1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
3/8/20 11:09 p.m.

SS4 in Sweden is my first time with a reasonably competitive stage time (5 seconds out of first). I figured other must have had mechanicals for that to happen.. now it makes sense.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/10/20 8:30 p.m.

Just a reminder for you guys doing the non-DLC challenge this week... service at every stage.  Thankfully I only did the first stage on medium compound tires :)

Sk1dmark
Sk1dmark GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/10/20 9:00 p.m.

Finally! After an RMA of the video card I appear for the time being to be back in business. Requested to join. Looking forward to racing with y'all.

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
3/14/20 3:54 p.m.

Sorry if this is old news, but I did not realize all (or at least most) of the roads in DR2 are real.. names changed for licensing reasons.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-rally-2-stages-in-real-life.167966/

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470160373

Really impressive, I just figured they were "inspired by" real rally stages.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/17/20 1:29 p.m.

I tried to jump on and do the DLC challenge last night, but could never connect clubs :(

Edit:  I can't connect to the GRM club via the brower either.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/18/20 9:51 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Yeah the site is a bit wonky sometimes.   There's days in a row where I'm trying to setup the next championship.   I go through all the settings pick the perfect stages and conditions and when I submit it nothing happens.   

I'm hoping the site is setup for the new Colin Mcrae pack right away.   If so we'll setup an event using stuff from it in the DLC group.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/18/20 2:19 p.m.

Well, I hope its working tonight, because its my last chance to get in and complete the DLC challenge this week (i think)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
3/18/20 6:34 p.m.

Looking like it's still down- just tried to get in, will reboot and see...

Nope, not right now anyway sad

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
3/19/20 5:47 p.m.

Looks like racenet is back up!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/19/20 6:35 p.m.

Awesome.  Did I miss the window for the DLC challenge?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/19/20 8:30 p.m.

Damn.  I did :(

I did this weeks non-DLC challenge.  Nonack and I were 0.019s apart on stage 2... it was a tight race!

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
3/20/20 12:04 p.m.

Missed a week for family stuff then last week when racenet was down, hope to be back this round.  

Question: is DLC gonna utilize the sweet new Colin McRae stuff soon?  And as a rule are we morally obligated to "flat out" every single jump and blind corner? Because that's how I'm gonna play it.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/20/20 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt :

As soon as the site that is used to setup championships allows it we will setup a special 3 week championship featuring the stages and cars from this dlc.   

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
3/22/20 4:56 p.m.

New championship starts tomorrow!  All events are four stages.

Week 1- Poland, Rally GT, no surface degradation, dry weather, one service in the middle.  Pretty standard format but fast cars, fast stages.

Week 2- New England, NR4, light/med surface degradation, service between SS1/2 and SS3/4, racing into the night as wet weather dries out.

Week 3- Argentina, Group B, horrible surface, no service, one very long dry day with no night stages.  This is a full on Dakar grade impossibly gnarly endurance event, pack spares and drive clean!

If you guys want you are welcome to request that I not do some of these formats- I think the weird events are fun but totally understand if some people don't share my enthusiasm.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/22/20 9:45 p.m.

I just did the DLC stages for this week.  Miserable.

SS1 was not bad.  I spun on the very first (slight) turn.  No damage, but it put be back 10 seconds.  Made up 4 or 5 of them.

SS2 was in the wet.  I did not have wet tires on.  So I crashed a bit and it took me an eternity.  It appears RocketSaru made the same mistake.  This is where the game bugs me a bit.  It suggested medium compound tires.  Why did it do this?  Is it only suggesting for the current stage?  Because that is unclear.

SS3 was fine until I smashed a hay-bail and a tombstone at speed and blew both front tires.  I replaced one and limped it to the finish.

SS4 didn't feel like doing a whole stage on 3 tires so I retired.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/24/20 1:54 p.m.

The DLC club has a Championship setup for the new DLC.  Unfortunately you can't start a new championship until the previous one had finished and you can't edit a championship week that has already started.   So it will begin Thursday with the first week going to the WRX and the next to the Legacy.   Both are at the new location, surface degradation is set to low, and there is repair at every stage.   

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/245038

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
3/25/20 7:27 p.m.

Wow the standard championship RGT event was tough. I used medium tires, and on the 2nd stage, noticed they were getting to be a bit slippery. I should have heeded that warning and switched to hard, but instead I'd try to tough it out on new mediums. Sure enough, 4th stage they got slippery again, but this time earlier than I was anticipating. I tried to glide through S4 without losing too much time. Those tires must have been bald by the time I finished.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/25/20 10:06 p.m.

I'm interested to know how these results work:

I "won" the championship with a 3rd place, 2nd place, and 1st place finish.

Adam had a 1st place, 2nd place, and DNS.  How does he only have 1 point less?

Not complaining, simply curious.

I imagine attendance will be down for a while for many of us.  Right now I am juggling a lot between work and caring for a toddler who is not going to school and has no outlet for his energy, so gaming time is hard to come by.  Doom Eternal has been out for 5 days and I've barely played it!

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
3/26/20 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

How do you join the championship? New to this but have Dirt Rally 2 installed and am trying to get better at driving.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/26/20 1:45 p.m.

In reply to monark192 :

Follow this link:  https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/232522  That will take you to the webpage for the club.  You may have to create a Codemasters account.   

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
3/26/20 2:30 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

SS2 was in the wet.  I did not have wet tires on.  So I crashed a bit and it took me an eternity.  It appears RocketSaru made the same mistake.  This is where the game bugs me a bit.  It suggested medium compound tires.  Why did it do this?  Is it only suggesting for the current stage?  Because that is unclear.

I meant to reply to this. It had a warning on the tire section, so I checked the stages and saw S2 would be wet. I went with the mediums anyway, but I'm not sure what the correct answer is here. If I ran wets and burned them up on S1, they wouldn't be much good in S2 either, depending on how bad the wet tires burn up in the dry. Maybe it recommended mediums since wets would have ended even more poorly. We wouldn't know for sure unless we test that situation though.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/26/20 3:28 p.m.
Fugaku said:
ProDarwin said:

I meant to reply to this. It had a warning on the tire section, so I checked the stages and saw S2 would be wet. I went with the mediums anyway, but I'm not sure what the correct answer is here. If I ran wets and burned them up on S1, they wouldn't be much good in S2 either, depending on how bad the wet tires burn up in the dry. Maybe it recommended mediums since wets would have ended even more poorly. We wouldn't know for sure unless we test that situation though.

I don't think it would be possible to have less traction than I did in S2.

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
3/26/20 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

Thanks - done all that but I am stuck at "Request Pending" 

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
3/30/20 2:56 p.m.

I recently stumbled onto the leaderboard feature that lets you filter to just friends. Unfortunately I have like, one Dirt Rally friend besides this group..

https://accounts.codemasters.com/friends

Sent one to Prodarwin, please feel free to send requests to johntology. It's another way we can compare times on a regular basis. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/6/20 10:03 p.m.

^Is this yet another area where everyone's name appears differently?

My friends (apparently) are :  skylar0486 and suvh8r  I have never seen these names in the results that I am aware of. 

Also, anyone notice the in game Coronavirus messaging?

Also, I ate it hard in the first minute this week.  I don't know if something changed in the game, or with my setup, or if I am just out of practice, but it was almost impossible for me to hear the co-driver over the engine & gravel.  All my audio was set to default settings.  I dialed sound effects back to 90 and left speech at 100, but it did not make a discernable difference.  I was going to screw with it more, but by then I had nailed a tree while 30 feet in the air lol.

I went and and did a test after that and it was still pretty bad.  Not sure what is different, but its very difficult for me to play :(

The only thing that has changed on my desk is I made a monitor "stand" (raised platform) to stash my KB/Mouse under during the day while I use this desk to work from home.  Monitor positioning is still roughly the same, maybe *slightly* different, so maybe its blocking some of the audio a little bit (speakers are off to the L/R behind it).  

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r4F7DsUTiu3IZWY4AZavpP4wjHJw5ofCmxDPy1QOGQfucNyMZIRlBoGfj4WbV8kz