1 2 3 4 5 ... 112
corytate
corytate UltraDork
4/13/14 8:42 p.m.

I definitely wanna get in on the sunday races

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/14/14 12:57 a.m.

After un doing all the crazy stuff I have been trying on my Opel Astra I decided to make some adjustments to the driver and it netted me 3 seconds of my time. I finally dropped to a 1.18.2 and consistent in the 19's now. Just some minor tweaks to help with on the power rotation AKA more fount grip under acceleration and I should be good to go I think.

Had good fun in the BRZ races tonight. 5 people showed up. I made some insinuations about Spools S2000 and he promptly broke out a fresh can of whoopass on us in the BRZ races. Learned that I like having boost on but it negates the fast lap and that is probably an issue. But with the boost on it keeps the field tight and made for some great racing.

If anyone wants to joint the Sunday night thing friend request me and Argo at a minimum.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/14/14 12:58 a.m.

Ohya for next weeks Sunday night I will be killing the voice. I do like it but it does get distracting because we tend to chit chat more than we probably should. LOL

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/14/14 6:14 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

The boost was fun and kept the racing tight. I would suggest leaving it on for the Sunday races since it was created so folks could have more time getting used to racing around other cars. I would NOT suggest it for the Wednesday night series's though. I think it would promote sandbagging to get a charge on the last lap.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/14/14 6:24 a.m.

I was planning on attending last night but I guess applying wood stain in the sun for a good portion day took it out of me. I figured I could get a few practice laps in with the FRSBRZ on Wednesday. I'm eager to get practice in the GT500 car as well. I should be able to shave a couple seconds off my erratic but clean 1:22 on controller.

I anticipate that I'll be able to show up for some of the Sunday races but not as frequently as the Wednesdays. I may not be there next Sunday, depends on what time I make it home from my folks house.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
4/14/14 6:47 a.m.

That was fun last night. Since last season is over I was able to let go and push. Didn't do me much good in the BRZ but dropped 1.5 sec. in the GTR.

Dean, I am on a controller and have to use AT due to neuropathy in my hands. I made it through Season 3 using MT but my hands just won't let me do it anymore. I suspect that was why my BRZ was noticeably slower than everyone else's. I did do an oil change and we're launching the same way so I don't know what else it could be.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/14/14 6:59 a.m.

In reply to Graefin10:

You're correct. Most cars are quicker shifting after the redline, whereas the auto will always shift exactly at redline.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
4/14/14 9:21 a.m.

Im hugely off pace in GT500's... I dont know what else I can do other than follow those who are doing better.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
4/14/14 9:27 a.m.

Do you need another drivers ed class from yours truly?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/14/14 9:31 a.m.

Were you running the Z06?

I was about to but think I am going to run the RX7 Touring car. If it feels good on controller I think it will feel really good when I get behind the wheel. Ill also try a few laps with the 1970 challenger although I think that car is going to be severely outclassed. haha.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/14/14 11:32 a.m.

Nice lap Dean. 18.2 is pretty quick.

Air, what is the verdict on the HSV eligibility? Comp and I would like to know.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UberDork
4/14/14 11:42 a.m.

I'd like to see spec miata continue. We had a ton of close racing and I don't a real need to move on to new classes all the time if something works. SCCA sure doesn't.

Argo1
Argo1 Dork
4/14/14 11:49 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I'd like to see spec miata continue. We had a ton of close racing and I don't a real need to move on to new classes all the time if something works. SCCA sure doesn't.

+1 We are discussing a continuation of SM along with the new SSS BRZ series on Sunday nights. Thoughts anyone?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
4/14/14 11:51 a.m.

sure why not. even if its just a "hey anyone want to break out the spec miatas?" type race rather than something official.

onebadrsx05
onebadrsx05 Reader
4/14/14 12:28 p.m.

I thought Sundays were gonna be SM and the spec BRZ/FRS/86

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/14/14 12:35 p.m.
Argo1 wrote:
DaveEstey wrote: I'd like to see spec miata continue. We had a ton of close racing and I don't a real need to move on to new classes all the time if something works. SCCA sure doesn't.

+1 We are discussing a continuation of SM along with the new SSS BRZ series on Sunday nights. Thoughts anyone?

I would like it. I was finally getting the hang of it the last couple of races and would like to continue it forward.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
4/14/14 12:45 p.m.

I'd like to keep SM. The comfort level in those are pretty high for everyone I would think.

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/14/14 12:48 p.m.

e30Matt
e30Matt New Reader
4/14/14 12:53 p.m.

I also like the idea of keeping SM around.

You can put me down for Red cars and #88 where applicable.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/14/14 12:54 p.m.
Argo1 wrote: Air, what is the verdict on the HSV eligibility? Comp and I would like to know.

I though you were supposed to be the rules Nazi?

It certainly looks like it could be a street car (kind of the new NSX). I was wondering the same thing about the Peugeot super car thing (is there a non-prototype street version of that?). Along those lines, was the GT40 ever an actual street car? If we allow semi-street cars, what about the Cobra Daytona?

I don't have a problem with it. As long as they look like there could be a street version and they are not shown to be significantly faster then other cars. The HSV has such a nice sound to it, it's hard to turn it away. (as noted though, it is eligible for the Showroom Stock series)

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/14/14 12:55 p.m.

I ran 20 laps with a car of mine with tire and fuel ware on in a GT500 car last night hoping to bring the PP up a little and no go. I was hoping this would work like GT5 as I found a great car but the Max PP I can get it to is 595. The 5 pp take about 3/4 - 1 second off the lap times. I was in the high 19's low 20's with it consistently BUT it was no drama no hassle to drive. Unlike the Astra that always has the underlying feeling like it wants to kill me. We need to do this series again some time but do a GT300 series at say 525PP

dean1484
dean1484 PowerDork
4/14/14 1:01 p.m.

With respect to the GT500 cars. I turned away a bunch of potential cars as there are no street cars. The gyarda ding dong thing is one. There was never a street car made thus I did not run it. I did test it and you can get it up to the 600PP and it is fun to drive and yes it is fast.

Also what about the McLaren F1 thing (Full bodied car not the F1 formula one cars. There is a BMW one as well) that you can get it down to the 600PP and it is a fast car but is it legal since there was no road car that I am aware of.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/14/14 1:07 p.m.

Yup, the new model does not appear to do "break in" on new engines. It just goes straight to full PP.

BTW Spool: this was my minor "cheat" that I mentioned. Build a car to a pp, then rebuild the engine right before the race and don't leave the track. Your PP will go up as the race goes on and end up with an illegally high PP at the end of the race.

Also of note: Not being able to use tire wear might be a good thing at this point. Apparently there is still a bug that makes tires changed at pit stops wear very quickly. The obvious tactic at that point would be to do whatever you can do not to have to stop (which would favor lighter / lower power cars).

Advan046
Advan046 HalfDork
4/14/14 1:13 p.m.

So what are we doing Wednesday of this week?

Practice of GT500 I assume at Madrid?

Or is it a week of playing around?

I have zero time on this series' cars. So if I get some time before wednesday I want to test in a meaningful way.

Advan046
Advan046 HalfDork
4/14/14 1:15 p.m.

In the modern era of GT rules there is lots of difficulty determining what GT cars are derived from an actual production car.

Anything after the actual production volume homologation rules were removed is suspect.

I suppose we will have to test and declare ringers as we find them.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 112
Our Preferred Partners
y4rvNUWQ7nSymrANYg8rCETSDkGWabH0WMK69RWUHt93lnCc2G4Cq1UgxsWfEUDx