1 ... 36 37 38
Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
12/24/14 11:13 p.m.

In reply to Advan046:

That was a tough challenge with the weather and tire wear. You were absolutely right about going off line. I went in the weeds several times.

The passing challenges were cool too. More exciting than the normal lap time seasonals and more difficult.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
12/24/14 11:34 p.m.

There's a Vision car out again. Limited time deal from what I read. Mazda LM car.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/28/14 12:36 a.m.

Ran seasonals tonight. They were fun. Not as fun as the last set was for me.

The biggest highlight this week was the new Mazda LM vision car. Turned off ABS and it became a dream to drive! Rotates into corners with great precision. Very fun sliding into the corkscrew.

The wet race at Suzuka was easy with the Celica. May try some other cars though.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
12/28/14 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Advan046:

I used the FTO for the Suzuka challenge. It's down on PP, but the AWD makes for easy overtaking on corner exits. Plus if you get off line and slide off track, just stand on the fun pedal and steer where you want to go.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
12/28/14 12:08 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon:

Yeah I thought about using the Evo 8 or 9 Touring car and seeing if I could make it without using IM or Wet tires! But probably not.

My Viper just isn't up to the task. The GT3 Nismo seemed OK but I didn't feel like tuning it to be less twitchy

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
12/28/14 1:33 p.m.

Same way I felt about my celica. It's set up to be a bit twitchy on race tires, and its damn near impossible in the wet. I just didn't feel like retuning it so I bailed and grabbed the FTO.

1 ... 36 37 38
Our Preferred Partners
XuINiOX92mQ7hTKSFfpQ2aEkFMkLBuEt3mfNjE3ycowXGq6PD3tT9444blybkQPL