1 ... 21 22 23
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/23/17 3:37 p.m.

Yes, if we can you get you Spool and Sauce in a room together and you can see each other, that is a definite improvement.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
10/23/17 5:19 p.m.

I saw sauce for a few days at nationals. No need to see him again lol. Besides, invisible competitors are the fiercest. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/23/17 10:53 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

I saw sauce for a few days at nationals. No need to see him again lol. Besides, invisible competitors are the fiercest. 

I didn't so much see Spool as listen to him die and somehow come back to life to finish up winning a championship.  Fierce competition indeed.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
10/24/17 8:19 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Good chances are you’ll  get to hear me barf again over the headsets next time I join the league. Still having issues. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/25/17 6:16 p.m.

So anyone joining us tonight???  Air what you planning?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/25/17 7:50 p.m.

I am thinking a minor variation from Sunday: Chevy vs Ford.  Older cars get more bragging rights.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/29/17 11:55 a.m.

Going to go with the the 1400 kg cars again. We have not run that in a while. I think the pp was 525. Those were always good fun.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
10/29/17 9:53 p.m.

Sorry to keep being MIA.  I still haven't fixed my headset and there have been some non-trivial illnesses spread throughout the house.  That and the wife, after months of debate, has finally decided how to rearrange the house and where I can now set up my wheel and pedals no longer coincides with a place where I can get sufficient wireless signal to even play online.  I'm working on solutions and hopefully will be back on in a week or two.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/1/17 4:44 p.m.

Probably go with 1400kg again tonight (good racing Sunday).

Sauce, what are your thoughts / plans for PS4 / GTS / PC2?  I realize the monetary output can be pretty extreme.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/1/17 6:29 p.m.

I'm back to it tonight!  Managed to create a wired connection in the new room and my headphone fix worked out better than expected.  Like, I thought it might work but need several revisions to be functional/comfortable but the first attempt was perfect, which pretty much never happens for me.

As for the PS4 question, I'm probably going to order one this week.  My PS3 has kicked the noises it's making up a notch, to the point where my wife, from 10 feet away, thought the noise it was making was background sound on a loading screen.  I really think it has maybe a few weeks of life left in it.  I'm still unsure between GTS and PC2, I'll probably watch some reviews and demos and see if anything jumps out at me.  If others make an executive decision before then I'll follow the crowd.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
11/1/17 6:33 p.m.

I'll also add that I think the tuning changes in GTS closed the loophole that made certain cars ringers for the seasonals and one off races.  I'm glad they closed that loophole (if they actually did), but it's unfortunate that those features are also what we used to handicap.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/1/17 10:48 p.m.

Great fun tonight Air.  Not sure what Sunday will bring.  I was actually thinking of upping the kg to 1450 or 1500 and using the pp to closer to. 550 or even 600 and keep the fuel and tire ware on. This would make tires a serious issue in 4-5 laps fore sure.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/5/17 12:48 p.m.

I am thinking 90s Japanese but with a higher pp than we ran them last time. Soothing closer to 500 or more. Not sure on the tire yet.  Or more of the 525/1400 cars.  But run longer races so fuel and tire really become an issue. Maybe mandate a car change if you win? 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/7/17 6:16 a.m.

Air I was on last night but did not see your room open. Were you on? 

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/7/17 7:27 a.m.

Air was busy being upside down in a Ferrari after a spectacular first lap crash with Brad at Road America (PC2 Series).  Luckly, he was able to walk away unharmed.  Brad was able to continue after extensive repairs in the pits.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/8/17 1:12 p.m.

Yeah, sorry, I was trying to watch to see if you came on.  No one really showed up last week, so I was being conservative.  I also got a bit distracted trying to get my PC2 settings to stick (I think I know how to do it now, or it might even be fixed). Probably should have though, clearly my extra practice did NOT help....

I will not be available Sunday either, I am meeting with a work friend who is in from Switzerland.  I am looking forward to it, but he's pretty neutral about the whole thing wink

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/8/17 7:10 p.m.
Argo1 said:

Air was busy being upside down in a Ferrari after a spectacular first lap crash with Brad at Road America (PC2 Series).  Luckly, he was able to walk away unharmed.  Brad was able to continue after extensive repairs in the pits.

Now that is funny!!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/13/17 8:20 p.m.

Air I just got home so going to miss tonight. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/13/17 8:25 p.m.

ok

1 ... 21 22 23
Our Preferred Partners
HdLkJFLLNxi4k7u7w5w9eMp7xfbPqx0k