Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/4/20 1:24 p.m.

Dirt 5 comes out in a few days. I'm getting it regardless, but do the videos 

Does anyone else feel like they are going for a Forza horizons vibe? Supposed to have a choose your own adventurey campaign. And finally couch co-op, so that's cool. 

thoughts? Feelings? Rants? 

I played dirt 2 and loved it, I also played dirt three, and dirt four, and I loved those. If you accept them as different games from dirt 2 then you can accept dirt three and four for what they are. Just getting that out of the way before the inevitable "dirt 2 was the best rally game ever made!!!!" Comes along. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/4/20 1:25 p.m.

I absolutely loved Dirt 3, berkeley the haters. 

I'll be getting it, but I'm not sure when. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/5/20 3:43 p.m.

Hmmm.  I think I have Dirt 4 but have never played it.

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/7/20 10:25 p.m.

Update: bought the game. There is, as of this writing, ZERO steering wheel support. The physics are pretty vanilla. I played dirt 4 the night before. This game sucks, even using a controller. There's this lag between the time you turn the tires and the time takes to actually turn. The tracks are limited. The whole experience felt like I was playing a bro version of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/8/20 6:42 a.m.

This is on the radar. Especially with next gen. 

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/8/20 4:22 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Not sure if you read my experience. If you're planning on using a controller the whole time, then disregard. But they currently have no way to use sim wheels in dirt 5... ridiculous. Oh, And steam gave me a full refund on the game along with pretty much everyone else on steam

RevRico
11/8/20 4:27 p.m.

In reply to Vajingo :

That sounds very odd, considering codemasters and the dirt series history. Especially with console releases, because nowhere near the number of console users have wheels as pc

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/8/20 5:03 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Vajingo :

That sounds very odd, considering codemasters and the dirt series history. Especially with console releases, because nowhere near the number of console users have wheels as pc

The official statement is "we are having problems and working on it, hope to have wheel support by end of November." (Paraphrased)  Even if they get wheel support I'm not buy the game again. They lied about wheel support and duped many. They used to do good. This game just seems like a cash grab using hype and namesake. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/9/20 9:03 a.m.
Vajingo said:
Mndsm said:

Not sure if you read my experience. If you're planning on using a controller the whole time, then disregard. But they currently have no way to use sim wheels in dirt 5... ridiculous. Oh, And steam gave me a full refund on the game along with pretty much everyone else on steam

That could be a problem. I don't have, nor do I want a wheel. 

RevRico
11/9/20 9:14 a.m.
Vajingo said:
Mndsm said:

Oooo I read this wrong. Don't give a E36 M3 about wheels or PC compatibility. Controller and console all the way, no wonder I hadn't heard about the issue. 

I was confused how codemasters managed to break controller use when they've been doing it for so long with dirt and WRC games. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/2/20 8:35 a.m.

I purchased and was severely disappointed. 

But it's partly my fault as I didn't realize the old school, real rally had been broken off into a separate game. That's how long it's been since I've played that series. 

And when you buy from the Playstation store, no refunds once you've started the download. $60 wasted. 

RevRico
12/2/20 8:49 a.m.
z31maniac said:

And when you buy from the Playstation store, no refunds once you've started the download. $60 wasted. 

Wow, that's bullE36 M3. Xbox gives you 2 hours of play time, unofficially. Call and talk to customer service?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/11/20 4:12 p.m.

I spent entirely too much today, but now I have this game. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/11/20 4:16 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Yeah you want dirt rally 2.0, which is fantastic

RevRico
12/13/20 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Tried it yet? I'm curious how the gymkhana runs this time, but probably not picking this up unless there's a sale before I get the Series X

RevRico
12/29/20 10:29 a.m.

I got it for Xmas. I'm disappointed, to be honest, and in glad I didn't pay for it. I think 3 was the better arcade rally game.

I don't like how career is setup, formula off-road and Sprint cars both SUCK horrendously, the commentators are annoying, and the controls suck.

I do need to spend some time modifying the assists, but I really wish there was even basic tuning sliders.

berkeley the $40 season pass.

All that negative, ice racing is fun, there's a decent car selection, and it runs well in the One X, with the free upgrade to Series X it might even run smoothly down the line. Rock bouncers are another fun addition, and I think with enough settings changes gymkhana could be fun again.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/29/20 12:36 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Yeah, berkeley the commentators. I'm pretty mad I paid for this. Runs good on a series x though. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7dw8an5cBe1aMCBhkyg2SfoXwdG8jX8HSBUJtLay3TILjTkNLbgf4naSj8VRqwOT