failboat
failboat UberDork
11/4/18 6:33 p.m.

This one is sold! Thanks for the interest. I'll leave up the post for...idk. Help others evaluate value of fanatec csr setups?

Time to let this one go and let someone else enjoy it. I just play all my games with a controller anymore. 

Purchased new in September 2012, Fanatec CSR kit with Elite pedals and CSR shifter set (6 speed w/ reverse & sequential). Spare shifter set included. One of the sequential shifters is hardwired as a handbrake to the B button on the wheel. Beer tap handle on the handbrake (original knob included of course).  Originally compatible with Xbox360, PS3, and PC and I have logged many hours on all 3 with several games over the years. I hear you can get adapters so the wheel will work on next gen consoles but I have never tried it. 

This is a great wheel at an entry level price, If you want something from Fanatec these days you have to spend 2-3x what this setup cost new. Pedals all aluminum and fully adjustable, wheel is fully adjustable and you can save up to 5 FFB profile presets.  

asking $225 plus shipping for the wheel and all its components (without sim rig). Pricing negotiable as Im having a hard time figuring out the market value of these tbh. 

If you are somewhat local and also interested in the sim rig, and I can avoid having to ship anything, lets talk. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/16/18 1:36 p.m.

Hrm... Any idea how similar/different these are to contemporary wheels? Trying to figure out whether it's a brilliant way to dip a toe with my everyday PC, or a stopgap that'll make me sad I didn't just get something that'll work off the shelf with a PS4...

Is the shifter-to-handbrake mod readily reversible?

failboat
failboat UberDork
11/16/18 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Ransom :

It works great on all the pc games I have tried except for forza horizon 3 on pc.  (Rfactor, assetto corsa, euro/american truck simulator, my summer car)

As far as the handbrake mod being reversible..if it is using the sequential shifter you are after, you're in luck as there are 2 shifter sets and only one of the sequential shifters was hacked into a handbrake. There are 2 h pattern gearboxes. 1 for sure works..the one I thought had gone bad I am 99% sure just needed to be calibrated again.  I thought it had gone bad and contacted fanatec and they sent me the new set at no cost. 

The handbrake is hardwired, 2 wires from I think a usb cable soldered to the contacts on the b button and fed thru and out of the wheel and soldered to the switch in the "handbrake" you could easily just cut the wire if youre not interested in it.

Price negotiable, these are harder to find for sale now so harder to gauge what the pricing is on them.  Also happy to answer more questions and or provide more pics or video of it in action. 

Id just like to let someone with much more free time and space than me enjoy it!

Ransom
11/16/18 5:01 p.m.

PM sent; let me know if it doesn't turn up...

failboat
failboat UberDork
11/17/18 7:04 a.m.

Got your email and replied. Thanks.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
12/1/18 1:04 p.m.

FYI, this is the site for the adapter for XB1, etc. :  Drivehub wheel adapter

I also have an old Forza branded CSR, and I never bought an XB1 because the wheel wouldn't work, and I rarely play anything but racing games.  I might just pick up an XB1 and try the adapter...

I priced out an all new Fanatec setup the other day...  ~$1300!! surprise

Ransom
12/1/18 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Cool, thanks!

Hoping to get in some seat time and have the option just here with my laptop (and monitor), but it's nice that if I do decide to get a console later to try to join up with some of the GRM races, I can make the stuff work. That's not bad, price-wise, if it really works solidly.

hotrod83yota
hotrod83yota New Reader
12/20/18 2:16 p.m.

Sorry to dig this back up, but it sounds like you ended up selling it?

Ransom
12/20/18 2:55 p.m.

In reply to hotrod83yota :

He did indeed sell it to me. Sorry!

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
1/4/19 7:05 p.m.

As an update to this, I bought an XBox One (finally!) based on the hope that I would be able to use my Fanatec setup using the Drivehub adapter.

I ordered one, and it's due in next week.  I'll report back...

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
1/6/19 1:23 p.m.

I received the Drivehub, and got it running on my Fanatec CSR Elite Forza wheel/pedals with Xbox1 and Forza 6...

It was a little bit fiddly to get running, and I'm currently using a hodgepodge of USB cables I had lying around.  The output from the CSR is the old USB B, which has to go into the Drivehub as USB A.  That was the oddball, and luckily I had one.  The other thing is that the cable that comes with the Drivehub must be used to connect to the console, although it doesn't seem to care that I used an extension.  Using another similar cable didn't work.

I'm going to order some new cables from Amazon, now that I know what I need, and see what works.

So far, I'm sorry to say I'm not all that impressed with Forza 6... but that's a topic for another day.

The wheel is working great, though I've had to completely start over with tuning the wheel, as it runs in PC mode, and I previously used it in Xbox mode.  Combined with figuring out the feel of the new game, I was going in circles for a little bit.  I think I've got it pretty close to dialed in now, though skid recovery is still very touchy... it's entirely too easy to have the car overcorrect and spin.  Feels like there's a 500lb pendulum attached to the rear bumper on a bungee cord.  Still working on that.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased.  It was reasonably cheap at under $100 shipped, and allows me to use all my current gear with the new Xbox 1.  Worth the price of admission. yes

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 New Reader
1/9/19 5:34 p.m.

I’d give Forza 7 a try, it has it’s frustrating parts but overall I find it enjoyable. If I could take all the parts I like from iRacing, Forza 7, AC, and PC2 and make one game I’d love it. I really want to be able to drive the tracks on a sim/game that I actually go to which means using all four titles on PC. If PC2 would add NJMP and Lime Rock I’d be set. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MyftfGKUzre0hENfKV3ooKxUB4qJ3zneqvPvj9OowwVzMGo4RPWbWXPULcyL3RJu