1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/14/20 12:50 p.m.

In reply to buttdyno :

Awesome glad to have you as well as our other new drivers.   The little GRM group we got going is growing nicely.   I'm hoping we get enough so that every place first to last is an awesome little battle with all the amazing ups and downs that simulated rally can give.  

To help make sure that events don't get stale  I have added Nonack aka ascii shrug guy to the admin group of the club.  He has a lot of knowledge on the various classes and locations and has some really cool plans on championships.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/14/20 4:09 p.m.

I know we said we like the 4 stage event length- how would you guys feel about some events with slightly different challenges thrown in, for example an event with no services at all so you need to drive clean, or an event with a service every stage so you can really push it?

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/14/20 6:37 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I'd be down with any of that.  For stage amounts that' not really a hard and fast rule.   I try to make it roughly 30-40 minutes of drive time which equates to roughly an hour obligation.   Feel free to mix up the formula especially now that most of us have gotten our feet wet and settled in.

shagles
shagles Reader
2/14/20 6:58 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I like it. The ones I've been a part of so far have been great but I'm always open for variety. 

Question for everyone, is there anyone that doesn't have the DLC stages like Monte Carlo, Finland, Sweden? Those would be fun to throw in too if possible. 

czerka
czerka New Reader
2/14/20 8:50 p.m.

In reply to shagles :

I have all the DLC, and recommend them.  Flying over the jumps on Finland is fun but the ice on Monte Carlo is probably the most fun I've had in the in game.  You're in like 3 gear the whole time bouncing off the rev limiter and only going what feels like 40 miles an hour.  There is a great gulp moment on one of the stages where you are sliding up icy hairpins, then two thirds of the way thru the stage your co driver says "Snow and ice start now."  It's great fun.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/14/20 8:56 p.m.

I don't have the dlc, but I am open to getting them.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/14/20 9:24 p.m.

I have most of the DLC.  What I recommend is setting up a series of 1 week long championships that run from Wed to Wed that is unlimited. rather than the 3 week long championships we do.  Run them  1 week at a time, go crazy, DLC tracks and cars in the mix but not owning a dlc location won't ruin a longer series so people will drop in and out as they can.   Call it something like GRM One Shots or something.   

shagles
shagles Reader
2/14/20 11:41 p.m.

In reply to Maniac0301 :

Ah i really like that idea

shagles
shagles Reader
2/15/20 6:38 a.m.

Is there a way to watch replays from people in our club? I'd really like to see what nonack is doing differently than me. That first stage i felt like i couldn't really get any more time out but i was a minute off his pace. 

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
2/15/20 1:54 p.m.

I've been driving automatic only just so I could focus on the throttle/ steering. About 30 seconds in to the NZ challenge I realized it wasn't automatic anymore, lol. Going to take some getting used to but might was well start now.

Goal: not dfl!

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
2/15/20 1:55 p.m.
shagles said:

Is there a way to watch replays from people in our club? I'd really like to see what nonack is doing differently than me. That first stage i felt like i couldn't really get any more time out but i was a minute off his pace. 

I don't think the game natively supports exporting video. I have been using the Radeon capture stuff.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/15/20 2:27 p.m.

I have the location DLCs, I'm also down to get any others needed or that are released.  Another one is coming IIRC, Scotland or something with a colin mcrae pack.  Gonna get that legacy group A car too.  

I havent run the event yet, maybe tonight.  I dont really use the front drive cars, this will be "exciting" to do full speed wink

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/15/20 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt :

This was my first time driving these cars as well.  I picked the opel mostly because I like the engine noise on it better than the fiesta and didn't like how the Puegot felt.  Surprised the heck outta me that they were only 5 speeds.

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
2/15/20 3:43 p.m.

So those banks are pretty solid, eh?  Going pretty good, few segments only a couple seconds behind pace, bumped one at very high speed and boom! Terminal damage.  Better luck next time, maybe I'll take my foot on the floor (probably not tho)

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/15/20 4:55 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt :

Yeah its a balancing act.   Next week at Catamarca there are these bridges where if you miss the bridge and go off it will dnf the rest of the event... ask me how I know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/17/20 6:24 a.m.
shagles said:

I have looked but it doesn't seem like there's a super easy way to export my replays from PS4.  If I have any advice, especially for the fwd stuff we were driving, it's that the cars slow down just as well sideways as they do in a straight line- you can really brake late and throw them at the corners as a result.  Also the handbrake is your friend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/17/20 6:25 a.m.
Maniac0301 said:

I have most of the DLC.  What I recommend is setting up a series of 1 week long championships that run from Wed to Wed that is unlimited. rather than the 3 week long championships we do.  Run them  1 week at a time, go crazy, DLC tracks and cars in the mix but not owning a dlc location won't ruin a longer series so people will drop in and out as they can.   Call it something like GRM One Shots or something.   

Do you want to set this up or should I?  I picked up a couple of the DLC locations too.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/17/20 7:04 a.m.

For PC people, anyone have a recommendation on where to get the DLC?  On steam it will cost me double what I paid for the game... wondering if there are other options.

I'd love to see the game save a "ghost replay" like GT used to.  Basically a demo file.  Don't need full on video, just a way for someone else with the game to view a replay.  </old grumpy gamer>

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/17/20 7:06 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Ideally I'd want the replays to also have throttle/brake/steering inputs, so I can tell who's left foot braking, etc.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/17/20 7:09 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Yeah, the GT replays used to have that.  Video definitely doesn't

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/17/20 7:19 a.m.

While we're wishing for more features- has anyone found typed up copies of the pace notes?  We transcribed a few from Dirt Rally 1, which was a lot of work, but it's super fun muting the in-game codriver and having somebody read notes to you instead.

Fugaku
Fugaku New Reader
2/17/20 10:13 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Here's some of them:

https://github.com/maxbechtold/dirt-rally-pace-notes

As for DLC, the season passes on steam go on sale occasionally. I'd recommend getting them then, although I payed full price and don't regret it.

buttdyno
buttdyno New Reader
2/17/20 3:21 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

For PC people, anyone have a recommendation on where to get the DLC?  On steam it will cost me double what I paid for the game... wondering if there are other options.

Which package did you get? The season 3/4 package is $12 now IIRC, I dunno what season 1/2 cost.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/17/20 3:38 p.m.
buttdyno said:
ProDarwin said:

Which package did you get? The season 3/4 package is $12 now IIRC, I dunno what season 1/2 cost.

I misread earlier.  Season 3/4 is $12, seasons 1-4 are $20.  There is no way to buy season 1 or 2 on steam.

I wish I could add the Season Pass (1-4) to my wishlist and grab it on sale, but you can't do that because steam is weird.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
2/17/20 4:09 p.m.

I'm torn on this one.   I have some of the DLC and don't mind getting any we need.   Of course the upcoming Colin McRae pack has me all hot under the collar so being able to add that to our mix once it comes out would be baller.  At the same time I do worry that we are adding a barrier to entry.   

I think for the time being running content from the $20 Season 1-4 DLC  should be reasonable unless the console costs for the DLC are way higher.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XHvkHdBPK9IvFd2yqSk9VGuetcex8KjYWyKdZxNjbTNu9ifDxVIulOoE7DAu8hl9