chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/10/19 9:38 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

What wheel are you using?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/19 9:48 a.m.

I updated to the G29 (from a g27). My wife got the setup for me about five or six years ago as a birthday present. I have used it 2-3x a week since then and it is still in like new condition. I don’t know the cost. Wife told me later not to look at the credit card bill that month.  I never did but I will say considering how much I have used it i think it was worth it. 

The only thing I would do differently is if I was to look for a setup today would be to get one that does not have a support for the wheel in the center between your legs in front of the peddles. The clearance on this setup is probably the worst I have ever seen making heal and toe almost impossible.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/10/19 10:47 a.m.

In reply to chknhwk :

g29

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/12/19 6:09 a.m.

Ordered! I should be able to get a full setup for under $600 no problem. 

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
3/12/19 6:54 a.m.
chknhwk said:

Ouch. I opened my hood today when I got home cuz I saw a whiff of steam and was greeted with a giant nest...

Pics later. 

In reply to dclafleur :

Updated my build thread with pics, unbelievable.

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
3/17/19 1:12 p.m.

I bought some Ricmotec plans, and went from there.   The monitor mounting is a separate package from the seat base, which is nice if you don't need the mount.   The seat came from a junkyard for $20 out of a Mazda CX-5,  all leather!   I still have the plans, if anybody wants, I won't be using them again.   Can negotiate a real cheap price.    Been adding things to it ever since.

dclafleur
dclafleur New Reader
3/17/19 4:24 p.m.

That looks gorgeous, nice work. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MZJTS9zroyy1iGgjRbdnlq7TfmFDRsXzHW1mz4QcJHAaqcOhMQXWwq6eTlVVeLof