Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/17/14 11:07 p.m.

Well, I couldn't wait anymore for Project C.A.R.S. (and in it's current state of affairs my system wouldn't run it stable) and I loathe the iRacing business model, (my game, I bought the damn game, give me the game and all the features, No I don't want to have a recurring cost, geesh. It is as bad as the freemium model that app games are going to. Charge me or don't but this crap sucks.) So that was out. So I found Assetto Corsa. Graphics are good, physics seem realistic.

So has anyone else played it? More importantly has anyone else played it with experience in iRacing? (Every review I have seen of the game says it's physics are better than iRacing, but the tracks in iRacing are better. So 1 to 1. I would rather have physics over hyper accurate tracks anyway.)

The Abarth is a riot, and the 458 is very very fast.

I use a Logitech Momo Force Feedback wheel, with no clutch pedal so it is difficult to launch for the drags or the race starts.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/18/14 12:26 a.m.

I had only even heard of it in passing. I guess its PC based? I doubt it would work for me then, as I doubt it is Win98 compatible.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
3/18/14 8:24 a.m.

Yeah, Vista, 7, or 8. I have to say it is very impressive. They had it on sale for $39, and in it's 0.75 state it has more features and better game play than alot of slightly older games.

If you ever feel like upgrading your PC O.S. it is worth a look. LOL

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/14 9:06 a.m.

Not yet...but now I think I will.

BlueFalcon
BlueFalcon New Reader
4/3/14 9:19 a.m.

I bought it a ways back and also have tried iRacing. I think Assetto Corsa will continue to improve as more features are released. It seems pretty good on the physics side and they have been patching it and adding content pretty consistently. iRacing currently has the PvP/competition edge, but I absolutely hate their business model.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/3/14 10:37 a.m.

They are supposed to be releasing a few Rufs, including Yellow Bird. I like the fact that they have doubled down on some real driving machines, not just really popular cars. The entire current Lotus lineup, the Fiat 500 Abarth (which is a hoot with all the aids off) and the McClaren and Ferraris are nuts.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt Reader
5/9/14 5:29 a.m.

Multiplayer release just went live. GRM AC Fiat 500 races when?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/11/14 1:17 p.m.

I am in, just let me know. I love the Fiat 500 in this game

jde
jde Reader
5/12/14 7:56 a.m.

I have it, but my vid card isn't pleased with it. :-/

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/12/14 10:15 a.m.

In reply to jde:

Really? I am running it on a Windows 8.1 laptop with an i5 and the integrated Intel 4000 video set and it runs fine.

jde
jde Reader
5/12/14 9:40 p.m.

I guess it's a known issue with older cards that are ostensibly DX11 compatible, but AC doesn't agree. I had to go into a config file to force it to run, and it does, with weird artifacts around the trees.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt Reader
6/15/14 5:13 a.m.

So how many people here own AC? I'd be interested in doing some weekend racing with you guys if we had some players.

Hntsvl_E30
Hntsvl_E30 New Reader
6/29/14 7:11 a.m.

Guess not many PC racers on here... AC is one of the best ever, and its getting better with every minor update. The sim community is cranking out the track conversions, and most are very nice tracks. The E30 M3's are great fun, and the handling is very close to what my car will do. Get it. Try it.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/29/14 8:39 p.m.

I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to play in a bit. Sad

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/29/14 7:02 p.m.

Well I finally got some time to get back to playing this weekend. I have to say I love it. I have to had to turn down the graphics to get my system to play it, but all is working now.

So anyone wanna play?

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/2/14 2:10 p.m.

It feels like an understeer/oversteer simulator to me.

I've only bothered to play it a little bit. Had a buddy come over who races WRL/Chump and we drive the same car on the same track about the same pace (In real life that is), and he thought the physics were terrible as well.

It does look good though.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/2/14 5:41 p.m.

What car did you play with?

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/2/14 9:13 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: What car did you play with?

I've played with a bunch of them. My buddy even drove a few of the supercars he has instructed in and was said, "Uh no, this is not how this car drives at all in real life."

The only reason I give weight to what he says is because I know I'm within 1 sec of him on a 90 sec track in the same car.

AC is like a terrible GT4 with oversteer added in.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
flPbL9uYll2mB2g55k78MxyrkBDl7qb7JU9F5jxAqWPFdLrmjGiDf04Aeiwtqp3e