MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
7/9/10 8:21 a.m.

We've just put together a new product to make ECU installations easier, the DIYBOB. This stands for Do It Yourself Break Out Board.

This includes an OEM ECU connector, break out circuit board, and an anodized black aluminum case for a clean installation. This lets you build professional looking adapter harnesses to plug in the engine management system of your choice into a car without hacking up the wiring. Right now we have them available for nine different OEM connectors, covering a variety of American, European, and Asian cars.

DIYBOB home page

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
7/9/10 8:24 a.m.

Now that's pretty darn cool. Good work!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
7/9/10 8:59 a.m.

Thanks! We had a lot of people asking for the PCB, connector, and case from the DIYPNP without the rest of the ECU, so we came up with a package that would be a bit cleaner than an empty DIYPNP case.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/9/10 9:43 a.m.

There is a distinct lack of Honda on that application list...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
7/9/10 9:49 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: There is a distinct lack of Honda on that application list...

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diybob-breakout-adapter-nippondenso-76-pin-p-411.html

FoundSoul
FoundSoul New Reader
7/9/10 10:39 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: There is a distinct lack of Honda on that application list...
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diybob-breakout-adapter-nippondenso-76-pin-p-411.html

Yep-- that N76 box fits all known Honda and Acura 4cyl motors from 92-95.

If there is demand from the ODB2 Honda guys we can look into making more Honda apps happen.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/12/10 4:38 p.m.

Hey I am an ODB2 Honda guy! I totally think yall should make a connector for the OBD2 Hondas.

GPDren
GPDren New Reader
7/16/10 5:48 p.m.

You have the BMW and Honda I'm interested in covered. I may have to sell my Hondata after all!

digdug18
digdug18 HalfDork
7/17/10 10:36 a.m.

And is there a discount to grm members?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gIzL78E48fqhiSThl9S09kznzY5LLYvEX7fejonkQAsX9AUEDbseZDGukwP5RA73