1 ... 23 24 25
Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
12/14/17 11:04 a.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid :

I've had it freeze mid game and need a restart on my PS4. where the most recent save was from the day before. but I pretty much play a couple hours monday through friday. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/14/17 11:11 a.m.

I decided to install again. I might have a problem... I have over 300 hours in...

Bobcougarzillameister
12/14/17 11:25 a.m.
singleslammer said:

I decided to install again. I might have a problem... I have over 300 hours in...

part timer. 6 play throughs, 4 over 100hours. shortest play through was 70. On #7

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
12/14/17 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Bobcougarzillameister :

No this is something different. I don’t know what happened, but I am beyond pissed. 

boaty mcfailface
boaty mcfailface UberDork
12/14/17 1:21 p.m.

not sure if this only applies to PC... but are you just doing Quicksaves (as opposed to a full save)?

I have seen videos where youtubers tell you to SAVE the game, not Quicksave, so it leads me to believe there is some instability there.  I have also had it load a little earlier than I know it had last been saved, thankfully the most I have lost in the process is maybe a gun or two that I had picked up. I try to remember to do at least 1 full save every time I play. 

Bobcougarzillameister
12/14/17 1:45 p.m.

In reply to boaty mcfailface :

Good call. I've been quicksaving most of the time. I'll remember to do an actual save tomorrow. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/14/17 9:33 p.m.

I read something from Bethesda that apparently your save files get saved in a cloud and sometimes they get “lost”. Something about having to log out and logging back in and it’s supposed to resolve it. 

I’m going to try this and see what happens. 

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
12/15/17 11:57 a.m.

Ok, all is well. I found a video on YouTube that explained what happens. Apparently your most recent save files end up on the bottom of the load list. 

So I checked and they were there! 

Thank god because I was going to freak out. I’ve been building away like a madman in my settlements and I would actually have been pissed if all that save data had been gone. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
12/15/17 1:50 p.m.

I sometimes go thru my saves and delete older ones to prevent it from loading a save from 60 hours previous.

I should really delete a few characters I have saved. While they start with plans of trying a new play style, the very quickly always end up as a 'Sneaking Sniper' (akin to Elder scrolls 'Stealth Archers') so I may just remove a few characters and try my hardest to be into energy weapons, or melee, or something else at least...

Bobcougarzillameister
12/15/17 1:55 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

I did that when I loaded the GOTY version. I always have this plan to play it one way or another and I end up being Mr Goodytoo Shoes and sleeping with everyone. 

I also like my weapons to reach out and smash someone from a distance. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
12/15/17 2:20 p.m.

In reply to Bobcougarzillameister:

I try to be a sarcastic arse, buuuut.... It just never pans out. And I always end up sniping... I need to work on this, I really want to build a heavy weapons character!!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/26/17 8:33 a.m.

So I've returned to FO4. I haven't really played since some of the first DLC was coming out, but over the weekend I got the Season Pass for $27 on Amazon (I had $2 digital coupon-thingy since I deferred fast shipping)

I'm only level 7 or so at the moment so I can't even go to the Nuka-world or the like. I like to think that I'll use a character differently but I always fall back into the same playing style too! No automatic weapons or melee, very light on heavy weapons. Mostly sniper-style weapons or a fancy shotgun. I do like a good fast as you can pull the trigger .38 pipe rifle/pistol.

Bobcougarzillameister
12/26/17 9:13 a.m.

So.... I've seen this happen before. Anyone ever have their settlement people just forget everything and unassign themselves? Like EVERYONE is unassigned. The happiness level plummets, they get raided etc. And everyone is just randomly walking around not doing anything. SO I have to spend 10 minutes reassiging everyone their tasks and everything is back to normal. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/26/17 9:34 a.m.

In reply to Bobcougarzillameister :

I had that problem on PC. It just seemed to randomly come and go.

On xbox though, I've signed my settlers to trade routes so I can use the workshops wherever on the map, and the settlers disappear entirely. Sometimes they'll come back, but it seems many went wandering and never finished setting up their trade route.

Bobcougarzillameister
12/28/17 10:08 a.m.

something else interesting..... the traders in Nuka World lost all their clothes. I finished by killing all the clans freeing the slaves/traders. Now they're only wearing undies.... wierd.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/1/18 12:59 p.m.

The Mods are killing me. I love the building aspect of this game, but the mods are really meant for PC. They are making my game freeze up all the time. 

I had built an awesome 4 story building on the Murkwater Construction site and as soon as I got done building it, there’s too much detail and the damn thing freezes up. Now it’s freezing at random spots, so I quicksave as much as possible. 

At some point, I may build a gaming PC for Fallout alone, because the building part of it is like crack for me. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/1/18 3:31 p.m.

Do it! There are many on here that will enable that. You can build a PC for under $500 that works great at fallout.

Something like This

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/1/18 5:01 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

It will have to wait for a while. I’m starting the process of going through the Big D and I won’t have $500 to blow all Willy Nilly for a while. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
1/3/18 10:09 a.m.

Do you have a desktop computer from the last 4 years?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
1/4/18 1:24 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

No, the newest one I have is about 10 years old. 

jde
jde HalfDork
1/4/18 1:44 p.m.

You guys convinced me to pull the trigger on the GOTY XB1 version while it's on sale. :-)

Bobcougarzillameister
1/8/18 10:50 a.m.

Had some serious glitching on Sunday. Was completing the Silver Shroud quest, had to leave my Quantum power armor to meet Hancock and thought I'd leave it at KLEO's armor station. Everytime I went to go back in it froze the game. 

Also, this play through I'm at 8 days, 16 hours and 11 minutes as of this morning. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/20/18 6:45 p.m.

The devs should have put a few components (springs, screws, copper) in the random workbenches not at settlements. The weapons bench should have had actual gun mods (scope, large mags, compensators). Taking it one step farther make a few rare or non buildable weapon parts like a legendary component or a named part.

1 ... 23 24 25

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
umIJ97VV6X9Od9NV1NUKIxOHpVAdjzPK0XaYt4loqshUsBx2IN9G8a1HicONAxyt