cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
7/6/15 2:41 p.m.

Hi all

I ordered one of these to fix my g27 a while back http://www.cmlaserservice.com/page_g25_g27_optical_encoder_wheel.html

It took months to come, and in the interim a replacement was sent. They both eventually showed up, so now I have an extra. If anyone needs this (it's the old style, 60 slot version), I'd be happy to send it to you for a $25 amazon gift card.

Thought I'd post here to actually hit the crowd that's interested, but if this needs to be moved to $2015 classifieds that's no problem.

Thanks!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/6/15 4:02 p.m.

I think this is a great place for it.

There are at least a few g25-27's in the GT league.

Any idea how to know which wheel a wheel has (without taking it appart)? I know my old wheel used the 60 slot, but it burnt up and I got a new warranty one a while back.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
7/6/15 4:25 p.m.

So far as I can tell -

All g25s use the 60 slot wheel

All older g27s use the 60 slot as well - if you still have the box, the picture of the wheel on it will be red

If you have the box your g27 came in, and the picture on the box is blue, your wheel uses the 30 slot encoder (and it's probably not broken!)

That said, if your setup is losing center, it's pretty easy to take apart and verify which encoder you need. I bought mine used, and had to take it apart, then waited with it in pieces for 2 months for the encoder. Shipping from me will be much faster than that!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
7/14/15 3:33 p.m.

This thing is just sitting on my counter not being used, and it's small, so chances are good it's going to get lost for a period of years to forever.

If you need/want it, drop me a line and I'll send it out, no charge.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/16/15 11:58 a.m.

I was waiting to see if anyone else really needed it. I realized I think I do have the box in the attic (since the last one fried, I kept it encase I needed to return it), I will take a look.

I don't mind doing improvements to the wheel. I already upgraded the pedals with harder springs and a rubber bumper and want to stiffen up the shifter. I took my old one apart to fix a centering issue (before it fried), so I am familiar.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
7/16/15 1:18 p.m.

If you can't find the box, let me know and I'll just send it to you anyway. Then if it doesn't work out for you you can forward it along.

How do you like the pedal mods? I've been thinking about doing that to mine too.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/16/15 1:50 p.m.

OK, will do. The mods are nice, I have gotten used to them of course but as. Brakes are not ideal (it's never going to be "real"), but having the extra feedback and a sort of stop point is much nicer and makes modulation that much easier (as I remember it was pretty floppy before).

Very easy to install, I think you will like the change.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
8/10/15 4:52 p.m.

I still have this sitting around

Someone can still just have it, if they're interested

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/10/15 9:02 p.m.

OK, I finally looked at my wheel:

but the box is green. What does that mean?

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
8/10/15 9:32 p.m.

I.......have no idea

Want to try it anyway?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/10/15 10:59 p.m.

Sure. I can hold on to it at least. Since I run the GT league I can hand it out if anyone needs it. I will PM you my info.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/17/15 5:09 p.m.

Great to know that they really do exist. I sent my man on the ground in Thailand to go to their address and see if they still existed. He is a native Thai but said the address didn't seem to exist. Someone did tell him that it was a guy who wasn't supposed to be using the equipment for this kind of stuff, but he was skeptical of.

I never did get any replies to my emails. I wanted to get 4 of them so that I could sell the other 3.

Cereal78
Cereal78
5/27/16 9:19 p.m.

Hey, sorry to dig up an old thread. But is this still available? In reply to cmcgregor:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A6Gz1BbEb9716ed2tPpnhUbphcm9vTwye0yHAI8Q9IWcKXz7iP6dy8JS7jbA4Yi8