1 ... 6 7 8
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/24/15 6:00 p.m.

Yes, that is the 5 dissimilar cars.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/24/15 6:16 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: @ Argo I see a new avatar do tell!!!!

Yeah. Currently driving a Camaro SS. Not bad. 426hp is good. Like the looks of the new hood vent.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/24/15 8:51 p.m.
Espartan wrote: Interesting thing is I can't find the base M3 racecar either - it is not in the BMW dealership for me. Am I missing something?

It was some hidden car. You had to either complete a seasonal or buy one of the other BMWs. Try to Google it. I forget how it worked. But after buying car x the base model shows up in the dealership.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/24/15 8:53 p.m.
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/15 11:38 p.m.

So Sunday is going to be drivers choice and a tuner of some sort. Humm. How about 475 pp spec miata? Air what was the max pp of your na Miata? If we do this i want to keep below that by a bit of a margin.

dean1484
8/24/15 11:51 p.m.

@ Air. You are going to find that with out weight added to the M3 tire and fuel use goes way down so 15 min races are only a single stop. Pritty much a drive it like you stole it to the mid point then pit and repeat. With the added weight you would be looking at possibly qualifying on RS then start on RS and short pit to rm or try and stretch the RS with carful driving. Also track selection is critical. Spa is easy on tires but sucks gass where as apricot hill grinds the tires off the car long before fuel is an issue. With out the added weight I think these two things will be less of a factor. Needless to say I recommend running when with the 100 kg. It also can be used as a HC by adding or subtracting weight depending on how you want to do the HC.

e30Matt
e30Matt HalfDork
8/25/15 10:08 a.m.

I hope to be able to participate in this series but it looks like I may only be able to run on Wednesdays at this point. I'll definitely miss week 1 as we don't have internet at the new place yet, but hope to be able to jump in after that.

dean1484
8/25/15 3:43 p.m.

So for Wednesday if we have time can we test the Spec Miata's tuned to 475PP. I think we were on SM tires? Get it.. . SM for SM. . .. . Anyway.. . ...

Same tuning rules as before (standard GRM tuning rules) Did we allow aero on the SM cars? I would like to NOT allow added aero as it is not allowed in the SCCA SM rules I believe.

A note to the new people. The NA cars were faster in a strait line but are not that great in the corners. The NC is a much better handling car but lacks over all speed. The NB cars did nothing very well. So in short we recommend either a na or nc.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
8/25/15 8:34 p.m.

If tomorrow is more testing then I will probably miss it as well. The s2k needs some love after the past 2 weekends. Then I'll miss the race on the 9th, going to the solo nationals to get my ass kicked in real life!!!

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/26/15 8:54 a.m.

Soooooo.... since there is all this testing (instead of racing) going on. Does anyone have time to post up some video's of great racing from last season?

Either youtube or downloadable replay files are cool PLEASSSSEEEE.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
8/26/15 9:04 a.m.

Redbull ring week seemed to garner a lot of comments about great racing.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/26/15 11:21 a.m.

I will have to look and see what I have. I was did manage not to save a lot of races this last season though.

TONIGHT:

Bring the BMW race car so we can do a test of a full race. Try to get in early if you want to do some setup since I would like to jump into the qualifying / race fairly quickly.

Also bring a 475pp Miata (we messed with these a while back) so we can try those again. We NEED to nail down next season tonight.

Saw this post online ( ):

I once titled my lobby "Nightmare Run". The race is about who can cross the finish line using the Audi Auto Union before the Nurb become pitch black. And its very wet and raining too.

I know Spool would be totally into this.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/26/15 11:22 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: If tomorrow is more testing then I will probably miss it as well. The s2k needs some love after the past 2 weekends. Then I'll miss the race on the 9th, going to the solo nationals to get my ass kicked in real life!!!

Just testing.

Please post some sort of video of this. I am sure we would all LOVE to see you getting your butt kicked (we clearly never see it around here.... )

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/26/15 10:44 p.m.

A quick summary of what we are doing. I will fill in more later.

Wednesday:

• M5 Fuel and Tire, 1500kg min, 575pp, ~6 min sprint race (50% points, grid reverse of standings), ~20 min race (grid from sprint finish, 150% points), 100kg removal for bottom two starters.
  • Grab bag (potpourri), full stock, no mods

Sunday:

• Miata 425pp, SM tires.
  • Drivers choice ($130,000), defined modifications allowed (tires, suspension etc), no adjustments allowed. Car choice inverse of standings.

Pick order for Drivers Choice (Sunday Point totals for both series):

• Dean - 232.00
  • Sauce - 227.00
  • Air - 225.00
  • Mudd - 208.00
  • Clutch - 138.00
  • NW - 135.00
  • Argo - 127.00
  • Keith - 116.00
  • comp - 98.00
dean1484
8/27/15 12:19 a.m.

Air slight modification to the drivers choice ruels

First off lets up the number to $130,000. This lets you put nos on a car(yes I am looking at you air). So what that means is you have $130,000 to spend on a car and all mods.

Second. You can add any kind of suspension but no tuning of it. This means that if you want the race suspension fine but it has to be in stock or as delivered. Same for dif's etc. You can upgrade to a tunable part but no tuning of the part. The only exception to this is the trans. This can be tuned but please share your setting for the track.

So in short you can get a cool faster car and add a trans and tires or get a cool cheep car and add NOS and a trans and no tires.

Or somthing in the middle.

I will see about getting a car posted for tomorow night to give people a chance to practice. Since I don't know the track I will be holding off on the trans. I am leaning towards a autobac road car. I will have to see. If no track is chosen I propose midfield forward as we all know it and all seem to like it and it seems to work well with a wide range of cars.

People should have there car choice posted on the Tuesday before the Sunday they are to be used so we can mess with them after the Wednesday race. Earlier is better. Also there is no harm in posting up your car choice early.

Oil changes count towards the budget as do any other services.

mrmudd583
mrmudd583 Reader
8/27/15 12:28 a.m.

Ok here's my car choice . Oullim Motorsports Spirra Prototype 04 80,000 credits Oil change Sports medium tires Racing brakes Racing tranny Stage 2 weight reduction Totall mod cost 49,900 Pp should be at 500 set up like this . I was looking for something weird and odd that most likely no one had and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly

dean1484
8/27/15 12:33 a.m.

Ohhhhh I like that Mudd

dean1484
8/27/15 12:34 a.m.

By the way this is open to all types of cars. Street or race and prototypes. Only cost is the limiting factor

dean1484
8/27/15 12:38 a.m.

Painting and wheel changes are not a budget item. When ever possible please pick cars that are paintable. Not the end of the world if your car choice is not but the race promoter's like different color cars (better photos) and it makes knowing who is comming up behind you easier.

dean1484
8/27/15 2:59 p.m.

Ok the good is I don't have to do an IR scan tonight so I should have plenty of time to sort a car for Sunday.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/27/15 4:06 p.m.

BTW Dean. Thought you would be interested. Apparently (I did not realize at the time) I may have spotted a rather famous Dino at an airshow recently:

Car was stolen, buried for years, dug up, then restored.

dean1484
8/27/15 9:49 p.m.

Ok my car selection is:

Tommykaira ZZII '00

Add the following

• Sport soft tires.

• Trans set to 193

• Fully adjustable suspension with no adjustments

Nothing else. No oil change!!!!

Total cost is $107,000.

• 572 pp

• 542 hp

• 1000 kg

Practice laps at Midfield forward I was running 1:09s.

I really like this car. Fast enough to be entertaining. Has enough race car in I to be lots of fun. Very fast car for the $$$$. The sports soft make it slip enough so you still have to drive it.

dean1484
8/27/15 10:10 p.m.

So wait Keith needs so post up a choice asap. I missed the inverse note air.

dean1484
8/27/15 10:12 p.m.

@Air

I remember that car. There was a tv show about it. They only got to the point of digging it up.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/28/15 10:36 a.m.

Dean. I came up with a quick list of tracks. Since the order does not matter and you have the first car choice, if you want to pick your track for Sunday, please do. Same goes for anyone else. Here is what I have now:

• Tokyo R246
  • Circuito di Roma / Reverse
  • Apricot Hill Raceway / Reverse
  • Grand Valley Speedway
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course
  • Silverstone International Circuit
  • Nürburgring GP/F
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Trial Mountain Circuit
  • Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

I am open to any change suggestions also.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2tQPabhZW7AzploXyju8gTh0sy4XYOjtehbzCq7hh6CMykqEp3nnny6noBh6omw