.m.

I have a Wii with the fit board, tennis racket, golf club, steering wheel and some other stuff I am probably forgetting. All in a box in the attic, next to a GameCube, all replaced with a Switch.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/14/20 3:27 p.m.
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) said:

I have a Wii with the fit board, tennis racket, golf club, steering wheel and some other stuff I am probably forgetting. All in a box in the attic, next to a GameCube, all replaced with a Switch.

Do you have Patrick's number?  If not, send me a PM and I'll get it over to you.

WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter)
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/20 1:04 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

I'm going to keep this thread active, to hopefully get some more eyes on it for Patrick.

Confession time: I'm not a gamer.  Never have been.  I've never bought a single video game or gaming system.  I went onto the Bay of eee's in the last few days trying to find Wii system to buy myh kids, because they desporately want one.  There are Sooo many different options, accessories and controllers.

Impart your wisdom on me.  What should I be looking for in a used e-Bay Wii purchase?

Honestly, you're going to be rolling the dice on a ebay wii.  I did it, too, for the record.  All you have is the buyers' rating and history to show whether you're looking at a decent person or scam artist, but there's not anyone trying to scam people with Wiis at this point :)

The big thing will be to try to find a setup that has the accessories you want/need so you don't have to buy them piece meal.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/15/20 5:33 p.m.

If there is demand, I can take a look at my local source. I have this little hole in the wall game store in Lakeland Florida I like to give my money to. It's not gonna be particularly cheap, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right? 

7/15/20 7:40 p.m.

Slippery = the man

you're up, brian. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/15/20 8:23 p.m.
T.J. said:

I have a wii to hdmi adapter on ours.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/16/20 11:01 a.m.

The best thing to do with an old Wii is to hack them!

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

Super easy to do, and it allows you to run emulators for older game systems, like the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. I've done this to a few of mine, and it works great!

Also note that the Wii outputs 480i standard definition, although it does have widescreen modes. It looks decent on a modern TV if you use Component cables. Very little input lag.

7/16/20 12:14 p.m.

We don't need no steenking emulators laugh

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/16/20 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

I don't really need them either, but it is nice to have complete libraries of games ready to go at the touch of a button. The Wii emulates most retro systems very accurately. Plus, for some systems (Turbografx 16, I'm looking at you), it's really hard to get physical copies.

I just got one of these things so I can hook up all my older consoles the right way on a modern TV: RetroTink 2X Pro

It's a line doubling upscaler that works pretty well. I've tested it with my NES and Genesis/Sega CD so far with regular Composite cables, and the difference is astounding. Going to be upgrading cables next. Might even mod some spare consoles for upgraded video-out options. Plus, the lag is gone! This would also work well with a Wii; haven't tested that yet.

7/16/20 3:53 p.m.

I'll check that out.  I have a turbografx 16 too.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YRx6TufPglmPlkjMnrrIqCqfoWQEGBBVCqYdgIdHFSVmiIF5ykgNoSphxA8HWRhz