Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
4/24/12 3:25 p.m.

I've wanted to post something here about my shop for a while now, but didn't want to be torpedoed as a personal watercraft device. After the May issue came out with my ad in the GRM Classifieds (Pg 183, right under the Tell them you saw it in GRM) I thought it might be OK.

As some of you know from my March 5th post in the "What do you do, and how did you end up there?" thread, I opened my own old-school small town speed shop. The kind that used to be everywhere, but slowly faded away.

I specialize in '60's and '70's domestics, Mopars in particular. We do bring in the occasional '80's to early '90's domestics too. I have an appreciation for all things automotive, and most things mechanical.

I am a dealer for several product lines that overlap into the GRM community and are constantly looking into/adding other lines as the business grows. For a list of the lines we are a dealer for please check out the site: Rob's Rod Shop

We will have a vendor spot (A57) at the Carlisle Import & Kit Car Show (May 18-20). We'll be selling Brad Penn's Penn Grade 1 line of motor oils. I'll also have some of the Brad Penn greases and assembly lube for sale. I'll post show pricing closer to show time.

I'm open to any suggestions for other products to bring to the show.

Thanks, Rob

Pat
Pat Reader
4/24/12 3:56 p.m.

Awesome! Congrats!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
4/24/12 4:11 p.m.

Thanks Pat!

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
4/24/12 7:04 p.m.

Congrats!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/25/12 11:04 a.m.

Congratulations dude! Any AMC product in the pipeline?

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
4/25/12 11:50 a.m.

Thanks guys!

Javelin, the only AMC I have lined up right now is my own '87 Comanche. Eventually it will accompany the Dajiban as a parts chaser. The Comanche's AMC 2.5 is dead. Have a couple crazy ideas for other power plants. Smart thing would be to just fix the 2.5.

For AMC parts, I am a dealer for Legendary Interiors, so I can get seat skins and door panels.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/25/12 1:36 p.m.

Oh goody, I actually will be needing those soon!

I can see making use of you for Pertronix and Wilwood as well. I imagine you could order stuff for me?

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
4/25/12 2:19 p.m.

I imagine I could for you.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dA0b78BTjetPgmdrWkJMmQaoH3FStXhzOTzGNWT6kajqWcRFix6rd8hxRkMVa5dl