1 2 3 4 5 ... 123
Argo1
Argo1 Dork
1/12/14 1:21 p.m.

In reply to aircooled: That's the same old double dip handicap with a different points spread. You need to have the opportunity lose your handicap without having to finish in the bottom half of the field. Not in favor of that.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/12/14 1:28 p.m.

The only thing that I wanted changed in the hc system is if you finish 2nd in the first race and then 2nd again with the hc your hc should remain the same. Not go up to the equivekent of a 1st place finish.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/12/14 1:49 p.m.

Make the handicaps a one race penalty. Like 1st gets 100kg, second gets 50kg, but it only stays for one race, instead of 2 races like before.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
1/12/14 3:08 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon: ^That

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/12/14 6:44 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Make the handicaps a one race penalty. Like 1st gets 100kg, second gets 50kg, but it only stays for one race, instead of 2 races like before.

OK, we can do that. That is what Dean had suggested a while ago. It will reduce a bit of the "fear" of finishing first or second.

It does mean that we will need two steps of penalty though, and pretty much eliminates using tires as a HC (two steps is pretty oppressive). PP and weight will have to be it.

I think it would be very cool if they could add the ability to start delay drivers. That could make for some interesting races (a bunch of cars of wildly different speeds, all counter balanced by a start delay, the finish would be epic).

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
1/12/14 7:20 p.m.

...and when you take the green flag the prior race handicap is satisfied and it's a clean slate with handicaps based only on the finish of the current race.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/12/14 11:13 p.m.
Argo1 wrote: ...and when you take the green flag the prior race handicap is satisfied and it's a clean slate with handicaps based only on the finish of the current race.

THIS!!!!!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
1/13/14 8:01 a.m.

Got sucked in the sky rim last night (made it to level 16!!!!) so no gt6 testing got done. Tonight will be a testing night for GT6 if anyone wants to joint in. I will continue work on Euro 550 cars. I also need to get some cars set up for this Wednesdays race.

Ohya are we going to have voice chat in effect for the testing? I happen to really like it (as I have said in the past)

failboat
failboat SuperDork
1/13/14 9:17 a.m.

I can try to join in on some testing tonight. I dont have a bluetooth mic yet.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/13/14 12:08 p.m.

Can we make an award for the most Last place finishes?!?!? Id totally win that one.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/13/14 12:19 p.m.

I did get a quick test in on the Muscle cars with unlimited tune to 500pp (SS tires).

They are a few seconds quicker and far more manageable. They loose a bit of the power oversteer, but you can still get it. I tested the Z28, the 71 Mustang and the Superbird. The z28 and Mustang were pretty close, the Superbird is still a few seconds off.

There does not appear to be any meaningful downforce mods available (except the generally unneeded rear wings). I did notice though that they have added back a bit of the "rear bias = more pp" adjustments (which was added then removed from GT5). It's not big, but it's there.

I also think it would be nice to add the No Duplicate Cars rule that Dean was talking about for Euro Trash. Depending on how many we get, we of course can go with No More Then Two. Keep the diversity up since there is a pretty good variation available.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/13/14 12:22 p.m.

I have my cars in mind for the Eurotrash, I hope they can make the PP level tho. Havent maxed out modifying them just yet

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
1/13/14 7:36 p.m.

It should be possible to have the no duplicate car rule. There are lots of choices. I've just been testing the fringes with odd stuff but have still found three cars that will run in the 2:02-03 range. Should have plenty of variety, though some of the manufacturers may take exception to Dean's "trash" wording...

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/14/14 7:25 a.m.

According to GTplanet, there is a download today that fixes several things. One being the handling characteristics of MR cars.....

failboat
failboat SuperDork
1/14/14 7:53 a.m.

also the tire width glitch when installing aftermarket wheels is apparently fixed. I didnt really have an issue with the MR cars handling, some were more twitchy than others though.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/14/14 9:14 a.m.

I noticed in my NSX racecar, that anytime I touched a curbing it would put me into a slide that most likely ended in me facing a wall.

I was wondering when the Red Bull Challenge would finally update, assuming its included... says when you go to it Coming Jan 1st 2014!!

Looks like I need to get in on these Seasonal events... payouts look decent and I should be able to build my garage with them.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
1/14/14 1:10 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: According to GTplanet, there is a download today that fixes several things. One being the handling characteristics of MR cars.....

Sure, just as I get the Elise manageable at 550pp

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
1/14/14 1:46 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: According to GTplanet, there is a download today that fixes several things. One being the handling characteristics of MR cars.....

Anyone else having trouble getting the update? Every time I try my PS3 reboots?

failboat
failboat SuperDork
1/14/14 2:01 p.m.

Brad is this what is happening to you? (supposed fix in the link) http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/important-fix-for-triple-beep-while-updating.297150/

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
1/14/14 2:25 p.m.

That was actually the issue. I wasn't hitting ok fast enough... clearly user error.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
1/14/14 3:18 p.m.

"fix" the MR cars? I hope not. (initial reports are that they did not)

MR cars can be a handful until you get used to them, but they are in no way unrealistic or "broken". Comparing GT6 to Enthusia (known for having a super accurate driving model), GT6 is still NO where near as hard with MR cars.

I was hoping for some more substantial changes (maybe at least some lobby enhancements)... oh well... (taps foot for track editor)

I think I will leave the last track of this season open for a while in the HOPES of getting the track editor before then end of the season.

I do like that they have added back the dynamic PP update though. Adjusting cars to the right PP was pretty silly otherwise.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
1/14/14 4:23 p.m.

I had to guess what engine limiter I had to run to get to a certain PP level, then it was alot of left x, x left x, or vice versa to get to that PP level with the most power possible. It was quite the pain.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/14/14 5:43 p.m.

The MR cars are annoyingly twitchy to me. I've only driven one MR car in real life (a rare second gen lightweight MR-2 turbo on Hoosiers) and it wasn't bad at all. Of course the tires could have had a lot to do with it. Even with a lot of tuning to calm down the MR cars, they're still quite a handful at the limit.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
1/14/14 6:06 p.m.

FWIW using the GT planet fix for the download required that I log in with a gamepad as it takes more than 2 seconds for my wheel to reset and the buttons to activate. YMMV

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
1/14/14 7:34 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: The MR cars are annoyingly twitchy to me. I've only driven one MR car in real life (a rare second gen lightweight MR-2 turbo on Hoosiers) and it wasn't bad at all. Of course the tires could have had a lot to do with it. Even with a lot of tuning to calm down the MR cars, they're still quite a handful at the limit.

I've autocrossed a modified mid 90's MR2 turbo on all seasons and it wasn't anywhere near as touchy. Autocrossed an Elise on Rivals, also not twitchy.

They're trying to drive me away from my favorite car!

I did drive a BTR on SH tires last night and it was pretty good. Not nearly as touchy as the MR cars even on stickier rubber.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 123
Our Preferred Partners
Xju3fuXx916hzQEIsquy8w5as4Ui6WiSBulMZF9NCV8Ua0HNeVL9eSboe9ooEysl