dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/19 3:37 p.m.

I picked up a copy this weekend.  It was really cheep. Like $15 cheep from the used rack at the local store.   After playing PC2 for more than a year now I was expecting it to be completely horrible but it was not.  In many ways it was like sitting down with an old friend.  I probably had a thousands of hours of time in to the last couple of GT games so the feel of this game was very familiar.   

I am still grinding my way through things to earn in game $$$$ and so I can get on line but I ran a couple test races with the AI and it was fun.  The handling and tire model seems to be much better than people were saying when it came out.  You can actually catch cars that are sliding reasonably well and the grip levels both on track and in the grass are very workable.

There is definitely allot more of an "arcade" feeling to this but in the end it is about having fun and I enjoyed it allot.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/19 5:50 p.m.

Once you get online, in the daily races, the tuning is severely limited.  The best you can do is turn down the ABS and move the brakes back and most are still plow pigs.  Game looks great, but could use some more real tracks.  The car count continues to rise though.

Once you purchase the new 911 (not sure exact model), let me know, and I will point you to the skin I made that will make you a hit in a room if Spool is in it. devil

I also created a GRM logo / sticker that you can apply to your cars.  You should be able to search for it ("GRM"), let me know if you can't find it. (see door and rear bumper stickers below)

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/9/19 5:54 p.m.

Has it improved much since release? I actually cancelled my preorder after playing the demo I was so unimpressed.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/19 6:36 p.m.

I don't know if they changed the driving model much.  There are a lot more cars and a few more tracks now.  You still need to grind to afford cars though... argh.

I honestly don't play it much.  As Dean said, it's certainly not much different the the old GT, just more basic tuning.

If it's down to $15.  I would say that is pretty much worth it just as a car paint and picture options (especially if you own one of the cars in the game).

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
9/9/19 7:32 p.m.

I played it a bit before I got a wheel. The grinding gets old. Being able to make and download liveries is good. Can you make your own online lobby or do you just have to do whatever daily races there are?

Graphics look nice, but the few times I’ve played it with a wheel it felt strange. It seems more of a game for a controller, but I haven’t really gave it enough time to know for sure. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/19 7:50 p.m.

You can do custom lobbies like old GT I am sure.  I have not done them , but Spool (used to?) run rooms with his buddies.

If you guys want to mess around with it, I am good.  Heck I would do just to make offensive liveries (don’t turn me in)  devil

dean1484
9/9/19 8:07 p.m.

In reply to aircooled : I am not sure we should have kids around with your livery’s  the GRM one you did looks really cool!!!  

In terms of grinding I assume I just need to keep doing the lessons?  I clicked off about 2/3 of them last night.  I really did not read anything about the game.  I just installed it an started messing with it.  

I found a setting for my wheel that ups the responsiveness of the wheel  that really helped with the playability using the wheel.  The default setting is way to low a ratio.  You can not catch a car sliding with a wheel in the default settings  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/19 10:38 p.m.

Log in every day if you can, you get a daily bonus. You can do the tracks to open those up and get cash also.

There used to be some grinding cheats, but I think they are gone (search the inter webs).  One used to be racing a Miata vs LM prototype cars, with limited fuel, around the ring.  They would run out of gas.  They added a hybrid prototype which can make the distance, so if one of those shows, you can’t get first.

dean1484
9/11/19 3:49 p.m.

Been logging in every day just to get the bonus up but I have not had the time to actually race.

I can now get on line as I sat through the sportsman vids.

_
_ HalfDork
10/20/19 5:29 p.m.

The game has vastly improved since launch. I HATED this game when I bought it. Now I'm on every night in the daily hopper. The ND at Tsukuba is the jam. I'm also dominating the Tokyo expressway. The penalty system is loads better now. And for the most part has gotten rid of the shiny happy people. 

_
_ HalfDork
10/20/19 5:31 p.m.
aircooled said:

Log in every day if you can, you get a daily bonus. You can do the tracks to open those up and get cash also.

There used to be some grinding cheats, but I think they are gone (search the inter webs).  One used to be racing a Miata vs LM prototype cars, with limited fuel, around the ring.  They would run out of gas.  They added a hybrid prototype which can make the distance, so if one of those shows, you can’t get first.

Not sure why you would want to grind. I have plenty of cash just from online racing. I don't have EVERY car yet, but I'll will soon. The biggest BS that needs fixed right now is the daily bonus car giveaway. essentially you just get the same cars and rarely, if ever, get a new one. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/20/19 5:33 p.m.

That was the nice thing about the previous GT before this one came out.  It was old enough that all the a-holes were gone and almost all the drivers we meet were pretty cool.

_
_ HalfDork
10/20/19 6:22 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

It's getting there on this one. But it's just like iracing. Stay at the back, race clean and smooth and no contact. Get your Sportsman rank up to at least B, and then try. The worst scum bags are in C. They are the ones that have the ability to drive clean, but would rather wreck people to "win at all costs", instead of improving themselves. Rank D and E are just kids and trolls. 

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
10/21/19 11:33 a.m.

I briefly had a PS4 and got GT Sport, I may even get another to race again. I like the handling more than Forza except the cars seem to have TOO much grip. The online racing from the few experiences I had was pretty good for a console game.

_
_ Dork
10/21/19 9:55 p.m.

In reply to simontibbett :

My experience was opposite. Forza felt like the cars were on tires made of cheese. Gran turismo feels like real life, like the car is actually gripping

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UqHlgXQvOXaQIWRBtqB7Ez7ienmevB5QwylqGsUbDaTnD6y4gjM46WNKzJsCRkjy