1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/7/20 3:46 p.m.

Next Championship starts Monday the 10th @ 1 am.   We will be driving some of the quickest classes this championship.   As before I set it up so that we have 3 events 1 week each.   Each event has 4 stages with a service station in between the 2nd and 3rd stages.   

shagles
shagles Reader
2/7/20 11:43 p.m.

Well i finally finished a full event. It seemed to me like the evo was faster but it was always on the ragged edge of control. I had way better luck in the sti. Still ended up losing a minute to a flat in both the first and third stages.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/20 3:41 p.m.

I just ordered the game.   Kinda excited 

engiekev
engiekev Reader
2/10/20 12:40 p.m.

I need to participate more, ran out of time to get in this event because of Rallycross Saturday and trying to finish our local SCCA group Dirt event Sunday.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/11/20 7:51 a.m.

A friend is in town staying with me right now.  He didn't like using the controller, so we set the wheel up.  I threw out my old "sim" setup, so we made this out of scrap real quick:

Damn it makes a huge difference with fine inputs.  

That said, anyone have recommended settings for a wheel in this game?  The out of the box settings are terrible.  We found one config that seems to work ok, but its not great and it requires screwing with both the game settings and the logitec software.

Meanwhile, PCars with everything at the default is fantastic.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/11/20 9:33 a.m.

I've got the older Playstation 2 version of that wheel.  I use the following settings.   You don't have to go into the Logitech Profiler but you should.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/11/20 9:48 a.m.

Interesting that you are using 900deg.  Lots of people are recommending lower (I think I had it set to 540 last night).  Whats your "advanced settings" tab look like?  Linearity?

I don't think there is any way I could play with the torque/friction that high.  I think I have wheel & tire down to zero, susp at 75.  With wheel or tire up high its crazypants hard to turn the wheel.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/11/20 10:16 a.m.

900 degrees nothing special with linearity.  No need to be that crazy on the steering wheel most of your turning is done with your left foot.  Our fastest guy by far is on controller anyway so its really more about being comfortable and feeling right than pace.     

engiekev
engiekev Reader
2/11/20 11:26 a.m.

I'll post my settings tonight, a local from SCCA rallyx group shared them.  I only use 270deg total, but I think its personel preference.

I got at least one stage in this morning, will try to get finished up tonight!  Using the sequential shifter is so damn fun and I think I have more control with the wheel when not using the paddle shifters, makes you think more about what gear to stay in and be able to concentrate more on cornering.

shagles
shagles Reader
2/11/20 12:12 p.m.

I'll put mine up later too. I'm on a thrustmaster wheel though so a different feel. The wheel is set to 900 and the saturation turned down so it's effectively 540 degrees 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/11/20 2:16 p.m.

I've just started getting into this game so I've been getting my wheel setup (T300RS GT), I have it set for full rotation (1080) but I have Soft Lock set to On I believe (but I see it is a number above, I'll double check that tonight) and saturation set to 50. Those settings have my wheel turning exactly the same as the wheel in game and it automatically adjusts the rotation of my wheel to whatever car I am driving.  It was making me crazy in VR until I figured out the saturation thing and got everything lined up.

For the rest of the settings I just went into free roam at dirtfish and kept changing things until I was happy through the in game menus.

I also just requested to join the club (adampoll or adampoll27) so hopefully I can join in the fun.

Adam

czerka
czerka New Reader
2/11/20 6:35 p.m.

I can't blame the dog this week.  I should have spent more time test and tuning.  I couldn't get the Opel to do anything I asked, and every time I thought I had it figured out, I'd find a new way to throw myself off course.  Two flats and driving into two different rivers and I'm guessing I'll be bringing up the rear.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
2/11/20 8:07 p.m.

Wow... I think that was my worst event ever.

First stage, I hit a berm hard, maybe a third of the way into the stage, and popped 3 tires. I had one spare, so I used that and limped to the finish. Second stage, still only had 2 tires, so I was limping through it, but my game crashed, so DNF. Repaired what I could after S2, and ran the final stages relatively normally (maybe a bit cautiously). One new thing I discovered. You can damage your electrical/lighting system. My lights were flickering and cutting out on the final stage, which was pretty sketchy.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/12/20 7:59 a.m.
adam525i said:

I've just started getting into this game so I've been getting my wheel setup (T300RS GT), I have it set for full rotation (1080) but I have Soft Lock set to On I believe (but I see it is a number above, I'll double check that tonight) and saturation set to 50.

This is basically what I ended up doing.  1080 @ 50 saturation = 540.  I have my 900 set to 60 = 540.  I had tried playing with the full 900 deg and even the older Evo took an insane amount of wheel input to turn.  At rallycross speeds I have never had to use wheel inputs that aggressive in a real car.

I turned my linearity to zero.

Softlock is on and at 100, but I honestly can't tell the difference between 50 and 150.  The documentation for these settings is really really poor/nonexistent :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/12/20 8:04 a.m.

Question for this championship- do we still have surface degradation cranked way up?  This week it won't matter a ton, but for next week (short travel cars on the roughest roads!) and the following week (stupidly overpowered cars on very fast roads) it's probably going to make a pretty huge difference.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/12/20 11:02 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Soft lock is a seperate steering lock from the physical one your wheel provides.   It basically provides a steering lock that is realistic to the car you are driving.  So if the cars would have 400 degrees of rotation in the steering wheel your sim wheel implements ffb at the lock.  The number just shows how agressive the force feedback motors will fight you if you try to go past the cars soft lock.  

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/12/20 11:08 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I play with the degradation along with the stages, time of day, and weather, to create stories for us that I hope are interesting  I never put degradation to max though.   

Next week in the hell that is Catamarca using the RWD weapons of Rally GT will be our very first race with 100% clear days, no rain, no night, and no degradation on any stage.

The group B week though.. I don't remember all of the details but I do remember that last stage is going to be downhill at night in the rain.  I fully expect to fly off a cliff backwards.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/12/20 8:50 p.m.

Oh man I have to jump in on this.  Just started playing this game again 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/12/20 8:52 p.m.

Made it through the first round and picked up speed as I got used to the car and the stages. I'm in the lead now but that will only stay that way until Engiekev finishes up the event.

I don't know if one of the settings helped or if I am just getting more accustomed to this game in VR but man is it fun for about an hour at a time and super intense.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/12/20 9:11 p.m.

Ok request to join sent.  No idea what the name on there was, email/pass was saved since last time I logged in which was who knows when.  Prepare for a new backmarker

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/13/20 7:57 a.m.

What are the impacts of surface degradation in the GRM group?

Does it mean the first drivers get a better surface?

Does it mean the surface is degraded for all of us equally?  And if so, what does that mean?  Just less grip?  Or the grip disparity between "the line" and the rest of the track width is larger

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/13/20 8:09 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

All of us get the same surface so there's no advantage for starting the event earlier or later in the week.   For the full effects I'm not sure but overall grip is just down, bumpiness goes up.   Sliding takes a lot longer to get grip back.  

I found this and it had a ton of info

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/13/20 7:48 p.m.

I was feeling really good about this week's event until I had a minor incident involving a bridge on the last stage- I'm in the lead right now but engiekev is still yet to run the second leg of the event and we were only a few seconds apart going into service.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/14/20 7:04 a.m.

If I could keep the car off its roof, I'd be doing ok.  I had to recover on the first two stages for dumb mistakes.

Stage 3 I played it conservative and was about 10s off the pace.  Not great, but better than recovering.  Stage 4 I finally got into the groove and was fairly successful.

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
2/14/20 11:46 a.m.

Just requested access to the club. I've been playing since Xmas or so, finally got a remotely modern video card (and by remotely I mean Radeon RX 580.. so not the hotness)

Steam: john_digweed / Codemasters: johntology 

Currently playing with a T300RS, WheelStand pro, and a monitor on a dining room chair which is about the right height. Simlab setup is here but I'm waiting for the seat.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QOhhsO2EIoVjCHomxDdVRd9r5vgczoPLyTIvsT3zJxmf7BZ6ajtYp2heePQmNTdT