1 ... 110 111 112
Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/8/14 3:53 a.m.
e30Matt wrote: Is anything going on tonight, and if so at what track? I may or may not be able to make it, but figured I'd ask. Air, I would like the final standings to have an asterisk as Anth and I have yet to have our duel. They will probably stand as they are now, but it's something I'm very much looking forward to. NEMESIS!

AIR is the Sauce vs Anth race battle OK for the 13th? Or are we waiting for the 16th?

Sauce?

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
7/8/14 7:50 a.m.

In reply to Advan046: I'm good either way. Do we have any idea what or where we'll be driving?

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/8/14 9:11 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt:

I have not seen a definitive decision from Air.

I will ask our forum mates to propose a car and track for the event and Air can make the call if we know it now or if it is revealed online just before the race.

So guys throw out some ideas for Air to use.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/8/14 9:56 a.m.

The info is in the other thread. At this point we are doing Suzuki Cappuccino's ( 95 EA21R ) full stock for a small car test at Grand Valley East. We will also do another test with (at this point) SRT Viper GTS 13' with NOS added. Time permitting we can test CSC.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/8/14 11:12 a.m.

In reply to aircooled:

OK Air I won't be able to make it tomorrow for the test and practice races. Which was why I proposed the Sunday or next Wednesday (16th) tie breaker.

What were your thoughts?

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/8/14 11:42 a.m.

Oh, OK, you are talking about "the mano on mano macho big time who's the man showdown"

Well, thinking aloud here, that was the SSS class so the car should be a full stock car. I am thinking Nurmburg GP or Grand Valley would be good for passing opportunity. Something with a good amount of power, but not too wicked (don't want it to be about who can learn the car faster). Maybe something like an M3, Corvette (C6 or C7) or Shelby GT500? We could just run a 5 min qualifying and say 2 or 3 lap race?

Does that sound OK? It should be good for both of you. Probably best to slot that in before the races on Wed or Sun.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 HalfDork
7/8/14 12:42 p.m.

Thats something that could be done before the reset race.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/8/14 1:11 p.m.

That is what I was thinking.

I am also thinking (participants may not like it) to have Dean do a running NASCAR style commentary of the race:

...they approach T1, Advan goes for the inside, Matt says "get off my porch bitch" and shuts the door!...

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
7/8/14 1:12 p.m.
aircooled wrote: That is what I was thinking. I am also thinking (participants may not like it) to have Dean do a running NASCAR style commentary of the race: ...they approach T1, Advan goes for the inside, Matt says "get off my porch bitch" and shuts the door!...

ROFL

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
7/8/14 1:16 p.m.

Who is going to be my Co Host coming up with all kinds of weird statistics about the drivers and what not?

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/8/14 1:30 p.m.

I think Argo or Spool would be good for that. Much more entertaining if they just make up the statistics by the way. You will need on air names of course. I think your side kick should be "Bob" so your standard line can be "Oh really Bob".

"The Corvette was designed to get Harley Earl laid? Really Bob?"

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
7/8/14 1:54 p.m.
e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
7/8/14 2:32 p.m.

I like where this is heading. I'm actually good with all of it (commentary included) but would vote to make sure that whatever car is chosen isn't one we've used before (i.e. M4).

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/8/14 10:50 p.m.

Sounds great Air. The Dean commentary also sounds interesting.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/10/14 8:28 p.m.

PHotos as requested of SSS1 grand crash.

Anth makes a mistake in trying to carry too much speed out of T4 while inside of Mudd on the corner exit. I was banking on him carrying the car further to the left on track out of the corner. oh well my fault.  photo TokyoR246_zpsb31321a3.jpg

The resulting spin was massive as he went hard into the left wall and was apparently in full on reverse.  photo TokyoR246_1_zps6474de95.jpg

Same time opposite view, Dean enters the smoke while the others choose a path to take.  photo TokyoR246_2_zps7eaf7da3.jpg

Dean encounters Mudd with not time to react. This sends dean to slide along the left wall and Mudd gets more rotation.  photo TokyoR246_3_zps618d0de5.jpg

Plaid and Jax take evasive action to avoid Mudd while Dean is succumbing to the damage and wall grind into a hard stop.  photo TokyoR246_4_zps5957daf0.jpg

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/10/14 8:32 p.m.

Jax and Plaid meet Dean when he is full stopped into the wall. Massive hit for all three.  photo TokyoR246_5_zpsff147934.jpg

In a fraction of a second Jax is tossed to the Right wall and Plaid is dead stopped while Argo creeps by with Mudd. I am slow on the outside waiting for Mudd to pass me.

photo TokyoR246_6_zps0f4b9493.jpg

Jax Paid and Dean managed to have a menage a trois part Duex after Mudd and Argo pass.

photo TokyoR246_7_zps279d9dae.jpg

After that we all get going again a bit worse for wear and Sauce is gone...

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Dork
7/10/14 8:33 p.m.

Thnx. Still makes me smile. Good wreck

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
7/11/14 12:02 p.m.

Thanks Anth, I didn't notice you had posted pics. Had you and Mudd maintained your speed you probably would have caught me on that straight or after T5. I ran a little wide on T4 and scraped the wall, killing a little speed. I checked my mirrors to see who was coming and how fast and just saw a cloud of smoke. I looked at the map and saw a mess of triangles pointing all kinds of directions, somewhat relieved that my mistake would go unpunished but also disappointed that it wasn't going to be a competitive race.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
7/11/14 12:18 p.m.

That crash sucked. My car was so damaged it took almost the rest of the lap before it fixed it self. Just a bad break. After i hit mudd i thaight i may get lucky and slide to the apex but the 2nd hit killed that plan.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/11/14 2:52 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt:

Yeah I was so mad with myself. I knew we would catch you on the front straight if not sooner.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
7/11/14 3:13 p.m.

You guys should stop hitting each other

See what happens when I don't show up.

I think that is one of the bigger CF's. Probably not as bad as the massive pile up in the switchbacks when we tried to run Matterhorn in the Rally cars though.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
7/14/14 12:24 a.m.

The Duel is complete..

Fun race Sauce. My family watched and cheered me on so I had a great time all around. I was most fascinated by how different our steering inputs were. Obviously it was a faster way to lap your way as I was 0.5 seconds off your qualifying pace. But the draft and racing just fell my way through luck. I think I may have been a little too rough going into the T1-2 complex side by side with you. I want to hear your view on it.

We can close this Season 2 now with final standings in SSS.

e30Matt
e30Matt Reader
7/14/14 7:38 a.m.

That was a great race Anth. There wasn't anything too rough in my opinion. You ran a little wide, but contact was minimal and didn't significantly impact anything going forward. I knew you were coming and would get by, I was just trying to stay close enough to challenge you through the last couple turns as that's where I was gaining the most time on you. I had it set up pretty much how I wanted, but turned in a little too early on the last turn and caught some curb that got me slightly loose. That was all that it took to kill my run.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
2/19/16 12:37 p.m.

Bump for testing purposes.

1 ... 110 111 112
Our Preferred Partners
aQKmRwSDOyYaVZCA1kRrOYkZE0dqGgvGFAAphnwuEFVfnA76RJZC6qqXGbTymhNX