1 2 3 ... 23
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/17 12:47 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Gran Turismo 6 racing League - Series 11

This is a championship series based on the cars and spirit of the Grassroots Motorsports (and what is available in GT6). Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged.

This league will consist of 10 races with 2 classes run weekly on Wednesday and an open practice / recruiting day on Sunday.

STANDINGS
starting 1/11

• Car must cost 50,000 or less to purchase.
  • No added Aero
  • Car has to be Japanese from the 1980's with the following caveat: There may a couple of cars that are in the 70's that were available in the 80's but this is a case by case that will need review. One that comes to mind is the 240z. No it was not made in the 80's but the 280z was. There for we can consider it.
  • All cars must be front engine rear drive (FR)
  • Tuning allowed with the %90 max allowed on the power limiter.
  • Max PP is 430
  • No NOS
  • All cars will be run on SM tires

Potential Cars (not a comprehensive list, there may be more)

• 353pp Mazda MX-5 (NA) 1989 $17,000
  • 353pp Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) 1989 $17,000
  • 358pp Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) 1989 $17,000
  • 359pp Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) 1983 $15,360
  • 359pp Nissan SILVIA Q's (S13) 1988 $15,560
  • 360pp Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) 1983 $15,360
  • 377pp Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo 1983 $26,790
  • 389pp Mazda RX-7 GT-Limited (FC, J) 1985 $16,900
  • 389pp Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) 1985 $16,900
  • 392pp Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) 1988 $18,860
  • 398pp Nissan SKYLINE HT 2000 Turbo RS (R30) 1983 $25,180
  • 400pp Nissan SKYLINE HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) 1984 $27,750
  • 400pp Nissan SKYLINE GTS-R (R31) 1987 $34,000
  • 409pp Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) 1989 $23,850
  • 414pp Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) 1983 $32,000
  • 429pp Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A 1988 $40,510
  • 439pp Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) 1989 $39,500
  • 440pp Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) 1989 $39,500

Special Rules:

• The winner of a race will not be allowed to drive that make and model of car in future races
  • A special points bonus will be paid for 1st place.
  • PP HC rules apply
  • Duplicate car rules apply: Only two of each particular model are allowed each race after any challenges (this will allow multiple Skylines, but winning in a Skyline will exclude all Skylines for that driver)

• Jaguar E-Type Coupe only
  • 480 PP
  • SS Tires
  • Full tuning
  • 90% Power Limiter minimum
  • No aero, wings or nitrous

Deans suggested base tune:

Suspension

• ride hight 85 88
  • Springs 9.81 7.02
  • dampers and roll bars are all set at 3 5
  • camber .01 .01
  • toe -.08 .20
  • brakes 3 5

Drive train

• rear dif 12 28 15

Power

• limiter set to 98.5.
  • Sports computer.
  • semi racing exhaust.
  • isometric exaust manifold.
  • intake tuning.

Body

• Add 54 kg ballast at 0 position.
  • full weight reduction. carbon hood. and window weight reduction.

This nets you 480pp, 336hp, 1075kg, weight at 58/42, 313ftlbs

Special Rules:

• PP HC rules apply
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/17 12:51 p.m.

To help equalize cars and/or drivers, cars will be handicapped based on finish position. Handicapping is detailed below. Unless otherwise noted, HC's are cumulative.

• First = - 2pp
  • Last or second to last = +5pp

• Finishing 4th place or lower = removal of negative HC.

• Finishing in first = removal of 10pp of positive HC
  • Finishing 1-3 = removal of 5pp of positive HC

HC levels will be tracked on the Standing board above.

Points (JSC Points):

• 1st - 16 (17) points
  • 2nd - 14 (13) points
  • 3rd - 12 points
  • 4th - 11 points
  • 5th - 10 points
  • 6th - 9 points
  • 7th - 8 points
  • 8th - 7 points
  • 9th - 6 points
  • 10th - 5 points
  • 11th - 4 points
  • 12th - 3 points
  • 13th - 2 points
  • 14th - 1 points

• Two extra points for the biggest shunt victim (if applicable). A shunt can be any situation that hurts a drivers race of no fault of their own (e.g. being disconnetec could count). Priorty for points are given to those in a higher ranking points race then higher potential finishing postion, Voted by participants if needed.

Points for the championship will consist of your 8 highest scores (you will drop your lowest scoring race). With this, missing a race won't eliminate your chances. First tie breaker is total 1st place finishes. Second tie breaker is ROC/Challenge race.

Starting and Restarts

If major glitching, drops or a large series of collisions (CF) occur at the start or within a few turns of the start anyone witnessing a significant enough of an event should type RESTART in the message window and a restart will be initiated.

In the event of a restart:

• All participants will exit the track
  • Once everyone has left the track and instructed to, re-enter the track
  • Line up on the track in the original starting order (as best can be re-created) with special emphasis on the top 3 cars.
  • Wait for the race countdown and do not change your order.

Rolling start: The lead qualifying will be responsible for pacing the pack at 80 mph to a designated point (probably the last turn before a back straight) at which point the race starts (in the case of a restart, the starting point will be much closer to the start line).

There is NO passing until that point, and previous to the start point cars will attempt to get into the original start order. If another major glitching incident occurs with the re-start, the glitching car will be asked to start at the back and stay clear of cars for the first few turns. Ultimately a glitching car may be asked to leave, which will be avoided if at all possible.

Rules: (Repeated violations / complaints will result in a DQ.)

• Qualifying: A 10-15 min qualifying session will be held before each race. A one lap "reset race" will be run before the first race qualifying to clear/reset the qualifying times.

• You must start the race on the tires that you qualify on. (The Spool rule)

• All driving aids are off (TCS, Driving line, etc), except ABS

• Damage is set to Low, draft to High, edge setting is Real, penalty is set to

Off.

• Racing etiquette applies (e.g. it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to ensure a clean pass). Keep the racing clean.

• Passing Consideration: No passing under braking. Make certain you have a clear position on a car (beside the car) BEFORE a corner if you plan to pass in a corner. In such a case both cars are required to provide driving room in the corner (punting rule does apply). See below for examples.

• Braking consideration. In order to avoid rear-ending others during braking, please either take a different line from the car you are following or fade brake as shown below:

• Corner Cutting: Maintain two wheels on the track (not curbs) at all times. Cutting is allowed to avoid hitting other cars (do not improve your position)

• Punting Courtesy Rule: The following driver is responsible for not making contact with the car in front. If you push someone else off of the track you are required to wait for them to return to the track and allow them to stay in front of you for at least one turn. This rule also applies if you force someone into a cut if they have a clear reasonable position beside you.

• Track Re-Entry: If you do run off the track, re-enter the track by merging into the track, parallel to the track. Give way to faster traffic. Avoid crossing the track or driving slower in the racing line when possible.

• One Move Rule: When being followed by another car, you are allowed one move that is out of the normal racing line per section (straight / turn) of the track.

E.g. if someone is drafting up behind you, you can cut to the inside to take that line, but cannot then cut back to the outside. Swerving to avoid the draft is not allowed (although you can still make the one move).

Duplicate Car Challenges (if applicable)

In some cases there may be a restriction as to the number of duplicates of each car type are allowed. In the case where two drivers show up with the same car, the challenge rules apply.

• You can only loose two challenges. After two, you must pick an available car.

• You can only challenge for a particular car once. The second challenge would have to be another car.

• If any of the drivers of the car you are challenging for have a HC, you must run a HC (lowest finisher still looses the car).

• If during a challenge, any of the cars are negatively effected by a verifiable shunt, the challenge will be run again the next week, or a short 4 min runoff race (only challenge cars allowed) will be run after the normal races if time allows.

If you would like to compete in 1 or more classes, you will need to have AllAirCooled and Dean1484 (PSN IDs) as a friend to enter the rooms. Send me a PM, or post in this thread listing:

• PSN ID
  • GRM ID
  • Desired Class(es) and car choice (if applicable)

Drop ins are also generally welcome. If you are not planning on actively competing is the series, please avoid hindering any of the active drivers.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/17 12:52 p.m.

All races are held in Private Lounges. In order to find the room you will need to have another participant in your friend list( preferably Dean,or Allaircooled) and click on the "Show Friends Only" checkbox near the bottom of the Online screen.

Races scheduled to be held on Wednesday evenings. Each class race would run sequentially. At 8PM Central Time (9ET, 6PT) we will run a one lap "reset race" to zero out the qualifying times.

Qualifying for the first race will start immediately after the reset race with the race starting at approximately 15 after (depending on participant arrival). The second class will start qualifying at aprox. 8:45 - 9:00PM Central Time, with the race starting at approx. 9:00 - 9:15PM Central Time.

Event schedule:

Results color coding (where applicable): Blue = Negative HC, Green = Positive HC, Red = Shunt Award

• 1/11 - Round 1 Grand Valley Speedway
  • 1/18 - Round 2 Grand Valley East
  • 1/25 - Round 3 Silverstone Grand Prix
  • Round 4 Silverstone The International Circuit
  • Round 5 Suzuka Circuit
  • Mid Series Break: Testing for next season
  • Round 6 Suzuka East Course
  • Round 7 Red Bull Ring
  • Round 8 Red Bull Ring Mini
  • Round 9 Special Stage Route 5
  • Round 10 Special Stage Route 5 Clubman
  • Challenge/ROC:
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/17 12:52 p.m.

Things still needed:

• Specifics on the Jags (I can fill in some)
  • Base tune on the Jag
  • Track List. Someone want to pick some out? These cars seem to pretty good on most tracks.

Let me know if anything is goofy or missing.

Tonight will be prep and discussion for the series.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/4/17 2:09 p.m.

So what is on for tonight? Are we racing or practicing? We should probably put a teaser in the main GRM forum to see about getting those that want to race back in here.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
1/4/17 2:13 p.m.

sounds like fun

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/5/17 7:35 a.m.

Great fun last night. I am really looking forward to the 80s Japanese. Series. These really seem to promote good close racing.

If I think of it I will pull up my tune for the jag and post it. I keep forgetting.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/5/17 8:16 a.m.

I also had fun even though I couldn't see anyone. Fixing that is my priority for the next few days, if I can't get it working then I'll probably sit out. There's just too much that can go wrong (see Dean's massive glitch shunt at Spa), and passing someone because they're held up by a car you can just drive through isn't fun for anyone.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/6/17 3:02 p.m.

I might join in on the Sunday open practice/recruiting day if you guys are still holding that.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/6/17 4:10 p.m.

Hi Ed,

I host the Sunday room. Air and I split the hosting duties. I host the events on Sunday and Aircooled (allaicooled on ps3) hosts the Wednesday races.

Send me a friend request my PS3 ID is the same as my Id on here "dean1484" Look forward to seeing you. I will be running more of the 80's Japanese cars and the E type Jags (see regs for the series above) in preparation for the start of the season that Air hosts on Wednesdays.

I try to open a room between 8:00 and 8:30 Sunday nights eastern.

Look forward to seeing you!!!

Ed Higginbotham
1/8/17 6:51 p.m.

Hi Dean. Just wanted to make sure you got my friend request.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 6:58 p.m.

I will be firing up the ps3 in about half an hour. Ed if you have not sent a friend request please do so it will make finding the room much easier for you. Since it is an open room tonight I don't think I matters if I have already opened the room and you then send it. With locked rooms if the friend request is sent after the room is open you still can not get in. We have to open a new room.

Anyway I am thinking we should explore tracks tonight for the series so with that in mind we will be moving around after every two or three races at a track.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 7:00 p.m.

I will look now ed

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 7:02 p.m.

Got it all set

Ed Higginbotham
1/8/17 7:02 p.m.

Looking forward to it. I'm positive I'm not as good as most of you guys, but I'll stay out of your way and have fun haha.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
1/8/17 7:06 p.m.

Saw you get on and decided to crash the party again. Still don't expect me to show up for most of the races.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 7:08 p.m.

Hay you are always welcome. We like party crasher's

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 7:09 p.m.

Room up in ten or so taking care of a couple things first.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
1/8/17 7:51 p.m.

Eventually I'm going to learn to stop doing my Cole Trickle impersonation when I come up on a huge cloud of smoke.

Ed Higginbotham
1/8/17 9:37 p.m.

Thanks for letting me join in guys. That was fun. Ya'll are fast.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 10:37 p.m.

Ed you were darn fast your self!!! It was great to have you. Please join us on Wednesday if you can. That is when we serious.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/8/17 10:51 p.m.

Some very good racing all around tonight. I am looking forward to Wednesday.

Make sure people paint there cars to there prefered color. I am sticking with my Orange.

Ed Higginbotham
1/9/17 8:34 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Thanks for the invite, Dean. I'll try to make it on Wednesdays. I play softball on Wednesday evenings, but I should be able to make it when we don't have a late game. So I'll probably miss a few races.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
1/9/17 1:41 p.m.

I will be getting my cars set up and a little practice in during the next couple days.

Wife's work schedule may conflict with Wednesday night though, may not make it.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/9/17 4:56 p.m.

I had fun last night, it was nice to actually see people for once. I could even see Slate for one race! The trade off was that Dean could only see Chadeux and not the other 9 people in the room...

It appears that if I join after everyone else is loaded then I can see them, except for the Texans. At some point I'd like pictures or video of the apparently good races that Slate and I somehow have even without seeing each other, I'm curious.

1 2 3 ... 23
Our Preferred Partners
i7wg6iZEWQTdtPyd5VsDc990UKOU2Ivg