1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38
AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
12/7/13 3:59 a.m.

No one talking about the 25 free cars witb the 15th aniv. paint schemes? Or the freepaint chips? Or the new avatars for your PSN account?? The Shelby Datona and Boss 302 were part of it!

failboat
failboat SuperDork
12/7/13 5:50 a.m.

Wow I might have to go hit the local gamestop and buy the game to get the day 1 bonuses. And return a copy if its under the tree a few weeks from now.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
12/7/13 6:54 a.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Probably the Yearone car. Either way it's still going to be the best car in the game.

Edit: And I'm surprised given your almost encyclopedic knowledge of everything that you believe a Fairmont was in SATB. Son, I am disappoint.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/7/13 10:45 a.m.

Yeah, I am not really up on 70's luxo-barges. I was just going for the generic 70-80's movie cop car.

Really, how hard would it be to get away from this?

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/7/13 11:12 a.m.
aircooled wrote: - Tires are much more progressive and WAY louder then GT5, which is nice for hearing what you are doing. - The games drives VERY different then GT5 with all aids of and steering set to Simulation with a wheel. Steering is much heavier, more feedback. Oversteer is far easier to get. Cars will tend to get away from you a lot easier, spins are a lot harder to stop. - I drive mid and rear engined cars in GT all the time, and I could not get the MR2 around a lap in 3 or 4 tries. The Europa, despite being a MR car clearly drives differently.

First one is good, second two worry me. That was my biggest gripe in GT5: the Europa, for instance, was a blast to drive, but once you started to lose it even the slightest bit, there was no catching it. It was coming around.

And once you spun it once, the back tires wnt into that weird instant-overheat mode that GT5 has, so you were going to spin again on the next turn, or else you wre going to get lapped while you waited for them to cool off so you could drive again.

Please tell me that's not in GT6.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/7/13 11:29 a.m.

Well, so far, with my limited experience the MR cars are pretty harsh spin wise. Pretty much instant "you are facing the other direction" kind of thing. Reminded me a bit of Enthusia actually (which was really harsh). I have a particular interest in these cars, so I will experiment more and get back to you. I expect it will be more about a learning curve, but I enjoy the challenge. I expect paying more attention to the sound of the tires is key. (I want to get a RUF and see how harsh those are!).

Rufledt is probably not having as big of an issue, but he's a bit of an anomaly GT wise (he has historically kicked butt in the GRM GT league)

I did not notice any of the tire issues you mention though.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/7/13 11:32 a.m.

They do overheat when you spin, and I second the "harder to recover" point. I kinda like it, it's more of a challenge. I used to get bored during races and drift in a 787B on race tires, I'm pretty sure that's not very realistic. I also like the new tire sounds, it SOUNDS like a front drive car understeering, or wheel hop, and so on, not just generic squealing.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/7/13 12:22 p.m.

1st to a million credits! am I? am I?

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/7/13 12:40 p.m.

Now the lack of difficulty on licence tests/goodwood is getting boring. It seems the 'difficulty' with the goodwood challenges is just keeping the car on the road and not hitting anything. when I cross the line, it's a gold. Same for most of the licence tests. I know the GT5 challenges could get really tough, but this is way too far in the other direction.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/7/13 3:03 p.m.

^Try it with a controller before you complain about it being easy.

Someone should tell the Japanese that the AAR Cuda was available with a 4 speed manual, so they didn't need to give it a 3 spd.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/7/13 3:53 p.m.
Grizz wrote: ^Try it with a controller before you complain about it being easy. Someone should tell the Japanese that the AAR Cuda was available with a 4 speed manual, so they didn't need to give it a 3 spd.

blame it on the tires like you always do!

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/7/13 3:56 p.m.

In reply to Hoop:

Some of those cars are stupid. Lancia Stratos? Gold, easily. Aston Martin One-77? What are brakes, I love grass.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/7/13 4:06 p.m.
Grizz wrote: ^Try it with a controller before you complain about it being easy. Someone should tell the Japanese that the AAR Cuda was available with a 4 speed manual, so they didn't need to give it a 3 spd.

You're right, I tried it with a controller and I was a full half second slower at goodwood. plus the feeling of the game is so different, I'd say the wheel is worth the cost. I was able to recover from slides MUCH easier with a controller, though.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/7/13 4:13 p.m.

I've adapted pretty well to the controller. I got all golds at Goodwood, and am in love with the XNR.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/7/13 4:13 p.m.

I'm working on the last three now. I like da XNR

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/7/13 4:19 p.m.

The One-77 was definitely the toughest; those brakes leave much to be desired.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
12/7/13 4:21 p.m.

Also, anyone else put a sports exhaust on the Trans-Am? I did, and not only does it look ridiculous, but it also sounds like an Integra. Same goes with the C7 Vette.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/7/13 4:24 p.m.

SRT8 Charger sounds like Anus with a sports or racing.

The El Camino gets sidepipes with a racing exhaust, but the clash with the cap some.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
12/7/13 4:33 p.m.

Can you tune the suspension by looking at tire temps in GT6?

Tuning cars in the past was always a bastard because I felt like I was just blind guessing - especially since the setups were so far from reality. Forza was the same way, but the tire temps were more useful.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/7/13 4:37 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: You're right, I tried it with a controller and I was a full half second slower at goodwood. plus the feeling of the game is so different, I'd say the wheel is worth the cost. I was able to recover from slides MUCH easier with a controller, though.

I've found the same thing. I can bang out laps much more quickly with my Fanatec wheel, but I have a much harder time recovering from slides when I make an error. I think the small diameter of the wheel combined with the comparatively large range of motion and force feedback contributes to the issue. Slowly getting the hang of it though.

BTW, the oil change trick on new cars still totally works

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
12/7/13 4:40 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

Can't you change the lock to lock ratio on the fanatecs? My old Logitech wheel has a 200° mode that is the tits and makes it easy to catch slides.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/7/13 4:44 p.m.

I'm going to come out and call it right now, but the X1 is an even bigger pile of E36 M3 now.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/7/13 5:02 p.m.

btw if there's anybody here i'm not friends with on PSN my name is chimpwithwheels

Anybody try the online friends lobbies yet? I liked the way it was on GT5 better but maybe I just do know how it works here, I never read the manual.

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/7/13 5:11 p.m.

Ok I started a friends only room to practice streets of willow, if anyone wants to join feel free.

Edit: room closed, but we should do this occasionally, get some practice time in etc...

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/7/13 5:42 p.m.

I tried the controller, and I agree, it's different.

Nick: The TransAm is stock, and available in a LOT of colors. You can even do a Rockford version. They are only 30,000CR so you can probably switch over to one pretty quick when you start the game, then upgrade as needed.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WvAv2t2Zh1WVeP72CPjgr9IgbrOh6wucIgxXV3kEVjbEPxhHBnJF1lBF0JEZ0ssj