1 2 3
axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/6/14 8:37 p.m.

That's what races are for.... Finding your groove.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/7/14 8:05 a.m.

Cheeto and I were on practicing again last night. Where was everybody?

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/7/14 2:01 p.m.

Tuesday nights? Just checking before I go pimp this series to the team and friends.

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
6/7/14 2:20 p.m.

I have been following this thread and want to get into this series but we only have Xbox gold under my wife's name and she doesn't want to buy another one. I will try and see if I can gift the cars to her account. I just built a TA and a Challenger. I'll might build a few others to see what I like best.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/7/14 9:07 p.m.

Some of the cars are cheap enough on the Auction House. I bought a Javelin on there a couple of days ago for 6k. And once you get them to Affinity Level 4, the parts are free.

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
6/7/14 9:55 p.m.

I just built a 70 mustang for almost nothing and it is damn fast. I am in. StubblyTie8 #28.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/8/14 5:23 p.m.

Tues nights. This week we will do informals races... Short laps many tracks. I will send invites to everyone right around 9pm. I will also keep this lobby public so people can just join in.

We will skip next week. I would like to kick off the series for real on June 25.

Send me friend requests if I missed you. Gerry_Axeman

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/10/14 8:27 a.m.

OK, race slicks I get, but Forza aero???? Seriously? you may as well add 'turbo glitch' too, jeez! shakin my head

I'll set up a Pontiac and maybe a Challenger for kicks, but Forza Aero, HELL NO! These cars don't need it!

I mean you have them in a low A class spec build with slicks. Aero is for little kids and people who drive cars without a man pedal

chrispy
chrispy Reader
6/10/14 9:06 a.m.

I haven't fooled with adjusting the aero, I think it dresses the cars up, makes 'em look the part. Could be I'm missing out on something. I do dislike the snorkle on the Cuda though - seems unnecessary on a road race car. Whatever. I'll be on tonight.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/10/14 12:05 p.m.

well redline, please tell us how you really feel!

I am not opposed to running these without aero... lets see how practice runs work and then I have no problem making a democratic decision.

tonight at 9pm!!!

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/10/14 12:10 p.m.

Javelin build specs updated.

Redline
Redline New Reader
6/10/14 8:10 p.m.
  1. Only 7 in tgrm. Sd455...but by the build spec it u s higher than 561
DES4
DES4 New Reader
6/11/14 4:50 a.m.
axeman_g wrote: well redline, please tell us how you really feel! I am not opposed to running these without aero... lets see how practice runs work and then I have no problem making a democratic decision. tonight at 9pm!!!

Sorry; last night was SCCA-CFR meeting night; hadn't been in a while, felt I needed to go... will make next test session. Pretty sure racerfink was at his respective meeting, as well.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
6/11/14 7:44 a.m.

Horrible storm blew in as we were about to get started. Got back on to practice and my concentration wasn't there. I'll be back on Thursday.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/11/14 4:05 p.m.

Light showing, some testing and some expectation levels were reset on my end. I did do some non-aero running. A good experience.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
6/11/14 5:58 p.m.

I rolled the car in that second session and backed out of the race. Then had some connection issues and ended up calling it a night. I need to practice a lot if I plan on being anywhere near the pack much less the front.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/13/14 7:35 p.m.
Redline wrote: OK, race slicks I get, but Forza aero???? Seriously? you may as well add 'turbo glitch' too, jeez! *shakin my head* I'll set up a Pontiac and maybe a Challenger for kicks, but Forza Aero, HELL NO! These cars don't need it! I mean you have them in a low A class spec build with slicks. Aero is for little kids and people who drive cars without a man pedal

So, ask yourself... did the 1970 Mustang SCCA Trans Am cars have front and rear spoilers or not? If this were still Forza 2 where everything gets a sissy tuner wing like Pirelli World Challenge cars, I would agree. But thankfully, FM4 got the era appropriate spoilers so might as well use them.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
6/13/14 7:43 p.m.
chrispy wrote: I haven't fooled with adjusting the aero, I think it dresses the cars up, makes 'em look the part. Could be I'm missing out on something. I do dislike the snorkle on the Cuda though - seems unnecessary on a road race car. Whatever. I'll be on tonight.

When I ran the series at TORA, I added the snorkle just to get the weight within 200 lbs of the minimum lobby weight. Personally, due to the weight, I was going to not include the car, but was pressed into it due to popularity of the car.

On a related note, the 1969 Camaro was not included due to it just not balancing well with the other cars. Its too light and too quick. Me thinks this series stretches the limits of FM4s PI balancing, but the end result does have very equalized cars, which is what every series on the planet aims for, and few succeed.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
6/15/14 7:09 a.m.

Keep building and testing. I will be out for a few days and will hopefully be back online come Thurs or Fri.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/22/14 7:10 p.m.

Two days. Are we gonna be running?

DES4
DES4 New Reader
6/22/14 7:56 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Two days. Are we gonna be running?

X2.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/24/14 2:21 p.m.

Bueller?

DES4
DES4 New Reader
6/24/14 8:01 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Bueller?

Yeah. Looks grim.

... and I have some time in my livery.

rodmankn3
rodmankn3 New Reader
6/24/14 10:11 p.m.

I'm in #89. Namer tag same as user name.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
6/25/14 6:04 p.m.

Some good racing last night. I'm gonna try to be on tonight to run some more practice.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BMYEXqSup3x6BwBy4WjgoDttFsFSkPxOWbnCOs4vuU04og3ImKZbRz9MSC1O8Q76