NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/17/17 5:33 p.m.

Anyone else playing this? It's the alternate historical fiction where a series of cataclysmic natural events force European-style medieval knights, Vikings and Japanese-style samurai into conflict for scarce resources. Combat is very detailed, involving stances, varying strength attacks, blocking, parrying and combos. My only gripe so far is that the game does not have dedicated servers for the multiplayer, resulting in a lot of dropped games or getting booted from matchmaking when the host quits or has a bad connection.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/17/17 8:39 p.m.

I downloaded the beta. I went to get my sword on, and it said it was an always on game and required an ubisoft account. Ubisoft can't keep ezio from masturbating in the however many assassins creed games there are, im not trusting them with my ish. I noped on out of there and deleted the 26! Gb of data.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/18/17 7:07 a.m.

If they don't get the online services straightened out soon, it's going to be a swift death for this game. Went to play last night, got booted out of matching making a quarter of the time. Then would start the match and sometimes, even though we were in a party, it would queue my friend up in a different match. And then about 1/2 the matches we started we would get dropped from. It's like gaming online in the early 2000s

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/19/17 3:41 p.m.

Sounds like ubisoft is trying to outdo the legendary horrible ea servers.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
2/20/17 7:03 a.m.

Yeah, and at this point in time they aren't admitting they have a problem. Really sad, because it's otherwise a great game, but the online multiplayer functionality is fundamentally busted. My friend tried to play for an hour the other night and did not complete a single match

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ce29bKn2A9jHJJjBuamACMS0yQU1t4cvd1fnOSUeCRukGazdpqfNGscdmlUQPoHK