1 ... 57 58 59 60
dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/7/14 7:59 p.m.

Going to be on gt5 aroung 9:30 tonight to do some testing

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 12:14 a.m.

Intresting testing. I am only 5 seconds slower in the rgt than the best time in the gtr and only 2 seconds slower than my race pace average. The thing is the gtr feels much faster and the rgt feels much slower.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 8:37 a.m.

Testing last night and then running a mock 20 lap race with Argo last night and learned a lot. Shaved almost a full minute off my total 20 lap race time!!!! AND 15 lieters of fuel usage!!!!

Other things I learned.

You can get 10 laps on RM tires

You can get 11 laps on RH and you can get 11 laps on Fuel

I did not test this but this means a 2 stop on RS should be possible

I am looking forward to tonight's GTR race!!!. I also needed to "adjust" to GT5 last night. I had not been driving it since before the weekend and had been running GT6. The first 3-4 laps on GT5 in the GTR were a crash fest until I relearned the handling physics of the game. The biggest thing is you have to brake earlier than you do in GT6

One other thing PLEASE be aware THAT I BRAKE EARLY. Particular areas are: (in the GTR)

Going in to T1 I start braking at or a little before the 2nd bridge and then roll to the apex.

Going up the hill I brake at or a little before the big tree on the left side (this is the apex of T2)

Coming through the tunnel I brake at the 2nd to last marker up in the wall in the left.

And finally on the downhill I brake at the 2nd to last shadow from the trees that comes across the track. (there are at least three of them there that age good brake point reference points.)

During testing after last weeks race in the RGT I was getting hit from behind with people saying tha they were not expecting me to brake. I really don't want this to happen to me in the GTR.

The RGT at this track is a hoot the "back section" leading up to the tunnel is so much fun if you get it rite is one series of corners that you slide through up to the last corner before the bridge that you have to hall the car down to 2nd gear. I am still working on the last two corners after the downhill. I feel like I am leaving a couple 10th at lease on the track there. But I don't want to end up in the sand trap.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/8/14 9:02 a.m.

Dean, we have the same brake points, except I brake inbetween the 2 trees you talk of.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 9:03 a.m.

Crank it up to 11 rip the knob off and get pumped for tonight everyone!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b6CbWDmE9k

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 9:04 a.m.
onebadrsx05 wrote: Dean, we have the same brake points, except I brake inbetween the 2 trees you talk of.

If I do that I use to much tire in the corner.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/8/14 9:14 a.m.

Tires are not an issue here lol. Fuel runs out before tire does. When I tested the race I ran out of fuel in the back half of the lap (10). So I dont know if I was spinning too much and wasting gas or what the deal was. Guess my idea of 3 stops is a wash with the ability to go 11 laps with RH's.

Oh and I am terrible at adding fuel that I need lol

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 10:48 a.m.

I actually have a pad of paper I keep next to my wheel that I keep notes on about all my testing. I have it for every track we have run in this series. Come race day I usually have a plan in place but if I don't I can look at the notes and make one up. the other really handy thing to figure out is your liters per lap. Thus if you have to make an unscheduled pit stop you con do quick math and figure out how much fuel to add.

I think I have figured out What Air is doing. It is if you save the tires you will save fuel. This is done by driving smooth. The side effect of smooth driving is fast times. I am actually running faster lap times by driving to save fuel and my tires are lasting longer.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/8/14 10:58 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: ...I am actually running faster lap times by driving to save fuel and my tires are lasting longer.

Weird, isn't it

Thankfully, you have not figured out my little scheme until the last race... when of course... it is too late...

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/8/14 11:07 a.m.

FINAL RACE people!!!

Here is a points / drop table for the final race. Points are adjusted for drops (only 3 in each series). I highlighted some of the crossover points. The table does NOT reflect bonus points for Pole, Fast Lap or Shunt.

As an example, in RGT, the best Spool could do would be a tie for first, if I finished 6th or worse, and he finished first. Now, assuming he gets fast lap and Pole, that adds 4 points, which mean I would then need to finish 3rd or less, which makes it a bit intersting!

In GTR, lets say Dean really gets his sh*t together and finishes first and also gets Pole and Fast Lap. That would mean if Derve finished 3rd it would be a tie, 4th and it's a win! If Derve wins, it's almost a lock (assuming I don't get Pole and Fast Lap awards).

So, pretty interesting. Pole and Fast Lap will play a big role here!

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/8/14 12:31 p.m.

And what about the Shunt award!?!?

Someone got shunted and came back to win, or podium, cant remember.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
1/8/14 12:34 p.m.

Well, since I have no chance to improve my final standings, I will offer my services as blocker/ pit maneuver for RGT. I offer this in trade for someone taking Spool out in GTR since he is just one point behind me an not carrying full handicap.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/8/14 12:37 p.m.
onebadrsx05 wrote: And what about the Shunt award!?!? Someone got shunted and came back to win, or podium, cant remember.

Considering your "issues" lately, I suspect you will be determining who wins that. Generally, it is very unlikely a the Shunt winner will win. The whole point of the award is to try and make up for the points they loose because of the shunt.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/8/14 12:44 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
onebadrsx05 wrote: And what about the Shunt award!?!? Someone got shunted and came back to win, or podium, cant remember.

Considering your "issues" lately, I suspect you will be determining who wins that. Generally, it is very unlikely a the Shunt winner will win. The whole point of the award is to try and make up for the points they loose because of the shunt.

I can be paid to make it happen on accident...

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 1:03 p.m.

I shunted my self and came back to win I think at GVR

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 1:07 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
dean1484 wrote: ...I am actually running faster lap times by driving to save fuel and my tires are lasting longer.

Weird, isn't it

Thankfully, you have not figured out my little scheme until the last race... when of course... it is too late...

Didn't your learn to share as a kid?

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 1:10 p.m.

I need someone to "help" apexcarver in RGT. He is rite on my heals in the standings.

By the way how did I end up in 4th in RGT? I mean I have hated that car from the get go. It has only been the last 3-4 races that I have kind of figured out how to drive it and even then I don't remember my finishes being that good

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/8/14 2:09 p.m.

With Dave and Air both having a HC I at least have a chance at making this race close. The other spoiler is Spool.

I am really torn about what to do on the start. Part of me wants to "go for it" and try to beat everyone to T1. Another part of me worries that some one is going to miss the brake point and I get the big punt. If I hang back at the start then I have to rely on my strategy and consistency to get me the win and since I am running reasonable lap times even with fuel and tire savings mode in place I could get held up or worse used more tire and fuel trying to pass some one and that would then hurt my strategy.

Hummmmmmmmmmm

This should be really fun as long as we can all get through T1 on the start.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/8/14 3:49 p.m.

What lap times you seeing Dean? I havent tried since I posted my 1.02 laps on RH's

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/8/14 11:12 p.m.

Results are in:

and Standings:

Doh! Double dink for me! Stupid Spool squeaked by again!! Dave was expected in GTR, but Dean (after putting in an intense effort) managed 2nd, also squeaky by me!

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/9/14 7:11 a.m.

Wow Two points between us air. That was close.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/9/14 7:54 a.m.

This was a great series. The RGT was good fun, and the GTR was very challenging. I hope the fun continues for gt6.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
1/9/14 8:49 a.m.

Had a ball last night. My pre-race practice with Argo in the GTR certainly helped.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/9/14 9:25 a.m.

I ran out of fuel on my GTR race...... again

It seems like strategy is not my strong suit. Hell I was 2 laps down when Spool crossed the line for the win.

RGT was an interesting race. I had 3rd for a bit, Dean caught me in almost all the tight sections but I would pull away in some others. He finally capitalized on one of my brain farts and ended up bumping me off and passing, but it was alright I was going that way anyway. So then me and Air got into a duel, he like Dean caught me in most sections and I pulled away in a few, so I finally just let him by and began to race with him. We pretty much were nose to tail a few laps then I had another brain fart or something and it didnt end well for me. Moral of the story is, I am terrible at the virtual racing game stuff.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
1/9/14 10:03 a.m.

Good racing last night. That was the first time I tried a RH strategy in GTR and I got friggin lapped by Spool. Not my best choice but then I was just trying to stay out of the way. I didn't accomplish that very well as I got loose into turn one on lap two and tapped Air. Not my best moment, sorry Air.

RGT was a lot of fun. I got up behind Spool and wasn't sure that I should "engage" him since I knew that he was running for points. After two laps following behind him, I felt that I could get by cleanly so I went for it. We swapped back and forth several times, all clean with no contact. He had me for second as he drafted by at the start of the last lap. My only hope was to stay close enough to maybe draft back by before the finish line. Then Spool decided to mow some grass before the tunnel and let me slip through. All good racing.

Looking forward to GT6. I ran the Z06 (C6) LM Race Car 2006 at Spa in stock trim. What a fun car. Rotates into the corners nicely. Requires finesse with the throttle on exit. Very fast. Ran a 2:15.3 Feels like the RGT on steroids. Would make a fun "stock" series. The car can be painted and numbered to your preference. Give it a try.

1 ... 57 58 59 60
Our Preferred Partners
WGvNoqNsuGqCfRoJnOMrzIuFjIPklExXXu7CUM95Qk97HczNAI0athnK5zEiSINB