1 2 3 ... 112
aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/11/14 10:37 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Gran Turismo 6 racing League - Series 2.

Starts: 4/23

STANDINGS

Sunday Driver STANDINGS

This is a championship series based on the cars and spirit of the Grassroots Motorsports (and what is available in GT6). Although highly competitive the main focus of the racing is fun clean racing. Because of this, rough driving is highly discouraged.

This league will consist of 10 races run weekly, and 2 classes.

• All drivers drive the exact same car (determined as outlined below)
  • Car choice for each week determined by pick order based on previous series total points order (see below).
  • A rolling pot is used to buy cars. Each week 100,000 CR is added to the pot. The car choice cannot exceed that weeks pot (which will always be a minimum of 100,000 CR)
  • ANY car available from the Online Garage is eligable (no CR limit)
  • No car modification allowed (room will be set to no modifications)
  • Oil changes and engine rebuilds are allowed.
  • The only adjustment allowed is brake bias
  • Tires are as delivered new from dealership.
  • Race length set the number of laps raced in 5-6 min. Two races will be run, second race is Reverse Grid.

• Max 600pp
  • Power Limiter setting must be 90% or above (may be lower with HC)
  • All tuning allowed
  • No Nitrous allowed
  • RH Tires (HC tire is SS)
  • Car must be a race version of a car (no modded street cars or tuner cars) that is a production based vehicle (no Rocket Cars, Chaparrals, prototypes, etc) that seats two or more people and has a roof (no KTM, Aeros, etc).
  • Must keep the same car once chosen (except as noted below)
  • A car choice change may be made at mid-season if desired.
  • A car choice change may be made before the second race (buyers remorse)
  • Duplicate Car Rule: Duplicate cars are allowed, but they must be visually differentiated by color and number (if applicable)
  • Race length set the number of laps raced in 10-12 min

There is also a special, separately tracked series run on Sundays BEFORE the two above series, using the same track. This series also has two races:

Spec BRZ/86GT/FR-S

• Car MUST be: Subaru 12' BRZ - Toyota 12' 86GT - Scion 12 FR-S
  • 413pp max (oil change allowed)
  • SH Tires (CS HC tires)
  • Paint and brake bias adjustable
  • NO other modification allowed (room will be set to No Modifications)

Spec Miata

• The only car Model allowed is a Miata/MX5 (any series)
  • 425pp
  • SS Tires
  • Race length set the number of laps raced in 7-8 min. Two races will be run, second race is Reverse Grid.
  • All tuning allowed.
  • Use of Race Suspension (at least as a starting point) is highly recommended.
  • (suggestion, not required): Use of early Miata allowed repainting to show stripes

Track and SSS Car Selection: Track choice and SSS car for each week are determined by participants. Pick order is determined by order of total points from the previous season. Car choice for SSS must be worth 100,000 CR or less. Any non-kart non-dirt/gravel/snow track is allowed.

Track selection must include all Time and Weather settings (where applicable).

Using smaller variation of same track for SSS (e.g. Silverstone) is allowed.

Track selection is required to be at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the race.

Car selection must be declared by the Sunday before the race.

Current Pot: (week 3) 165,700 Cr

• Week 1 - Spoolpigeon - 268 - (34,300) 165,000 Cr
  • Week 2 - TheDerve - 267 - (85,000) 180,000 Cr
  • Week 3 - Allaircooled - 197 (112,000) 168,000 Cr
  • Week 4 - dean1484 - 191 - (125,000) 143,000 Cr
  • Week 5 - retrohoon - 143 - (50,000) 193,000 Cr
  • Week 6 - Avettey - 134 - (27,300) 165,000 Cr
  • Week 7 - plaidcladmadman - 134 (120,000) 145,000 Cr
  • Week 8 - gt5anth - 129 - (220,000) 245,000 Cr
  • Week 9 - ARR-Argo1 - 117 (100,000) 125,000 Cr
  • Week 10 - MMM_Sauce (matman) - 51

Handicapping:

To help equalize cars and/or drivers, cars will be handicapped based on finish position. Handicapping is detailed below.

Handicapping is yet to be determined and depends on the series.

SSS: 1st and 2nd place will incur a HC of one step down in tire (e.g. SM to SH) for the next race.

GT500: 1st and 2nd place will incur a HC of 20PP for the next race.

HC levels will be tracked on the Standing board above.

• 1st - 16 points
  • 2nd - 14 points
  • 3rd - 12 points
  • 4th - 11 points
  • 5th - 10 points
  • 6th - 9 points
  • 7th - 8 points
  • 8th - 7 points
  • 9th - 6 points
  • 10th - 5 points
  • 11th - 4 points
  • 12th - 3 points
  • 13th - 2 points
  • 14th - 1 points

• Two extra points for the biggest shunt victim. Voted by participants if needed.

Points for the championship will consist of your 9 highest scores (you will drop your lowest scoring race). With this, missing a race won't eliminate your chances.

First tie breaker is total 1st place finishes. Second tie breaker is ROC/Challenge race.

Starting and Restarts

In an effort to combat glitching, when a race is started, all participants will exit into the pits before the count down counter reaches 10 seconds. This will not affect qualifying order. Please note your starting position in the event of a restart.

If major glitching or a large series of collisions (CF) occur at the start or within a few turns of the start anyone witnessing a significant enough of an event should type RESTART in the message window and a restart will be initiated. In the event of a restart:

• All participants will exit the track
  • Once everyone has left the track and instructed to, re-enter the track
  • Line up on the track in the original starting order (as best can be re-created) with special emphasis on the top 3 cars.
  • Wait for the race countdown and do not change your order.

Rolling start: The lead qualifying will be responsible for pacing the pack at 80 mph to a designated point (probably the last turn before a back straight) at which point the race starts (in the case of a restart, the starting point will be much closer to the start line).

There is NO passing until that point, and previous to the start point cars will attempt to get into the original start order. If another major glitching incident occurs with the re-start, the glitching car will be asked to start at the back an stay clear of cars for the first few turns. Ultimately a glitching car may be asked to leave, which will be avoided if at all possible.

Rules: (Repeated violations / complaints will result in a DQ.)

• Qualifying: A 10-15 min qualifying session will be held before each race. A one lap "reset race" will be run before the first race qualifying to clear/reset the qualifying times.

• You must start the race on the tires that you qualify on. (The Spool rule)

• All driving aids are off (TCS, Driving line, etc), except ABS

• Damage is set to Low, draft to High, edge setting is Real, penalty is set to Off.

• Racing etiquette applies (e.g. it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to ensure a clean pass). Keep the racing clean.

• Passing Consideration: No passing under braking. Make certain you have a clear position on a car (beside the car) BEFORE a corner if you plan to pass in a corner. In such a case both cars are required to provide driving room in the corner (punting rule does apply). See below for examples.

• Braking consideration. In order to avoid rear-ending others during braking, please either take a different line from the car you are following or fade brake as shown below:

• Corner Cutting: Maintain two wheels on the track (not curbs) at all times. Cutting is allowed to avoid hitting other cars (do not improve your position)

• Punting Courtesy Rule: The following driver is responsible for not making contact with the car in front. If you push someone else off of the track you are required to wait for them to return to the track and allow them to stay in front of you for at least one turn. This rule also applies if you force someone into a cut if they have a clear reasonable position beside you.

• Track Re-Entry: If you do run off the track, re-enter the track by merging into the track, parallel to the track. Give way to faster traffic. Avoid crossing the track or driving slower in the racing line when possible.

• One Move Rule: When being followed by another car, you are allowed one move that is out of the normal racing line per section (straight / turn) of the track. E.g. if someone is drafting up behind you, you can cut to the inside to take that line, but cannot then cut back to the outside. Swerving to avoid the draft is not allowed (although you can still make the one move).

If you would like to compete in 1 or more classes, you will need to have AllAirCooled (ARR-Argo1 and Spoolpigeon are alternates) (PSN IDs) as a friend to enter the room. Send me a PM, or post in this thread listing:

• PSN ID
  • GRM ID
  • Desired Class(es) and car choice (if applicable)

Drop ins are also generally welcome. If you are not planning on actively competing is the series, please avoid hindering any of the active drivers.

Schedule:

All races are held in Private Lounges. In order to enter the room you will need to find another participant in your fiend list( preferably Dean, Argo or Allaircooled) and click on the yellow icon next to the lounge coffee cup icon to enter the room.

Races scheduled to be held on Wednesday evenings. Each class race would run sequentially. At 8PM Central Time (9ET, 6PT) we will run a one lap "reset race" to zero out the qualifying times. Qualifying for the first race will start immediately after the reset race with the race starting at approximately 15 after (depending on participant arrival). The second class will start qualifying at aprox. 8:45 - 9:00PM Central Time, with the race starting at approx. 9:00 - 9:15PM Central Time.

Event schedule:

Results color coding: Blue = Pole Position, Green = Fast Lap, Purple = Shunt Award (blue/green is pole and fast lap)

• 4/16 - GT6 Series Testing -

• 4/23 - Round 1 2001 (US) S2000 at Madrid [3,4/7 laps]

• 4/30 - Round 2 KTM XBow Street - Willow Springs [5,6/9 laps]

• 5/7 - Round 3 RUF BTR (SM tires) - Twin Ring Motegi East Course [5-6/9 laps]

• 5/14 - Round 4 Suzuki GSX-R/4 - Nurburgring GP/D [3(4)/7 laps]

• 5/21 - Round 5 TOM'S Chaser at Special Stage Route 5 [x/x laps]

• 5/28 - Mid Series Break: Testing for next season: Cape Ring North - Classic Sports Cars and Muscle Cars See 2nd post below for car requirement details.

• 6/4 - Round 6 Honda Integra Type-R (DC5) '04 at Rome Reverse [3(4) / 10 laps]

• 6/11 - Round 7 BMW M4 CoupĂ© at Brands Hatch [3(4)/8 laps]

• 6/18 - Round 8 SRT Challenger SRT8 Touring Car at Mount Panorama [x/x laps] SSS Race Time = 14:30 (Reverse grid = 13:00) - Time Progression = 60 - GT Race Time = 11:00

• 6/25 - Round 9 Light Car Company Rocket (SM tires) - Autumn Ring Reverse [4(5)/8 laps]

• 7/2 - Round 10 (MMM_Sauce - 125,000cr) - Tokyo Route 246 [x/x laps]

• 7/9 - Challenge/Practice:

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/11/14 10:38 p.m.

I will put the color / Number choices here:

Dean - Orange / Green #00

Dave (TheDerve) - Gulf Colors

Argo - Caterham Yellow #45

Failboat (retrohoon) - Light Aqua Metalic - #21

Spool - Sebring Silver Metalic

Compg05 (Nicksta43) - Black #35

Air - Dark blue / Yellow - #99

Graefin10 - GTR - Pure White - #77

Matman03 - Flat Black - #3

onebadrsx05 (Avetty) - NSX (Carbon) - Dark Gray - #14

Advan (gt5anth) -

e30Mat (MMM_Sauce) - Red - #88

Next Season Proposals:

I propose the SSS series be Rocket Cars on SM tires. There are 14 tracks suitable for use with the stock Rocket where it will not hit the limiter in top gear. Basically tracks with straights shorter than .40 mile. (Examples are Motegi, Autumn Ring, Tsukuba, Brands Hatch, Laguna Seca, etc.) Slow it down a bit with twisty tracks.

I propose the other series to be two seat production sports cars pre '79. Classic Sports Cars. Prepared to 410pp with anything except aero, (because it would look stupid on these cars) nitrous, and limiter under 90%. SM tires. Eligible cars that can be prepped to 410pp are:

'63 Corvette

'66 Honda S800

'67 Mazda Cosmo

'78 280Z

'68 Datsun 2000

'71 240Z - Spool

'67 Toyota 2000GT -Sauce

'66 Alfa Duetto

'63 Alfa Giulia

'73 Alpine A310

'73 Alpine A110

'57 BMW 507

'71 Dino 246 - Deano

'73 Lancia Stratos

'68 Europa S2

'62 Elan S1

'72 Europa TC - Argo F youself

'54 MB 300SL

'74 Spitfire

'65 Karman Ghia - Aircooled

Muscle Cars

• 500pp
  • 95% Power limiter max
  • Full race exhaust required
  • The only mods allowed are for Power, Drivetrain and Brakes (except at noted below)
  • No forced induction or NOS
  • No Diff mods.

No suspension tuning. No weigh reduction. No forced induction. No upgraded dif. No adding weight.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/12/14 7:34 a.m.

I did some brief testing this morning to choose a car and track for week 5. I promise it wont be (too) terrible. I guess Spool's gotta pick a track so we know where to start practicing.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/12/14 7:57 a.m.

My track pick is Madrid.

I was going to pick Matterhorn Riflesee, but there really isn't room for passing there. It's great fun for time trials, but not so much for an actual race.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/12/14 10:05 a.m.

My track is GP/D

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/12/14 10:09 a.m.

Dean hearts the D

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/12/14 10:36 a.m.

Unless for some reason someone before me picks it, I choose Special Stage Route 5.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/12/14 10:50 a.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon:

Actually I am hoping for a rematch with argo.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/12/14 11:00 a.m.

Air, almost everyone has their track in mind. Can we get the tracks set before the start of the season? It would be preferred. I will choose Grand Valley Reverse.

I omitted that the Scion FR-S '12 is also eligible for the Sunday night series. Can we update that with a BRZ picture to go with Brock's book and maybe a paragraph about what the series is for?

Bad timing would make Easter Sunday the first race of the season. Will have to think about that one...

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/12/14 11:09 a.m.

As previously suggested by several, let's choose a personal paint color for the season and post your choice here. We know that some GT cars cannot be painted so that's OK. The others can. Choose a personal number as well.

What we know so far:

Dean - Orange

Dave - Gulf Colors

Argo - Caterham Yellow #45

Fail - Light Aqua Metalic #21

Spool - Sebring Silver Metalic

Comp - Black

Grae - White #77

Others chime in. Pick your color.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/12/14 11:35 a.m.

Sebring silver metallic

EDIT: and number 24 for the GT car.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/12/14 12:08 p.m.

Haha I was just saying un the other thread I changed my paint almost every week. I have "Light Aqua Metallic" I will run for this season. Also will be running #21.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/12/14 12:39 p.m.

Argo

Have you tested the difference between CS tires and SH tires? I have not .

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/12/14 1:04 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: Argo Have you tested the difference between CS tires and SH tires? I have not .

Gonna work on it. BRZ @ Madrid on SH is about 1:43.0. I will see what CS and SM do.

I can see why Spool likes that track. Lots of very technical corners. Passing room? Not on corner entry. All the passing will happen when people berk up the keyhole corners.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/12/14 1:18 p.m.

Anyone tested Gt500 at madrid? I had a clean 1:22..but the tune was stock other than power...and I was on controller. Much room to improve but the car felt good.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/12/14 3:12 p.m.

Ahhh failboat you stole my number that's ok I have a backup. I'll go black.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/12/14 3:28 p.m.

I will keep updating the top post as people add in color and number. If you want to know what is taken so far, refer to that post. This applies to both Wednesday and Sunday series.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/12/14 3:33 p.m.

Since I won't be able to get on the game until Monday to make another diabolical car choice, I'll be nice and go with the 2001 (US) S2000 so everyone can get ready for the first race.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/12/14 3:45 p.m.

Dean, or anyone else, have any thoughts on the unfortunate first race start date for the Sunday series on Easter Sunday? Delay? Run anyway? Non points? Start a week late?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/12/14 5:37 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Ahhh failboat you stole my number that's ok I have a backup. I'll go black.

E36 M3 man I am the new guy ill switch

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/12/14 5:37 p.m.

I will be around so it really does not bother me. If others have issues we can just make it a test&tune event. I would like to test GT500 cars in a pack and see how they compare to the ET cars

I also need to go get a car for the Wednesday night series as well.

Argo I don't think I can change the settings to stock and still have people adjust the brake bias. Thus I will set the max PP and the max tire and people are going to have to play by the ohner system in that there car is not modded. Eliminate the brake bias option and I can clamp down on the car setting to no mods (AKA stock) and then there will not be any issues with this.

I have not checked if you change the tires and rims if that triggers a rejection from a room set to ss

Also has anyone tested to see if running laps in a room set with tire ware and fuel usage to high if this causes the PP of a car to come up?

I have to go do a thermal imaging scan of a 150,000 SF building tonight. If I get home early enough I will be on.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/12/14 5:42 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

No that's ok, everytime I run that number I punt the E36 M3 out of derve, it's your turn now I have passed the torch

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
4/12/14 6:25 p.m.

I just bought the GTR R35 and painted it pure white with white wheels and numbered it 77. I doesn't look as horrible as I thought it would. It totally looks like a different car. Of course there are a lot of contrasting areas that retain the "blue chrome" shift color.

I'll wait till tomorrow to buy my S2000 to make sure Spool doesn't change his mind It will be white and probably have white wheels also.

I guess it's only fitting since I'm a New Newbie. I started my first series with the GRM gang with a white/white MX5 and a white Mazda Cosmo Sport

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/12/14 7:45 p.m.

Madrid is a pretty narrow course at GT500 pace. FYI: The end of the guardrail on the left hand side just after start/ finish sticks out just slightly and will send you end over end if you clip it. Ran a bit of a sloppy 1:18.7 after a six laps.

I trust we are practicing this course on Wednesday. We will need everybody to learn to play nice.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/12/14 8:05 p.m.

I think I have an idea for my week. I will have to see what kart boy does first. If I do, mine will have a video introduction.

1 2 3 ... 112
Our Preferred Partners
eoVu1V9JJYHv2OseZNcsmDlzZM2QRMFeOve1wJs0yVlT5mbZ5FKp3UB4K33NJybU