1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46
afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/12/12 3:45 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

I'm in the B-spec series and it's a blast. The only thing is it's on east coast time and I'm on the west coast so won't work longer term. I was wondering if there are any west coast folks interested in putting one together in PST?

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
7/12/12 3:56 p.m.

I'm west coast but work nights. Friday races before 9 PM pst don't really promote family harmony either

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/13/12 12:28 a.m.

It would be easy enough to do. Most of us stay on and play till well after midnight anyways.

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/13/12 12:32 a.m.
racerfink wrote: It would be easy enough to do. Most of us stay on and play till well after midnight anyways.

That would be great! I was thinking a 944 Spec series would be really cool. Of course the game only has the Turbo model but that could work if there's interest? Heck, we could mix in some E30's for variety as well?

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
7/13/12 10:20 p.m.

I still think we should do a hybrid series...

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
7/13/12 10:31 p.m.

Some ideas from tonight:

1). GRM Trans-Am/Vintage is next, but I'm going to make it a different night of the week, maybe Thursday or Tuesday.

2). Spec IT7 (1st gen Rx-7). I'm working on developing the car.

3). '50s NASCAR

4). Modern stock only NASCAR

5). NASCAR/Days-of-Thunder-Rental-Car Themed racing with only legal cars being Chevrolet cobalt Ss and Dodge SRT4 with NASCAR liveries

6). Umm... Continental Sports Car Challenge or Grand Am... Might be hard to develop build rules, would have to be similar to Trans-Am rules.

TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
7/13/12 11:23 p.m.

I gotta say modern NASCAR sounds tempting.

failboat
failboat Dork
7/14/12 8:32 p.m.

In Forza 2 and 3 I helped run some race series, the 2 that we ran were Spec E30 and AE86 Cup. Lainford your suggestion for Spec IT7 reminded me of our AE86 cup races. They werent exactly spec, but something similar might be fun with the RX7?

For Spec E30 we tried to stick to the real life specs where we could (such as the spec spring rates) Since its probably impossible to figure out how to come up with how to figure out what spec damper rates are we did a lot of test and tune sessions to come up with setups that worked with the spring rates.

SPEC E30
Sport flywheel, clutch, brakes, trans
Race exhaust, suspension, roll bars, cage, weight reduction.
Race tires 225/45R15
Spec Spring Rates F/R (315/570)
Spec Rear end gear ratio 3.73

We agreed everything else was up to each racer but this was my setup, a lot of us shared damper and roll bar settings. All settings are Front/Rear
32/29psi
-1.5/-1.0 camber
0.0/-0.3 toe
5.7 caster
20.0/1.0 roll bars
4.5 ride height
9.0/11.0 bound
4.5/5.5 rebound
100%/100% differential

AE86 Cup
Simple rules. 220hp max. Forza (adjustable) aero front and rear, other aero your choice. All race drivetrain and suspension parts. 225 width race slicks, rim diameter your choice. Thats it.

It got interesting because certain combinations of parts choices offered a lower weight than others. Some people chose the weight sacrifice to run a turbo or supercharger. Also since all the gearing is adjustable there were people making different choices there regarding if they wanted to tune to use all 6 gears, or less, or tuning the gears for each scheduled race. Top speed of all the cars was pretty much limited around the same speed due to aerodynamics and power.

It was a fun series because it wasnt really a spec series, but no matter what you did the cars seemed to be pretty close and you were able to tinker with the cars a lot to get it really suited to you. I still use my race setup a lot from that series just running races in career mode.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/14/12 9:07 p.m.

Honestly I'd rather have a series where we "build" the cars then a spec one. Specifically older cars.

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/15/12 3:26 a.m.

I like the ideas for an IT7 or E30 spec series. Still interested in 944 as well.

failboat
failboat Dork
7/15/12 10:47 a.m.

I was sifting through my garage and found a car that reminded me of another series I tried to get started but never could round up enough people to play. The Seat Leon Supercup car inspired me, I built a whole fleet of cars in Forza 3 to try and figure out the balance of the series.

Small Bore Touring Cars
1.8L-2.0L motors
300hp max
Cars must weigh 2300+ lbs
No engine swaps, No increased displacement, No aspiration conversions
Spec drivetrain components as follows:
Sport Trans, Clutch, Flywheel
Race Brakes, Suspension, Sways, Cage, Tires
Forza Front Bumper and Rear Wing

In Forza 3, I had a PI cap of B500, but when I built one of my cars to race on Forza 4, it came out near A550. So if you guys try the series I would suggest coming up with a PI cap of some sort, I worry that B500 would be too low to be able to get the cars near the 300hp limit. Or lower the HP limit to stay near B500.

I like that some of the components are spec, leaving you to strike a balance of weight, tire width, downforce, power, and tuning

I am just throwing the ideas out there, wish I could actually race!

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/16/12 1:22 p.m.
failboat wrote: I will send you guys FR right now on the xbox live website, I am reasonably sure its needs to be accepted before your names show up in the list I can share decals with. Go ahead and send me the CF Conquest, thanks.

What is your gamertag? Did you just friend request me? LOL Sorry, if it was you, ya probably did it a few days ago, haven't been online.

failboat
failboat Dork
7/16/12 1:45 p.m.

retro hoonage :D yeah I sent over your decals on last week I think. and TurboJavelin got his yesterday.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/16/12 3:21 p.m.

Oh sweet, thanks man! Now I need to open Forza back up sometime this month

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/16/12 5:15 p.m.
failboat wrote: retro hoonage :D yeah I sent over your decals on last week I think. and TurboJavelin got his yesterday.

K, I'll see if I can sneak on tonight. LOL

failboat
failboat Dork
7/17/12 7:22 a.m.

Haha, that was my plan, Wife watch bachelorette, I play Forza. But she brought home Damages Season 2 from the library and we watched that all night. I see some things waiting for me when I log back in though. Thank you sir.

I remembered the late model Challenger has that carbon fiber look on the stock hood, I am pretty sure its shown in the game. I was planning on comparing against that to find out which one looks the most accurate for future use. Mine looks good sometimes, but sometimes it looks sort of questionable. I dont think I have all the "stripes" evenly spaced.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/17/12 8:21 a.m.
failboat wrote: Haha, that was my plan, Wife watch bachelorette, I play Forza.

This worked out perfectly for me. LOL

Yes, you have some CF and some other vinyl's for ya. Let me know what ya think.

failboat
failboat Dork
7/19/12 7:20 a.m.

Another WIP replica....

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
7/19/12 11:19 a.m.

Holy crap, how do you do that? That looks awesome!

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
7/19/12 1:24 p.m.
afonseca wrote:
racerfink wrote: It would be easy enough to do. Most of us stay on and play till well after midnight anyways.
That would be great! I was thinking a 944 Spec series would be really cool. Of course the game only has the Turbo model but that could work if there's interest? Heck, we could mix in some E30's for variety as well?

I think this is great! I am also west coast and the B-spec race usually hits during dinner. I would totally support an 8pm PT race with spec 944s. Can you do an engine swap to get rid of the turbo like on the BMW 2002?

failboat
failboat Dork
7/19/12 1:30 p.m.

I have just a few years experience painting in Forza (7).

But to be honest, I realllly had no idea how I was going to do the flames.

So I stamped 3 or 4 few dark green circle/oval gradient shapes for the base color fade behind the flames, then I stamped a lot of the small flame decals, in a lighter green, with the transparency set to 0.08 or 0.09 (0.09 towards the front of the car so they show up brighter). I might stamp a few more in a lighter color at the front.

Only about 100 layers per side right now, leaves me plenty of layers to do the rest of the sponsor decals. I am really pleased that it came out as good as it did, considering I was just taking a stab in the dark hoping it might look ok.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/19/12 2:12 p.m.

Is that the one you were working on last night? Looks pretty badass man!

failboat
failboat Dork
7/19/12 2:50 p.m.

Sure is! Thank you sir.

I have reference pics of every sponsor decal except one saved to my phone so that's the next step. And might get a nice low layer count Sikky decal unlocked from someone....Too bad no LS swaps into everything in Forza. So I guess it wont be a complete replica.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/19/12 4:14 p.m.
failboat wrote: Too bad no LS swaps into everything in Forza.

I know right, they need to fix that E36 M3...

failboat
failboat Dork
7/29/12 6:38 a.m.

After some mower repair and yard work all day, all evening was spent in the paint booth. Time consuming. Just a handful of sponsor decals left to go...

1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5PBRztLGGbf2Xm4p26kLu4tweyvUFZFryRQJKkbS3OvtqzAuvENvgOtwvfHWWTQH