1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
4/19/20 12:36 p.m.

Well this week's DLC series was a lesson in 1.5-way/2-way LSD behavior. I should have tuned braking lock out. Does anyone know why you would want this behavior at all? It feels unnatural to have the car try to straighten itself out after .5 seconds of starting-to-rotate.

czerka
czerka New Reader
4/21/20 12:44 p.m.

I don't how I keep getting surprised by the bridges on Argentina.  I made it to stage 4 with a clean car, times felt fast, when all of the sudden, left 1 bridge on exit!  Left?  1?  Bridge?  I managed to hit the brakes in time to teeter totter on the edge, but ended up slowly sliding into the river below.  To add injury to insult, the game gave me terminal damage, which is really annoying since I just recently plowed thru a crowd of paramedics on Finland and only got a 1 minute penalty.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
4/21/20 1:09 p.m.

In reply to czerka :

Dirt Rally 2.0.   The sim where plowing through a bunch of spectators and EMS workers is preferable to dropping a wheel off the edge or clipping a tree.   *Mustang noises intensify*

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
4/22/20 3:49 p.m.

Streamed my runs last night in case anyone is interested.   I didnt realize I put a tight technical dangerous course in FWD cars for both series this week sorry for that.   I'm struggling hard at Catamarca though its been brutal.  

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598978115

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
4/22/20 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

Catamarca makes me slightly mad that there aren't Dakar/Baja rigs in the game- it would be so satisfying to float over all that stuff instead of crashing through it.  I got left in the dust by Czerka on the first stage and held my own on the rest, we'll see how that holds up as everybody else gets their times in.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/22/20 11:02 p.m.
Fugaku said:

Well this week's DLC series was a lesson in 1.5-way/2-way LSD behavior. I should have tuned braking lock out. Does anyone know why you would want this behavior at all? It feels unnatural to have the car try to straighten itself out after .5 seconds of starting-to-rotate.

Wait DLC or Non DLC?  I just finished Monaco and this was awful.  I dialed it back on stage 3.  If I were smart I would've done some testing beforehand.  It is annoying that you can't save setups in this game (or can you???).  

It was a tight race the first 2 stages.  I was holding steady in last (lol), but still 8.xx out of first, with Czerka and RocketSaru in between.  Stage 3 in the ice section I was way behind, but made up some time in the dry.  Stage 4 I was doing mediocre, then stuffed it into the end of the guardrail like 100ft from the finish line lol.

Does the game auto-change your tires if you forget?  I made minor repairs at the service, but forgot to put on new tires.  It felt like I had zero traction on stage 3, but stage 3 was ice anyway so who knows.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
4/23/20 9:47 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

Wait DLC or Non DLC?  I just finished Monaco and this was awful.  I dialed it back on stage 3.  If I were smart I would've done some testing beforehand.  It is annoying that you can't save setups in this game (or can you???).  

It was a tight race the first 2 stages.  I was holding steady in last (lol), but still 8.xx out of first, with Czerka and RocketSaru in between.  Stage 3 in the ice section I was way behind, but made up some time in the dry.  Stage 4 I was doing mediocre, then stuffed it into the end of the guardrail like 100ft from the finish line lol.

Does the game auto-change your tires if you forget?  I made minor repairs at the service, but forgot to put on new tires.  It felt like I had zero traction on stage 3, but stage 3 was ice anyway so who knows.

The DLC, I haven't done the non-DLC yet. And yeah the behavior feels so unnatural. I'm curious about the reasoning behind wanting the car to behave like that, if anyone happens to know...

And I don't think the game auto-changes your tires unfortunately...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/23/20 7:12 p.m.

^I wish it would at least give you a warning "looks like you forgot to change your tires".  I've made that mistake several times.  I get excited to do the repairs then move on and totally forget about tires.

Also, has anyone ever had the game recommend tires other than 'medium' for a dirt stage?

I may have redeemed myself on the Non-DLC this week.  I thought for sure I blew it when I put the car on its side during the first stage, but I managed to claw back some time there, as well as a few seconds on stage 3 and 4.  I still only ended up 1st because czerka wrecked, otherwise I'd be back a few seconds.

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/24/20 9:32 a.m.

two of my least favorite things. Argentina and FWD. I started getting the hang of it a bit but still could not keep the pace. The roll didn't help either lol. 

czerka
czerka New Reader
4/28/20 6:46 p.m.

Well, I just got 5 flats on one stage in Scotland. 

Maybe I should have practiced some first.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/28/20 7:05 p.m.
czerka said:

Well, I just got 5 flats on one stage in Scotland. 

Maybe I should have practiced some first.

Dammit.  I hate Scotland.  Mostly because the stupid audio is unbalanced and the calls are insanely late.  But also because those log piles are like magnets lol

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
4/28/20 10:30 p.m.

I ended quite well currently seeing 1st in both groups for this week.   Here are the runs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
4/29/20 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

I just barely got you by 1.5s in New England- that was intense, I was sure I was going off a number of times.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
4/29/20 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

You crushed me in the DLC group. Man maybe I'm not as good at RWD as I thought. I keep doing poorly there but just did amazing in the non-DLC event so I guess I'll call it even haha

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
4/29/20 11:19 p.m.

Man I enjoy the back and forth.  Its fun when seeing it happen after the fact from the results but even better when your chasing someone back and forth throughout the stages in the sim.  1.5 seconds is amazing, razors edge.  

fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/30/20 4:34 p.m.

I made one stupid mistake and it basically caused me to rage quit, next time!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
4/30/20 10:25 p.m.

I mistakenly chose medium tires on the first stage of the DLC challenge and made sloppy mistakes.  Found my groove after that I was within a second of RocketSaru at the end of stage 2 and 3.  Stage 4 I just told myself keep it clean and I can manage a second place finish.  Started off leading by a couple of seconds.  Then got 2 flats within 10 feet of one another.  I almost rage quit.  If I were playing with a controller and not a wheel, it would probably be embedded in my drywall.   I finished it out and won most of the splits.  Would've been a good battle :( 

I really struggle with clearance on the L/R of the car in this game.  It feels to me like the collision box for the logs sticks out like 6 inches past them.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
5/1/20 10:08 p.m.

berkeley.  Almost rage quit the non-DLC also.  Stupid little mistake and I ran 2 stages with a blown engine and all kinds of damage.

Side note:  If the recommended repairs say not to repair your radiator, override them :/

shagles
shagles Reader
5/5/20 7:14 a.m.

I finally found some time to play this morning but did some non GRM races to get the feel back. Did anyone else's wheel settings get wiped with the latest update?

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
5/5/20 8:42 a.m.

Kicking off the 19 GB update so that if I get a chance to play tonight it will be ready.. 

One nit for the championships. I tried to hop into the Grp B RWD one at 12:09 eastern (like 9 minutes after midnight) and it told me it was going to expire in 6 minutes. So I was able to do the first stage and that was it. Is it possible to rig them so they expire at something like 4 AM eastern or 4 AM PST or something like that? Not a big deal, just sometimes I don't get to things during sane hours.

My 037 stage was a mess but I am starting to get comfortable with that car after some setup tweaks. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
5/6/20 11:02 p.m.

This is the first time I am making a big effort to tune the car.  I tried an F2 car on dirt once before and it. was. miserable.

I've tweaked it so its tolerable now, but one issue I am fighting is that when I hit the brakes it wants to swap ends really badly.  I have my bias at 52% F.  and the diff on decel at 0%  Thoughts?  Previously the diff on the F2 car was super pushy on the snow stages 2 weeks ago, that's why I dropped it down.  Will it stabilize it a bit?  Or should I tweak the F/R bias also.

Also, who the hell puts this many tuning options in a game and no way of saving them?  WTF?

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
5/7/20 9:41 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

You could try loosening the rear sway bar, or softening the springs and dampers. Or doing the inverse to the front. Locking the decel diff up a little can also help. Also there is a way to save tuning profiles, it's one of the buttons listed at the bottom of the screen I think.

After that last F2 event at Monte Carlo, I played around with the diffs some in R5 cars. I found on tarmac I like less decel lock to help with rotation, but on loose surfaces, I add some back in. Basically, I found use for it in stabilizing the car in emergencies. Every now and then I'll lose my balance on the car, and the decel lock is a godsend since you can just lift and the car stabilizes itself. I didn't realize I was doing this subconsciously, and when I removed the decel lock, I started crashing more often since it removes that capability.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
5/7/20 9:47 a.m.

+1 on softening the rear sway bar, that's my go-to change in this game when a car keeps wanting to leave the road backwards.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
5/7/20 10:06 p.m.

Holy E36 M3 this game is bad for my blood pressure.

I am currently leading the DLC event, but berkeley that was ugly.  Nearly totaled the car twice and ran half the event on a bad motor.  Stuffed it bad right before the finish on stage 4, surprised it wasn't terminal.

The first wreck was great.  Just got a little too close to the grass and hit a bump or something.  Moment of impact:

1/4 second later

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
5/8/20 3:47 p.m.

Reminds me of this Arma 3 clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQazRDfDRCc

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fUPSAqZB6dZ6zSSKqHmFB5g3T3OSzxIohqd11THW6wJostcEioEMfqC5FI4sykp9