1 ... 22 23 24 25
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/21/17 5:06 p.m.

Holy crap does building consume time. I'll start building something and then 4 hours has passed.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
2/23/17 8:13 p.m.

Yep, one of the reasons I had to take a break. I can easily waste an entire day on Fallout 4. I'll think of something cool to try and build, and while I'm hunting down supplies, it's easy to get sidetracked and forget your main mission.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/23/17 9:03 p.m.

Started a new character on survival. Fun so far. Got my ass handed to me by the person with the minigun in the radio dish thing north of Concord.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
3/29/17 10:44 a.m.

so, Got myself to level 61. Still not onto the main story line. Every settlement is minimum 60 defense with stores and shiz. Not getting any MM quests popping up. Apparently they can take care of it themselves now. Started building as well. I made my first 5-story shack condo. walls around all the settlements with turrets e'r'where. food and water galore. For some reason, I cannot get Oberland Station above 60 on the happiness scale. They are just some seriously unhappy people.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/29/17 11:07 a.m.

I finally did one main story line thing.

Stupid question: does doeing the retaking the castle mission lock me into anything?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
3/29/17 11:17 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I finally did one main story line thing. Stupid question: does doeing the retaking the castle mission lock me into anything?

Nope. It helps you with the minutemen but you're not locked into anything.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/29/17 11:47 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

Before you get locked into anything, you will get a pop up saying that this mission will lock you out of one of the factions.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
3/29/17 12:39 p.m.

Cool. Guess I will retake the castle tonight!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/8/17 11:39 a.m.

I'm probably going to delete my new character and shut off all the mods, my XBone is randomly freezing up when I play. On top of that, I can't figure out what mods are causing glitches with the settlements.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UberDork
5/8/17 7:52 a.m.

Around Christmas (Cyber Monday actually), I scored a hell of a deal on a XBone and a bunch of games at Target. Among the games I got with the console was Fallout 4. Recently, I finally had a few minutes to sit down with it and play.

Here's my question: Does anyone else feel "off" after playing this game for a while? There's something almost depressing about playing the game, wandering through the wreckage of a past society with your dog. Previous Fallout games didn't really do this to me, but this one does. I've played other Bethesda games like Skyrim before, and they don't do this to me. I even had a dog as a companion for a bit in that game, until he got lost in a cave somewhere along the line, so I don't think it's the dog.

That said, the amount of detail in this game is astounding. Great game so far. I'm at the car factory in Lexington right now.

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
6/2/17 6:47 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito:

Your profile says you're from MA. Probably because you recognize some of the locations and they feel more real to you. I grew up in northern Virginia, and felt that way a bit playing the third one.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
6/2/17 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow:

The Last of Us is also based in MA, and I didn't quite get the same vibe from that game. Maybe it's the 50's music and "old timey"-ness that does it.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
6/2/17 12:58 p.m.

Nope. I've invested somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 hours into this stupid game. Current play through is 291 hours (12days, 3 hours). I love playing it. Maybe it's the willingness to let society burn lately that makes this game easier for me.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
9/26/17 8:25 p.m.

In case you haven't figured out the obvious clues, Fallout 4 Game Of The Year edition is out now.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/27/17 12:03 a.m.

Oh.  Well I guess I know what I will be getting when I do my upgrade so I can enjoy the latest racing games.

I have the Fallout3 GOTY edition, so my patients pays off again!

Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
11/27/17 10:03 a.m.

my blackfriday purchase .... GOTY editionwith all the DLC's. $19 for it on Sat at wally world. Been playing it this morning.... Nuka Wold is awesome. 

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
11/30/17 11:51 a.m.

Last night I decided to start a fresh game with no mods loaded.

Aaaaaand there went 6 hours of my life. Before I knew it it was 1 AM. I get up at 5.  indecision

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
12/9/17 9:34 a.m.

If you guys are playing without mods someone on a facebook group recommended to me a youtube channel:

Skooled zone channel, "No Mods Shop Class" series. Id give a link but having trouble grabbing one on my phone.

Great settlement building and other game tips

Bobcougarzillameister
12/12/17 11:38 a.m.

fFinally got to Far Harbor. Man am I burning through ammo there. Once I get low, I swing through my settlements and pick up tons of caps, then go buy all the .45, 2mm and 7.62 I can get then go do a few more quests. I already have 1 VIM power armor and the Nuka Cola one. Need the Quantum X-01 and the second VIM and I'll have the whole collection. 

I added a floor to my main settlement to store my PA. I need to figure out how to save screen shots on my PS4. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/12/17 11:42 a.m.

In reply to Bobcougarzillameister :

Have you built an ammo machine yet? Makes things worlds easier

Bobcougarzillameister
12/12/17 12:54 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

no.... I didn't even realize that was a thing.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/12/17 1:59 p.m.

In reply to Bobcougarzillameister :

Fallout wiki link

One of the contraptions you can make at settlements, it turns raw materials into bullets, lead, plastic, etc.

I still haven't successfully built a sorting machine to break down all my junk for me, but there are instructions out there to make it really easy. 

Bobcougarzillameister
12/12/17 3:01 p.m.

I'll have to check my gun nut perk.... I thought I maxed it out as early as I could to get access to mods.  I'll have to make that in the morning. 

Bobcougarzillameister
12/13/17 4:02 p.m.

This morning was a success. Ammunition station set up. Created 600rds of .45 before running out of steel. Picked up the second VIM power armor. finally found the last Star Core and got the Quantum X01 suit. Also have found I have the Sugar Bombs paint, so I fixed up a T-51 with that.

So I now have 2 VIMS T-51d, one Nuka Cola T51f, one Nuka Quantum X-01 Mk IV, one T-51 Sugar Bombs, one T-51f flames with tesla coils (Awesome to watch at night!), one X-01 mkVI with tesla coils, 2 partial X-o1's, one T-45 complete and some extra pieces. Also checked, this play through has 102 hours at level 62. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/14/17 10:48 a.m.

I’m so pissed right now. I started up my Xbox and it said Fallout 4 needed an update, so I went and updated it. 

When I booted up the game, my last save file was from a month or so ago. I’ve done a E36 M3 ton of building since then, so I may have lost everything that I’ve built since then. 

Has anyone else had this issue before? Is there a way to fix it? 

1 ... 22 23 24 25

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GpF3dekRo2DCTf8Tv3Xb6WYQzLMbj9QpGU8QkOCSImHLDnw46hfy8KldGv9a1iJD