1 ... 20 21 22 23
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/13/17 3:44 p.m.

No sure what we are doing tonight, but I was kind of thinking of:

LAMBO NIGHT!

Just because I just watched a Top Gear with a Huracan in it.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/13/17 7:09 p.m.

Ohhhh this could be fun. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/19/17 11:59 a.m.

In my continuing to pander to Dea series, I am contemplating for Wednesday:

Ferrari Dino, stepped races.

The idea is: Start with stock PP full tuning Dino.  Run races with 5 min breaks.  After each race bump the PP up.  Bump up tires if there is a majority vote for it.  Change tracks when same person (Sauce) wins two in a row.

What I need to know (maybe you can test Dean):

- approximately how many races in two hours running with 5 min between

- start vs. max PP on Dino divided by above

- can I use the auto run  race feature for this if I adjust the PP after each race.

Sound interesting? Clearly this could be done with any car, or even non-spec.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/19/17 8:27 p.m.

I love the Dino however it takes a certain style to drive fast.  Lets give it a try. 

Testing may be an issue for me. This is my crazy season for work so my time is limited until winter shows up. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/20/17 7:50 p.m.

I will be on a little after 9:00 eastern after battlebots is over. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/24/17 5:58 p.m.

For tonight I am thinking the toybaru twins. Full tune with a stepped pp the same as Air did with the Dino. I don't know what tire we will start with. We can figurar that out. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/24/17 7:58 p.m.

Not going to make it tonight.  I am planning on another progressive race on Wednesday, but this time with SM tires.  Probably start at 430 and go up 10 again.  Street cars, no other restrictions.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/24/17 10:59 p.m.

Thr toybaru twins were great fun.  Started at 410 and came up from there.  Sport hard worked really well. I ran  up to 440 then jumped to 470 pp. it was good fun. I also had the boost on low. This actually worked very well. We had some great racing but the computer did not seem to interfere much with the leaders.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
9/26/17 7:32 p.m.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I'm traveling for work this week and won't make it Wednesday. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/26/17 9:04 p.m.

Nope did not know that. Hope to see you Sunday!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/27/17 6:37 p.m.

What is the plan tonight Air???

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/27/17 7:47 p.m.

430 progressive on SM

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/27/17 7:52 p.m.

Be on in a bit watching the final battlebot   Round. Then I will be on. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/1/17 9:56 a.m.

I think I am going to bring back the Toybaru's but start at around 475 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/15/17 11:21 a.m.

Not sure what is going to be on for tonight.  Last Wednesdays races with Ar were great fun and I may revisit that 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/18/17 5:36 p.m.

Air I will probibly miss tonight. Called out of town yesterday. Landing back in Boston in about two hours  but I don’t think  I will make it back in time

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/18/17 8:34 p.m.

I was looking forward to racing tonight but when I went to put on my headset I found it had broken.  Since I use a computer monitor I rely on the headset for all audio, not just chat.    No sound paired with the usual connection issues would make me even more of a danger to the crowd than usual, so I decided to bail.  Hopefully I can get it fixed for Sunday.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/19/17 11:16 a.m.

I saw you get on then off, I was wondering.   

You probably should have jumped in.  It was very sparse last night as it was just Dean and I for pretty much the whole night.  We had some pretty good duals with 450pp pre-71 cars.  The Vette vs Mustang battle was pretty entertaining.

I suspect the lack of participants has something to do with the GT Sport launch yesterday.  Of course that is on a different platform, but who knows.

We will see going forward how much participation we have.  I also need to find you what yours and Slates status is on moving on to PS4.  Clearly it's a pretty big investment and Dean and I are lamenting the loss of all the classic cars.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/19/17 8:03 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I don't currently have a PS4 and am on the fence due to the investment.  That said, I think I'll end up going to the PS4 at some point because 1) everyone else is, 2) I think the competition and server support for GT6 are about to take a nose dive, and 3) I bought my PS3 used on Craigslist 8+ years ago and it's on borrowed time.  It's been a workhorse for years as my primary platform for Netflix, etc. in addition to gaming, but has started freezing up on occasion and intermittently having a rather significant noise from the hard drive.  For the time being I plan to stay with GT6, but I'll probably be on GTS in the coming months.

bslate3
bslate3 Reader
10/22/17 10:55 a.m.

Yesterday I traded in my PS3 and all my games for a PS4 and GT Sport. It was time for the upgrade.

They are supposed to start the Fia online racing events next February so i felt it was better to get it now and get used to the game. 

Im totally loving this game even with just using the controller until I can get one of those emulators for my G27 wheel. 

Im still bslate3 on PS4 too. Y'all know where to find me when you make the switch. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/22/17 11:27 a.m.

OK.  Yes, we are rapidly approaching a forced decision point.  Activity was very low Wed, we will see tonight.

One note on GTS.  Because of the rather poor reviews, you can likely get a pretty good discount on the price if you are patient.

Are you around tonight Dean?  If not I am thinking of a Mustangs vs Vettes theme room.  I suspect the modern vettes will be fastest, but finding contemporary match ups might be interesting.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/22/17 12:09 p.m.

I will be around I just don't know exactly when I will be getting home.  I will join in if you already have a room up if I get home early enough I will  open one.  Yes I like the Mustang / Corvette thing we were doing. 

Re GTS. I am completely under whelmed by the reviews so far.  I have not seen / heard that you can open your own rooms and host your own events (like you can in PC2) so that may be the real determining factor as to where we go with the GRM on line racing group.   

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/22/17 12:10 p.m.

Slate can you enlighten us on the making of rooms?  in GTS

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/22/17 11:45 p.m.

Mustangs vs Vettes went pretty good tonight.  A decent crowd, peaking at 7 or 8, so Sport didn't have a big impact.  Mustangs seemed to dominate at 500 (some of the newer Vettes could not get that that low) we want to 520 later and it was all Vettes!  So, I guess 510 is a good idea?

Still good racing to be had out there.

bslate3
bslate3 Reader
10/23/17 2:17 p.m.

I haven't started any of the online racing. As far as I can tell the online rooms work the same. But hopefully there will be better quality racing where everyone sees everybody lol. 

I feel like the car physics is even more realistic. And now each race starts out with cold tires. And you can also change your fuel maps on the fly to save fuel. 

Im really impressed so far. 

1 ... 20 21 22 23
Our Preferred Partners
2mkqw6hOiVMJxLGOzUNWpLJHGoTcU3Fu