1 2
Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/19/13 1:41 p.m.

My FM4 team, Allied Forces [Ax4x} is hosting the Four Hours of LeMons at Road Atlanta on FM4 through TORA on November 9 at 3PM EST/12N PST.

While this event is a TORA Community Event, I have decided to forgo the TORA registration rule in hopes of making this a bigger event in true LeMons for fun fashion.

Cars are limited to C Class 400 PI, and split into two classes: Overweight (3000+ Lbs) and Underpowered (sub 200 HP) and in most cases a 8000 dealership price tag. Upgrades and tuning are permitted within the following: NO engine swaps, aspiration conversions, adjustable aero, or drivetrain conversions.

Also, a few cars that can be found in the classifieds for the real world price of $500, but cost more than 8000Cr in game have been added: 1966 Ford Country Squire, 1979 Camaro, 1977 Firebird, 1963 Beetle, 1996 Impala.

For more details: http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t11649-tcr-4h-of-lemons-nov-2

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/19/13 2:35 p.m.

BTW, I would have gone with a full 24H, but having participated in a few of them, as well as cohosting a 12H of Road America LMP/GTE event, I know that is more effort than we could commit to as a smallish team.

And four one hour stints w/ 20 minute breaks allows anyone to race the full event if desired, but anything more than that really requires codrivers.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/19/13 2:49 p.m.

Looking forward to this

Lancer007
Lancer007 New Reader
10/19/13 9:47 p.m.

If I don't get yelled at by SWMBO, I'm interested. My Xbox gamer tag is the same as my username.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/22/13 11:29 p.m.

I signed up to run

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/23/13 11:15 a.m.

I have a feeling the 77 or 79 F-body will win this. FWIW, drag tires should be required so the tire performance actually falls off.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/24/13 1:32 a.m.

^ I would have loved to implement a drag tire rule, but in my experiences in online leagues tells that would put off a few racers. However, use of tire strategy with the drag tires helped me get much higher finishes than I really should have in a NASCAR series that required them.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/24/13 12:05 p.m.

I may try putting a test lobby together tonight, around 9 ish PST if anyone's interested

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/24/13 12:24 p.m.
Flyin Mikey J wrote: ^ I would have loved to implement a drag tire rule, but in my experiences in online leagues tells that would put off a few racers. However, use of tire strategy with the drag tires helped me get much higher finishes than I really should have in a NASCAR series that required them.

For whatever reason, only the drag tires "Wear" at any rate that makes sense.....its the great equalizer. Push too hard early, you'll have to stop early.

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
10/24/13 12:50 p.m.

On Saturday I read the initial post like five times before realizing this thread was about a video game, lol.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/24/13 4:05 p.m.

We're trying to limit the number of stickies on this page, but you have permission to periodically bump this thread. Hope you guys get a nice field. And remember, in a spin, both feet in.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/25/13 10:46 a.m.

^ Thank you sir.

We are currently looking at about 10-12 entries, hoping for a full 16 car lobby. A far cry from the four full lobbies we had for the 12H of Sebring and 24H of Lemans, but will be fun regardless.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/25/13 12:35 p.m.

I ran an hour long race last night with AI cars just to run in traffic. Then ran a 30 minute race with Mutant (not sure if he still hangs out here or not). Looking forward to the main event :)

mutant
mutant New Reader
10/26/13 1:14 a.m.

i should be there...

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/26/13 11:52 a.m.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but scheduling conflicts have forced us to push this race back a week to Nov 9. Same time, still a Saturday... just a different Saturday.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/29/13 1:25 a.m.
yamaha wrote: I have a feeling the 77 or 79 F-body will win this.

Seems that low power lightweights are the quickest in testing. Honda CRX, Gen1 RX7, Miata, MR-S. Since all the fast teams are in Underpowered Class, I went Overweight and found the 96 Impala and 90 Nissan Z to be the fastest of the fat cars.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
10/31/13 8:16 p.m.

Looks like we will have a single lobby. But that just makes timing and scoring a bit simpler.

And from what I hear we also have live streaming, complete with British commentary. Here's to a bit of argy bargy.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/31/13 8:35 p.m.

Cool! I should be able to make the new date. SWMBO approves

Still planning on running the van too

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
11/1/13 6:31 p.m.

Had great fun in the test lobby today.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
11/9/13 11:17 a.m.

My ride for today

mutant
mutant New Reader
11/9/13 9:03 p.m.

well- flying mikey j did a great job! the race was fun and the lemons concept went off well... dart had lag problems and bounced out of the lobby-ending his day...i was leading the overweight class in my 03 mitsubishi eclipse when a team from TORA in a gmc van decided i should pay a visit to the wall on the back strait-ending my day...oh well-guess it is a bad idea to be faster than the big dogs from TORA....based on my experience-find another group other than TORA to run with...

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
11/11/13 2:00 a.m.

The TORA Staff entry, more precisely how you dealt with them, cost you a class win and overall podium, mutant. Sorry your day ended so bad and abruptly.

Overall, from the race promoter's side, the race was a smashing success. All but one competitor left with a smile on their face, it brought in six rookies, and the livestream went over really well. Lots of racers who never would stoop as low as race anything like this now want me to host another LeMons event, all because they saw just how fun racing crappy cars can be via the livestream.

And staff want me to host an offshoot series for the FWD Underpowered class cars from the event "NAFFCAR" as in Naturally Aspirated FWD Fourbangers.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
12/15/13 12:47 p.m.

In talks with the sanctioning body to run three or four LeMons races in the coming year.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
12/15/13 5:07 p.m.

Please do keep us posted. That was a lot of fun! (until I got lag-booted)

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
12/21/13 12:18 p.m.

The first FM4 LeMons event of 2014 will be held (tentatively) at Tsukuba the last Saturday of February.

After seeing the lightweights dominate, there have adjustments:

Underweight: 150HP, 395PI Overweight: 2700 Lbs min, 400PI

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
70wQGnueSpph2ow2MPw8ntoG4MXYFmDXzV8HvlnrD5GWzb8FR3yGXphWtBuERqGs