Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/14/16 7:32 p.m.

I took a handful of DVD's and a CD boxed set to trade in yesterday, see what I could get for them. While he was adding up $, I saw a copy of FH2 on the display by the register and said if we could make an even trade, I'd take that, not caring about the $20-30 I thought I might make. Having played Forza 6 since I got the XB1 in November, I had heard this had more offroad/rally stuff.

Just played for an hour, and glad I got 6 first, because this one doesn't thrill me as much. I love the fact that I can free-play any car (within reason) and any track in any weather whenever in 6. I paid the $ for the game, berkeleying let me play the game without unlocking crap.

I'm not digging the whole festival thing, and it seems really linear so far. Towards the end I did manage to quit a race and drive a little and seemed to end up finding a "bucket list" challenge, and I think another race opportunity. Is there any way to eventually just drive my car choice and go wherever I want? I saw a rally car in the intro scene (that seemed to last forever.)

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
2/14/16 11:33 p.m.

I liked the first Horizon, but I am one of the few. I thought it was how the NFS games should be instead of what they have become.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
2/14/16 11:41 p.m.

Not a big fan of the Horizon series. I think it's main purpose is to catch the guys who don't want the sim feeling that Forza has. I have nothing against it, but I'm just not the target audience.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/15/16 8:14 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

It feels too arcade-y. I was hoping for Forza 6 on city streets and dirt roads.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
2/15/16 8:19 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I liked the first Horizon, but I am one of the few. I thought it was how the NFS games should be instead of what they have become.

^^^This, just got the first for 360 (no thanks to no racing games worth a E36 M3 for PS4) and its fun but you can't go in to the horizon games thinking its a normal forza, still good fun though.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
2/15/16 10:34 a.m.

I don't mind the horizon series. Only thing that bugs me is I have to turn the difficulty all the way down for the cross country races, Otherwise I can't even make the top 3.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/15/16 1:15 p.m.
Jerry wrote: In reply to N Sperlo: It feels too arcade-y. I was hoping for Forza 6 on city streets and dirt roads.

It's about the Forza 2-3 physics IMHO, it isn't a bad game to screw around with, but the Horizon games ARE the arcade version of Forza Motorsports.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qTQxzB8pRpJV8KHHYSz6FZpxMT8uQb27ApAd8saEWgSZ0K0xbSDNMmCarBfXKBiN