Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
Jan. 11, 2017 5:57 p.m.

I'm going to keep working on it but it's looking like I won't make it tonight.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 11, 2017 5:58 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I'm going to keep working on it but it's looking like I won't make it tonight.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 6:14 a.m.

I had a great time last night. I have not looked at the replays but from what I could see there was very close racing all over the grid.

Spoolpigeon PowerDork
Jan. 12, 2017 6:23 a.m.

Sounds like Cody (LouisvilleZ06) cleaned house!

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 7:17 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: Sounds like Cody (LouisvilleZ06) cleaned house!

Well ya except I won a race.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 7:19 a.m.

Spool where were you last night? Afraid of some real competition.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 7:29 a.m.

Wait... . . do I really want a fired up spool on track next week.

bslate3 New Reader
Jan. 12, 2017 7:34 a.m.

Yes LouisvilleZ06 and I had some good battles!

e30Matt Dork
Jan. 12, 2017 8:50 a.m.

I had fun, but not being able to see a couple people (or not be seen) caused me some problems. The first Jag race was shaping up to be a good race, but on the first lap I came around the 2nd to last corner to find Slate glitch parked dead on my line. I couldn't miss him, and as I glitched back Air plowed into me and my car was done. It was almost T1 before the engine fixed itself and I had given up 5 or 6 positions. I then added to my woes by dropping a tire. An abysmal first race put me on the front row again for the 2nd Jag race which I think I won.

The first 80's race I was in lock step with Mercedes, but our cars were faster in different parts of the track and I was having a hard time finding a place to make a pass attempt. I finally got a run onto the front straight and he began draft dodging (I don't blame him, he didn't know our one move rule) but I couldn't follow due to where Slate was glitch parked on the front straight for me. I ended up out braking myself into T1 trying to compensate and removed myself from contention. After getting the boot after the 1st race I could see everyone but Slate and Louisville, which was a slight improvement. However, I had Dean give me a mild PIT maneuver, Air rear ended me into Dean mid-corner, and my race ended when Air changed lanes into me on the front straight putting me solidly into the wall. They claim they couldn't see me, but I think we know better

Apexcarver PowerDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:03 a.m.

It was fun running again, I ended up on the controller and built the car less than 30 minutes before the race and hadnt fired up GT6 in a few weeks. I was testing and changing settings all the way up to qualifying.

(note; the stated spec settings had me overpowered for the Jaaaag, I had power restriction at 92-something percent to make the PP with the stated ballast and mods)

First race, I got toward the front by keeping my nose clean. If it had gone another lap or two I might have had something for Dean, but at the same time Air might have had me too. It was a good close race.

Second race, I fought a little too hard at the beginning and may have been a bit argy-bargy. Apologies to those I gave kisses to, I dont think I messed anyone up. I did slide into Air a bit into one corner, but I gave the position back to him at exit and hope I handled that correctly. Dean and I were having another VERY close fight that lasted a few laps, then he had a tow on me on the front straight and passed on the inside of the slight left jog at the end of the straight. I lifted a bit (to give room so that I could have space to set up a charge out of the right hander and fight back and also to provide room for dean to track out if needed) and my rear end got loose, I then over-corrected and hit the wall putting me back in 8th. Not Dean's fault in any way, car was just touchy to a mid corner lift and it didnt work out.

I saw another white car in warm-up; hope gold isnt taken.

Whats next week's track?

aircooled MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:14 a.m.

Next week is the short version of the same track: Grand Valley East

Gold is not taken as far as I know. We have not had any pimps driving from what I remember.

Apex sent me a picture of himself for some reason (note: this is not required):

Some nice close racing in most cases. Yes, there were a few bumps, but nothing too serious that I know of. If you saw any, let me know, we do have shunt points available for that. That Jags are pretty narrow, but get really wide when they are sideways!

Some crazy close racing last night.

aircooled MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:21 a.m.

NOTE: These result are PRELIMINARY. Since I could not see Sauce (that's my story and I am sticking to it) I don't know how he finished in the 2nd J80 race! Also, did NW finish that race? If so, what place? I gave Sauce the shunt points (not added in yet) for the Jag race (he got it way worse then I did). Any nominations for J80? (or a better one for Jags).

Week 1 Results

Week 1 Standings

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:29 a.m.

Still Waiting for Lousiville's "selfie" to be posted .

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:34 a.m.

This is just cool!!! I had visions of something like this at the start of the first race last night.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:35 a.m.

I will try and get some photos from last night to post up as I am sure there are some great shopts that can be had with both series.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:45 a.m.

I would like to thank everyone for keeping things together last night in turn one and the run up through the Esses at the start of all the races. It requires patients and control and skill while still trying to take as much as you can from the other guy. We really have a great bunch of very skilled drivers and I considder my self lucky to be driving with you all. It is what makes this so much fun!!!!

@ Apex. The run down to turn one was really odd to me. I had a big run on you and decided to keep it to the left to give you all the room through the little rise and then into the hard left hander. I actually figured that I had hit the brakes early to make sure that I kept it under control thinking that I was going to have to try and over under on you because you were regularly braking much later than me. Then you just disappeared. I was really worried that I had hit you but I did not feel anything. I am so glad that it was not me. I was also bumed as we were having a great race up until then. Nip and tuck back and forth. As I like to call it a game of chess at 100+ MPH. It was great!!!!

Air and I then had a interesting dust-up with I think slate or NW was also involved. I was tapped coming out of the last tunnel and was completely sideways but somehow managed to save it and those two managed to not hit me so I managed to hold the lead. A serious pucker-inducing moment!!!

It was great fun guys!!!! I am really looking forward to next week!!!!

Spoolpigeon PowerDork
Jan. 12, 2017 11:49 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I was on a plane to Newark last night.

Next week I fly out again, but not until Thursday afternoon so I'll be there Wednesday night to wreck LouisvilleZ06's dreams.

Spoolpigeon PowerDork
Jan. 12, 2017 2:31 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Still Waiting for Lousiville's "selfie" to be posted .

aircooled MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 2:45 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: ...Air and I then had a interesting dust-up with I think slate or NW was also involved. I was tapped coming out of the last tunnel and was completely sideways but somehow managed to save it and those two managed to not hit me so I managed to hold the lead. A serious pucker-inducing moment!!!...

That was Fullsize in the Miata. He was breathing down my neck looking for any opening so I was trying to fill up the tunnel (which can be taken 2 wide pretty easily) by poking my nose inside. Unfortunately you moved back inside and proceeded to go all "drifto" on me. I had to slow down to not pass you, but your little display scared off Fullsize enough to not pass us both.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 3:22 p.m.

Air, I still don't know how I saved that one. It was all reactions and no thinking.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 3:35 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:
dean1484 wrote: Still Waiting for Lousiville's "selfie" to be posted .

Oh the photoshop meme possibility's.

Jan. 12, 2017 4:12 p.m.

Nice racing with you guys last night. Damn close, glad I saved the replays. Think I'm gonna have to tweak my Jaaaaag a bit to get some balance into it for next week.

Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
Jan. 12, 2017 5:21 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
dean1484 wrote: ...Air and I then had a interesting dust-up with I think slate or NW was also involved. I was tapped coming out of the last tunnel and was completely sideways but somehow managed to save it and those two managed to not hit me so I managed to hold the lead. A serious pucker-inducing moment!!!...

That was Fullsize in the Miata. He was breathing down my neck looking for any opening so I was trying to fill up the tunnel (which can be taken 2 wide pretty easily) by poking my nose inside. Unfortunately you moved back inside and proceeded to go all "drifto" on me. I had to slow down to not pass you, but your little display scared off Fullsize enough to not pass us both.

That may have been like 105% my fault haha. Saw Dean go really wide and had a decent run on air for the first time all race so I tried to hit the gap in the middle. That gap closed amazingly fast lol. Had a great time last night though. The view from the back is largely entertaining.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 5:49 p.m.

It happened so fast I am going to have to go look at it. I thought that air tapped me putting me in to a slide back in the tunnel causing both of us to slow and you just ran up on us probably not realizing what happened. It was an exciting moment for sure.

dean1484 MegaDork
Jan. 12, 2017 8:01 p.m.

So Ed how was your first race? Was it what you expected? More? Less? From what I saw you are more than capable of holding your own out there.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Your Projects: Boosted and Flared E30 BMW

38 minutes ago in News

Another forum member put it best: “This build is absolutely mental. And I mean that in the best possible way.”

Concours d’Lemons: Showcasing the Best of the Worst and the Worst of the Best

2 hours ago in Articles

This year’s Concours d’Lemons celebrated two cars rarely associated with the glitz and glamor of Monterey.

You Need This: Gullwing Doors and Exotic Styling for Just $1500

4 hours ago in News

Meet some brown ’70s awesomeness.

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

1 day ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

Acura Unveils New Prototype Race Car in Monterey

2 days ago in News

Acura yesterday unveiled the new Acura ARX-05 prototype race car.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

2 days ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

3 days ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

3 days ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

4 days ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

4 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

You Need This: A Quite Eye-Catching Green Over Red Ferrari

4 days ago in News

Not your usual Ferrari color combo.

Your Projects: JDM Autozam AZ-1 Kei Car

4 days ago in News

What are the realities of importing a JDM kei car to the U.S.?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
GLTMAzPrTA2YKCc53sVlOKbtwJWlYySi