1 2
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/20/15 7:26 p.m.

Ok, not truly OCD. Never officially diagnosed, anyhow. We'll leave the rest open to discussion.

ONTO THE SHOW- Ive been playing Fallout Shelter on my Android phone (berkeley an iPhone) since its release earlier this week, and I've noticed several things.

The tutorial annoys me. It FORCES me to build an asymetrical fortress. This does not do me well at all. I COULD rectify the situation, but that would be prohibitively expensive, especially given how skimpy the cap rations are.

Speaking of cap rations- holy hell are the purse strings tight. You had better not make any mistakes or it will take you DAYS to recover. I had 4 dwellers die in an unfortunate roach accident, and it took me two days to revive them all. I'm still feeling the effects.

And the RAIDS- they're giant pains in the a$$. Suddenly all hell breaks loose and you'd better hope you have guns, or you're hosed. Sad I can't collect off the corpses of Raiders- none of them ever leave my Vault.

Other things I've noticed-

It's actually fairly efficient to um...breed new Dwellers. However you might want to write down who's berkeleying who. I didn't, and I'm about 4 generations in and I can't keep track of who's berkeleyed who, and I'm pretty sure 2/3s of my dwellers are related at this point. Here's to hoping for some new blood from the Wasteland soon. FORTUNATELY (or unfortunately depending on how depraved you are) it won't let you inbreed. I tried once...for lulz. No 3 eyed kids.

The pregnant women are laugh worthy. As soon is the deed is done, they come out, ready to pop and dragging ass. And for some reason 90% of them are only fit to work in the kitchen after that. I swear, it's not me. It's the games stats. The A stat tends to be up when they get pregnant, and that's the one that corresponds with kitchen. Occasionally they are fit for factory work. They also run and scream whenever a raid happens. This is funny.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
8/20/15 7:31 p.m.

My welcome mat for raiders mostly consists of power armor and a freaking missile launcher.
Suck it you mad-max wannabes!

I don't mind asymetry, it's the less useful stuff I've bought that I don't like.
Radio station has netted me one - crappy - dweller, and whichever room makes rad-away seems to pump them out waaay faster than - much more useful - stimpaks.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/20/15 9:07 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: My welcome mat for raiders mostly consists of power armor and a freaking missile launcher. Suck it you mad-max wannabes! I don't mind asymetry, it's the less useful stuff I've bought that I don't like. Radio station has netted me one - crappy - dweller, and whichever room makes rad-away seems to pump them out waaay faster than - much more useful - stimpaks.

Yeah, I tore out my radio room. I have several fairly heavily armed dwellers- so raids aren't much of an issue, just annoying.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
8/20/15 9:12 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
SnowMongoose wrote: My welcome mat for raiders mostly consists of power armor and a freaking missile launcher. Suck it you mad-max wannabes! I don't mind asymetry, it's the less useful stuff I've bought that I don't like. Radio station has netted me one - crappy - dweller, and whichever room makes rad-away seems to pump them out waaay faster than - much more useful - stimpaks.
Yeah, I tore out my radio room. I have several fairly heavily armed dwellers- so raids aren't much of an issue, just annoying.

Have you updated yet. Because deathclaws SUCK.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/20/15 11:12 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Have you updated yet. Because deathclaws SUCK.

Haven't seen an update or a deathclaw yet.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
8/21/15 11:00 a.m.

Wait, this is out on android now?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
8/21/15 11:03 a.m.

It came out on android maybe a week or two ago.

I am relatively interested in this game but rather distracted with several others at the moment.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
8/21/15 11:34 a.m.

Hmmm.....

Might have a new time suck....

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
8/21/15 1:39 p.m.

Just tried it. Did not like. Oh well.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
8/24/15 11:55 a.m.

I've been playing it for a week. I usually don't like these types of games, but I'm digging this one. I'm on my 2nd vault; my 1st one did not fare so well and was beyond saving after a couple hours, so I started another one that is kicking butt.

Confession time: I have all of the Fallout games that have been released so far, but I've only ever briefly played 2 a long time ago, just started 3 over the weekend (no one told me it was a post apocalyptic Skyrim!, and yes I know it's a Bethesda game) and now Shelter.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
8/25/15 8:39 a.m.

I like it, but I get frustrated by fat-fingering most of my inputs. I need a tablet to play this on. Otherwise its a decent timewaster.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/25/15 9:17 a.m.

berkeleying radroaches just killed.my 3rd vault. Taking a break before I break my.phone.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
8/25/15 9:24 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: I've been playing it for a week. I usually don't like these types of games, but I'm digging this one. I'm on my 2nd vault; my 1st one did not fare so well and was beyond saving after a couple hours, so I started another one that is kicking butt. Confession time: I have all of the Fallout games that have been released so far, but I've only ever briefly played 2 a long time ago, just started 3 over the weekend (no one told me it was a post apocalyptic Skyrim!, and yes I know it's a Bethesda game) and now Shelter.

Im with you! I had never played any of the fallout games, but just this weekend bought new Vegas used, would have gotten 3 first but games tip was out and i didn't want to wait for shipping. Holy crap I love this game. I usually only play sports and racing games, but this is the most entertaining game I have played in years.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
8/30/15 8:06 p.m.

I've been playing it since it came out on iPhone. It may be phone specific, but I have noticed that if I jump in the game, snag all the resources and check on whatever dwellers are in the wasteland, then jump back out of the game, I do not get attacked by raiders or have any accidents. If you spend more than 2 minutes (it seems like) in the game, then all the E36 M3 starts happening.

I just make sure that at least 2 people in every room has a gun, at least one decent, just in case of radroaches and that the first two floors EVERYBODY has a good gun. The raiders go away faster.

Oh I finally got on my 6th vault before I started being able to not kill everyone.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/30/15 8:55 p.m.

I havent logged in in a couple weeks, after my 4th vault, I quit. I may go back.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
8/30/15 9:00 p.m.

My high school gymnasium was a fallout shelter and I made it out

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/31/15 12:47 p.m.

you guys SUCK. Now, not only do I waste more time I waste more battery life. With that said.... I'm collecting caps quite nicely and keeping my people happy! 83% happiness level and 8k caps!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
8/31/15 4:01 p.m.

It really sucks when you start needing more people but then start running out of resources and it gets ridiculous to try to balance it all out.

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/27/15 12:20 p.m.

Been laid up for a few days and just downloaded this last night to pass the time. Pretty fun.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
10/27/15 10:36 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

My first go at it was a radroach infestation that killed all but 3 dwellers out of about 40, second time around, I made it to over 70 heavily armed dwellers then had 4 Deathclaw attacks in a row that nearly wiped me out. Been working on rebuilding that vault. Allegedly, the radio room draws deathclaws. YMMV

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/27/15 10:54 p.m.

I actually forgot about this. Gta has lowriders

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/28/15 2:31 a.m.

How do you get weapons? Im only lvl 20 so only have 2 pistols from lunchboxes and a few outfits None of my residents died but the danm raiders made it to every room of the vault before I killed all 3. I just sort of passed the gun around the vault with them (one was deployed out in the wasteland).

I'll probably be out on disability for a few weeks recovering from a bad UC flare-up that had me in the hospital so between gt6, nr2003, and doctors appointments I'll have plenty of time to dick around with this game too.

WOW Really Paul?
10/28/15 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Failboat:

You send a vault dweller out into the wasteland to find them, just check on them to make sure they aren't about to die. If possible, load them up with stimpacks, radaway, and let them wander all day. Make sure to also build a storage room so you can actually keep the stuff on hand when they come back. I lost 2 flamethrowers over that.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
12/12/15 3:43 p.m.

So, I have had six Death Crawler attacks in 4 days, kinda annoyed by that now...

WOW Really Paul?
12/12/15 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Volksrodden:

Unstaff your radio station..... To anyone building a new vault on this game, Go all the way to the right side before going down....it'll help keep those pesky Deathclaw attacks from causing too much chaos.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RYdCuVj00FGt5wCIOgydS5TQeuu5SEcYzWTUExc1VyoXDSBDZcMdCiKirb3q7XLu