1 2
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/23/17 1:52 p.m.

Damn you guys......and Carl Heideman! This looks like waaaaay too much fun for a beach buggy---- light off roader.

Now I'm searching for cheap 1.8 liter N/As!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/17 8:21 p.m.

Surely there are enough Miatas sitting around GRM world HQ to make this possible. Heck, put them on the yellow racer (Chump? Lemons? I can't remember) and giggle. If you need a set, I know a guy.

Joe Gearin
8/25/17 10:55 a.m.

There is currently an AMC Pacer Wagon being sent to me against my will. Once this car finds a better home, I'll have the space for another ratty Miata. It's hard to imagine a better beach buggy!

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/25/17 12:20 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: There is currently an AMC Pacer Wagon being sent to me against my will.

Joe, you cannot just toss out a comment like that and then let it go. There must be a good story behind this. I haven't heard a good Pacer story in a while.

Joe Gearin
8/25/17 2:36 p.m.

Here you go Danny:

Pacer story

Just in case you are wondering. The "enabler" in this story is Brian Walsh--- of purple Pinto / Racer Walsh fame. The AMC expert is Kurt Spitzner--- who's been with the SCCA and now works for Maserati and the Bridgestone Winter Driving School.

Great guys both------ who both lead me deep into AMC temptation!

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/25/17 6:48 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

Okay, that clears things up for me! I remember Kurt from way back with SCCA, and I remember Brian posting the Pacer on this forum last year. Good for you! Taking custody of a neglected Pacer is sort of like adopting an abused rescue dog. Cute and lovable, but you never know what problems it will turn out to have. Hopefully you can make a good dog out of it.

Joe Gearin
8/28/17 10:50 a.m.

Oh.....I'm just a foster home for this dog. I really think it belongs in Kurt's AMC kennel!

Friedom
Friedom None
9/26/18 10:38 p.m.

Hey guys! 

I just created an account so that I could respond to this thread. I keep finding this conversation in my search, and am building my own lifted Miata. 90 NA6 with a welded NA8 diff, Yonaka II coils and a Paco lift. 

Who else has done the lift? Where did you arrive at with heights, alignment numbers, and the ride quality? 

Thread revival. This was an awesome idea. It still is. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
9/27/18 6:11 a.m.

In reply to Friedom :

You probably want to talk to this guy, who documented his lifted Miata here.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bEb5fq4PO7C17S5X4gTxPko3TBcyPsAROMAyZob1m1bLcnCBjLOEvax5fwjtlGSr