1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/16/16 8:54 a.m.

Suicider Super mutants I had gotten into the habit of hitting them in the right arm, setting off the nuke from afar. Then I realized that if I head shot them, I get to go pick up the mini nuke. Headshots with suppressed .50. Love it.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/16/16 10:03 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Clutch42:

Nah, just run through with the brotherhood real quick......the return of Liberty prime is worth it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/16/16 10:34 a.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to Mr_Clutch42: Nah, just run through with the brotherhood real quick......the return of Liberty prime is worth it.

Seriously?

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
2/16/16 10:47 a.m.

Just saw the announcement for Fallout 4 DLC!

For those of you at work behind a firewall:

Fallout 4 Add-Ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor and More

Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.

Automatron Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

calteg
calteg Dork
2/16/16 12:19 p.m.

W00t! Thanks for posting this, I'm firewall afflicted. Glad I bought the season pass a few months ago! Kinda mad I took the aquaboy perk, I was banking on the first DLC being based underwater...

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/16/16 12:55 p.m.

Cool, I may have to go pick up the season pass. I have managed something like 140 hours in the base game and I am sure that it will continue to climb. Totally worth the money

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/17/16 10:32 a.m.

OK, so this morning I just got to the Institute. That was NOT what I was expecting. I did do a seperate save to I can go back later if I change my mind.

Paul, what faction do you piss off if you stay MM?

WOW Really Paul?
2/17/16 10:46 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: OK, so this morning I just got to the Institute. That was NOT what I was expecting. I did do a seperate save to I can go back later if I change my mind. Paul, what faction do you piss off if you stay MM?

The Institute.....The railroad, BoS, etc will still be ok with you afterwards. Bonus points awarded if you roll through the MM quest wearing the legendary synth armor you can get from the institute's commissary.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
2/17/16 1:05 p.m.

How long before the minutemen give you actual missions? I just keep getting told that settlements need help. (raiders, ghouls or kidnappings)

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/17/16 1:17 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP:

I never got any more once I took the castle. I think you have to split with the institute to get any more. I sided with the railroad.

calteg
calteg Dork
2/17/16 2:00 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: OK, so this morning I just got to the Institute. That was NOT what I was expecting. I did do a seperate save to I can go back later if I change my mind. Paul, what faction do you piss off if you stay MM?
The Institute.....The railroad, BoS, etc will still be ok with you afterwards. Bonus points awarded if you roll through the MM quest wearing the legendary synth armor you can get from the institute's commissary.

Nearing the end of my second playthrough, I think I'll side with the institute this time around. Do you literally get bonus points for wearing the armor? It's pricey as hell...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/17/16 2:05 p.m.
DjGreggieP wrote: How long before the minutemen give you actual missions? I just keep getting told that settlements need help. (raiders, ghouls or kidnappings)

Go do those. THey build up XP fast.

I've currently got 50k caps and enough E36 M3 stashed in different settlements to generate another 10-15k pretty easily. I live ny the motto "take it. It'll be worth something to someone sometime"

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP New Reader
2/17/16 3:24 p.m.

I'm just shy of level 60, and finally decided with running with the railroad so I had to nix the Brotherhood.

BUT I did save prior to the final decision so I have the option of 'retrying' a different path with this character or try out new builds for a different endgame

calteg
calteg Dork
2/17/16 3:48 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
DjGreggieP wrote: How long before the minutemen give you actual missions? I just keep getting told that settlements need help. (raiders, ghouls or kidnappings)
Go do those. THey build up XP fast.

Sort of. In the early game, it's a great way to beat up on raiders without much risk of dying.

On second look, I'm way less excited about the DLC...basically have to wait until May for anything useful.

WOW Really Paul?
2/17/16 4:31 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Go do those. THey build up XP fast. I've currently got 50k caps and enough E36 M3 stashed in different settlements to generate another 10-15k pretty easily. I live ny the motto "take it. It'll be worth something to someone sometime"

To get past the basic settlement things, you have to progress farther in the main storyline.

Bob, you seriously need to heavily invest in Mutfruit farming at your settlements.....I make one swing around all of them and can buy everything for sale from all the vendors at Diamond City, Good Neighbor, & Bunker Hill. I have easily over 300k caps in this game now.

Edit: and no, there isn't a bonus for doing it with the synth armor, just ironic.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/17/16 5:06 p.m.

Mutfruit.... got it.

Also curious at what point the girls are going to catch on..... "romanced" Piper and Cait. Maybe I should put them in the same settlement?

WOW Really Paul?
2/17/16 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Keep doing it, eventually you'll get their perks.....also, recruit Curie ASAP.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
2/17/16 5:42 p.m.

Curie, got it. I've never been all the way into vault 81. CAn I travel out of the Institue at will now?

WOW Really Paul?
2/17/16 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Yes, by fast traveling there

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
2/17/16 7:03 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul?: I also want to use different builds too, not just see the different ending.

calteg
calteg Dork
2/17/16 7:07 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: Keep doing it, eventually you'll get their perks.....also, recruit Curie ASAP.

Why Curie? For her healing perk? I'd think you'd want Macready first, unless you're playing a melee build. Speaking of, a melee build is really, really challenging at low levels. Prepare to spend a lot of time running away.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/17/16 8:04 p.m.

Go get Curie because Curie is HILARIOUS. Her and Piper are my favorite companions.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/17/16 8:05 p.m.

Also:

WOW Really Paul?
2/18/16 10:16 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Go get Curie because Curie is HILARIOUS. Her and Piper are my favorite companions.

What's hilarious is Curie on my game seems to be different from a few other friends games. One says she dislikes the use of power armor, yet when I picked her up she said "That's an exquisite piece of machinery" to me while hopping in my x01 mk. VI......she also doesn't seem to mind excessive violence either(which is weird) Also, since she doesn't stay the robot for long, giving her the World Series baseball bat is perhaps the funniest thing ever....

calteg
calteg Dork
2/18/16 12:00 p.m.

Curie also has really high HP, she makes a great bullet sponge

1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BNTqfITHwbDc6XA6HF8xTolTXyuZSC7cOAnbs7D1E664J0RzpfxZD1ag6lGzymuz