1 ... 42 43 44 45 46
TheBootsy
TheBootsy New Reader
4/27/13 2:37 p.m.

Was playing with friedgreencorrado last night, and this butthole in a Prelude was running people off the road.

So I got my revenge (I'm in the blue FRS):

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
4/27/13 3:24 p.m.

In reply to TheBootsy:

Yeah, that was weird. The guy was already on my "avoid" list, I didn't recognize his GT until after he'd hit somebody. I wish you could block participation like you can comms. All it takes is one guy like that to screw up an otherwise great lobby.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
4/27/13 3:35 p.m.

Brake Check!

friedgreencorrado
4/27/13 3:45 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

Trust me, Bootsy wasn't being a shiny happy person here. The SOB deserved that one, and about three more, by my count.

Aside to Bootsy:

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
4/27/13 3:56 p.m.

I tried getting back in last night..."network error"

friedgreencorrado
4/27/13 4:35 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: I tried getting back in last night..."network error"

Again? Man, you have the worst luck with that stuff. I've got guys on my list from Australia that don't have that much trouble connecting. I thought the West Coast of my own country would be a piece of cake.

FlyinMikeyJ
FlyinMikeyJ New Reader
4/28/13 10:15 p.m.

Oh... took me a while, but I found your hideout.

I'll more than likely be on tomorrow night for some ITC and spec racing I guess.

FlyinMikeyJ
FlyinMikeyJ New Reader
4/28/13 10:33 p.m.

Reading a page back, I noticed that some of you have done some racing series. I am about to start a new series myself, Mustang Challenge, a week from Friday @ 7PM EST/4PM Pacific. I sent friedgrncorrado the spec build so that he can pass it on to you. Here's more info:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t10107-tora-mustang-challenge-discussion

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/28/13 11:01 p.m.

In reply to FlyinMikeyJ:

Yep. There have been some series. Over time, we find its hard to keep everyone interested for weeks on end. What has been more common is getting on any night of the week and getting an invite from friedgreen. Then we get together and do some club style races. He has some pretty nice setups, and of course, the same conversation comes with the races, so it stays a good night.

I'll probably be on sometime this week. Its an easy way to stay in and not spend money. My Xbox handle is the same as my GRM handle.

Deuces.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
4/29/13 5:01 a.m.

I've been working on what might work for SCCA improved touring. Looks like there are quite a number of ITR, ITS and ITA cars in the game.

friedgreencorrado
4/29/13 5:52 p.m.
FlyinMikeyJ wrote: Reading a page back, I noticed that some of you have done some racing series. I am about to start a new series myself, Mustang Challenge, a week from Friday @ 7PM EST/4PM Pacific. I sent friedgrncorrado the spec build so that he can pass it on to you. Here's more info: http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t10107-tora-mustang-challenge-discussion

Hey, you're a TORA member? I hear good things about you guys. I just never dropped in because it's really more of a party diversion for me, and I didn't want to screw up a lobby where people were being serious. Rock on!

friedgreencorrado
4/29/13 6:05 p.m.
LainfordExpress wrote: I've been working on what might work for SCCA improved touring. Looks like there are quite a number of ITR, ITS and ITA cars in the game.

Yeah, there are..but most of them seem to suffer from the Forza Curse..i.e., only the top of the line models are in the game. FC RX7 is turbo. So is the 944 IIRC. Stuff like that is why I've gone to the minimum weight/maximum HP model in my own lobbies. They "feel" more like IT cars, and open up the races more than my crazy attempt at an equalization formula last year:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/ping-the-grm-forza-crowd/46465/page1/

Yeah, there's a couple of messages I'm not proud of on that thread..but it might help your research if you still want to pursue your own experiment. If you can make it work where I couldn't, I'll certainly participate!

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
4/29/13 10:00 p.m.

I'd like to participate in anything if something is happening again in forza

FlyinMikeyJ
FlyinMikeyJ New Reader
5/3/13 1:04 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
FlyinMikeyJ wrote: Reading a page back, I noticed that some of you have done some racing series. I am about to start a new series myself, Mustang Challenge, a week from Friday @ 7PM EST/4PM Pacific. I sent friedgrncorrado the spec build so that he can pass it on to you. Here's more info: http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t10107-tora-mustang-challenge-discussion
Hey, you're a TORA member? I hear good things about you guys. I just never dropped in because it's really more of a party diversion for me, and I didn't want to screw up a lobby where people were being serious. Rock on!

Yes I am... and now I am a TORA official too. Part of my job is running "club racing" series. Spec Miata was my first, next is Mustang Challenge. this summer will see Ferrari 458 Challenge and MINI Cup.

Most of the club racing series are 4-6 weeks long... and our Fridays are as close to SCCA as I can make them feel. Fun and laid back while featuring hardcore close races.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/3/13 8:22 a.m.
Jaynen wrote: I'd like to participate in anything if something is happening again in forza

Best way, jump into friedgreen's lobby.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/3/13 8:48 a.m.

My latest paint job

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
5/3/13 9:12 a.m.

I need to get my ass on there soon. I just got done moving.

friedgreencorrado
5/3/13 6:05 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: My latest paint job

Vodafone Mercedes! Love it. The Panamericana number is just icing on the cake.

FlyinMikeyJ
FlyinMikeyJ New Reader
5/4/13 11:50 a.m.

^ I did a Petronas Mercedes on mine. Wish I woulda thought to use a Panamericana number box though.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
5/27/13 11:39 a.m.

friedgreencorrado
5/28/13 2:25 a.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote:

FlyinMikeyJ
FlyinMikeyJ New Reader
5/28/13 2:40 a.m.

I was going to paint my 94 Celica like that. Now I guess I have to think of a different theme. If I could make a decent M&Ms livery...

Gotta say that Miata lobby we had going Friday night was pretty hopping. A full field of Miatas is always quite the party.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
5/28/13 11:25 a.m.

Yeah, those guys!

And yeah, usually Fried's "Stock NA Mia'ters no ABS" lobbies are pretty quiet. That was a very good time that night. Never seen that many buzzing around all at once

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
5/28/13 3:21 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: I tried getting back in last night..."network error"

I got this the other night while trying to get in there......I could see 7-8 people. I need to get back in there and get back in the swing of things. Plus, I might have a few new cars to play with.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
5/28/13 7:40 p.m.

Somewhere on an old Forza3 paint thread, I've got a Scion TC with the AAR Toyota paint job on it.

1 ... 42 43 44 45 46

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b1JF6e6OrgO3kffFUJ9uPquXQkdd3WwhS1qWAbDi0oRVBwY5ANd4ePVjwRrBC1dz