1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
failboat
failboat UberDork
12/30/18 6:37 a.m.

Yeah I picked up forza 7 within a month of fh4 and i have barely played it.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/30/18 7:17 a.m.

In reply to Mike :

You'll get there. Then you'll be chasing the last 6-9 stars for seemingly ever. I still have 2 speed zones from horizon 3i haven't finished. I'm really glad they finally got rid of the championship thing though. Nothing like knowing every race location on the map has 4 races that need to be done to really bum you out. 

I've been going back to cleanup achievements on older Forzas, and honestly I'm a bit awestruck by how far the game has come. It's gotten progressively more difficult, yet simpler with every iteration. 

RevRico
12/30/18 9:35 p.m.

In regards to speed traps, well the gauntlet has been thrown. Myself and MNDSM tonight both entered the top 10% of every speed trap leaderboard, with several scores within the top 3000 players. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/31/18 1:33 p.m.

Its true. We spent most of the night chasing each other around the map taking scores away. Drift zones are next. Those are mine. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/1/19 4:54 p.m.

Driftingbros005? Anyone? Bueller?

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/1/19 5:20 p.m.

Im usually good after 8PM EST most nights. I kind of disappeared last night when baby woke up and had to be changed and fed.

Im all for drifting all the time. 

I try to avoid going to stupid levels with power or grip on my cars but if you're going to make it a battle for the drift zones then I guess I can pull out some bigger guns haha.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/1/19 8:38 p.m.

I'm awful at drifting. Spent a few hours working on it, and if I turn off all assists and use a car with good torque and a drift tune, I can kinda get it done. I have a Viper that I'm doing well enough with that I can 1-star most drift zones.

I seems like the drift zones are super sensitive to moving backwards. I've ruined a bunch of decent runs by spinning out and not fixing it without any backwards movement.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/1/19 9:37 p.m.

Nice running into you folks tonight in-game.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/1/19 10:40 p.m.
Mike said:

Nice running into you folks tonight in-game.

Feel free to hop in and say words to us. Generally its rico cussing me out or vice versa for some stolen drift zone. 

Also, I have figured out what happens when you turn off the traction control. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/1/19 10:41 p.m.
failboat said:

Im usually good after 8PM EST most nights. I kind of disappeared last night when baby woke up and had to be changed and fed.

Im all for drifting all the time. 

I try to avoid going to stupid levels with power or grip on my cars but if you're going to make it a battle for the drift zones then I guess I can pull out some bigger guns haha.

Big motor, stock tires, awd is generally my formula. May drop driftmero 2.0 back to a class to get some more sideways out of it. Rico's been hammering me with that stratos, I gotta bring the heat. 

RevRico
1/1/19 10:49 p.m.

I have made the stratos tune publicly available. I'm still fine tuning it, but it is a drift beast on pavement and dirt. There are a few zones it could break top 500 with a perfect line. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/3/19 5:38 a.m.

New toy to play with. I'm gonna go after your speed traps now.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/3/19 8:45 p.m.
Daylan C said:

New toy to play with. I'm gonna go after your speed traps now.

All I can say is- if skiggity was on top we haven't been there yet. 

RevRico
1/4/19 8:26 a.m.

Couple tips if you want your Hudson hornet this week...

Turbo bike motor, widebody kit, awd, 4.10 gears. Use the corners to steer, the 4.10s will let you walk away from everyone after a turn and stay there. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/4/19 9:28 a.m.

I did it the east way. Keep it d100. Stock motor, awd, full chassis, stage 1light, widest stock tires, wide body, rear aero, some engine. 

jde
jde HalfDork
1/4/19 5:37 p.m.

In reply to Mike :

I think the new events stop after you reach Level 10 in each discipline.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/4/19 5:39 p.m.

In reply to jde :

Oh cool, now I know who added me the other day. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
1/4/19 10:11 p.m.

It was a good day for old Fords. I got a Crown Vic from a wheel spin and scored a foxbody Cobra from the auction house.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/4/19 10:59 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

2 cars I've been hunting since I got the game and have had 0 luck. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/5/19 2:45 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

It was a good day for old Fords. I got a Crown Vic from a wheel spin and scored a foxbody Cobra from the auction house.

You lucky sob  

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/6/19 9:04 p.m.

Ive barely missed the 93 cobra about 5 times on wheelspins.  One of my friend wheelspinned one and got 2 cheap off the auction house and sold one to me. I have only seen the p71 once on a wheel spin and never again. Ive never caught either on the auction house.

I got lucky and got a 73 trans am off the auction house for 35k buyout. I'm currently on the hunt for the 79 Camaro, I havent even seen that on a wheel spin yet. Seen 2 auctioning this weekend 20m buyout

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
1/6/19 9:55 p.m.

In reply to failboat :

I'll cut you a great deal at 10mil on mine if they want 20mil.

failboat
failboat UberDork
1/7/19 4:04 a.m.

Haha I'll wait till I win one or find a bargain

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/9/19 1:54 p.m.

I made the mistake of telling Rico how to fix his car,  now it drifts good. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/9/19 10:17 p.m.

I made a really ugly miata. I need to figure out how to tune it- the wheelbase is nice and short. Much smaller than My usual trash. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JyZm8ZZppPGMDkXMoOVOPKOWP27ccTrZHDpaIyfUUT68zJllAxOQqOuCRFcjv5jZ