1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/3/20 8:17 p.m.

PC3 looks like it may be more of a video game than trying to be a simulator. The trailer focuses on streetcars on roads and showcases a pitt manuever. Strange. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/4/20 7:15 a.m.

Over analyzing the quotes, it seems like PC2 physics with more of a GTSport single player campaign. 

Looks like custom liveries are coming to Project Cars... So, the Orange Torpedo can return. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/4/20 10:33 a.m.

I wasn't sure if it was a full livery editor though.  It looked like it may be a larger selection of liveries with the addition of stickers / decals etc.  That might be the same thing though because that is effectively what GT is (the "stickers" can be very large).

The same group that makes this game makes other much more "game like" games (e.g. Fast and Furious game).  I would guess it will not lean too "game like" because that would put in right in the same demo as a number of other games.  I would hope they need to realize they need to stay more on the sim side (like Assetto Corsa) rather then the Shift side (GT kind of sits in the middle).  Competing directly with GT also seems like a very bad idea (unless they can keep the sole of the original game intact).

There was little indication of classic cars (someone noted they saw a 356 clone looking car).  I see no reason why they would not be in it though, they already have all the models built.

The addition of the ability to modify cars (tires, cams, suspension etc) and "performance points" could go a long way to make things more dynamic and helpful with classes of cars that clearly are not equal.  It's honestly one of the most interesting parts of the original GT series (which they removed for GT sport). As always, its rather difficult to make that fully accurate.

I also kind of like some of the challenge or game things in the previous GT (like the see how far you can get down the road thing).  It was a good and easy way to have other non sim race types get to play with it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/4/20 11:21 a.m.

This goes a long way to quell my fears:

Ian Bell CEO SMS, Executive Director Codemasters.@bell_sms

Project CRS 3 is a game changer. All of the sim you could want with all of the fun you could want. Handling is massively improved, input on pads is transformed and FFB is amazing. The career mode is massively involved. I hope you all enjoy. We're proud here.

Replying to @bell_sms

Sad to say the it looks from the trailer it's very much more arcade sim than a true sim. If so I'm disappointed

Ian Bell CEO SMS, Executive Director Codemasters.@bell_sms

It isn't. Same base physics upgraded, and consolidated.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/4/20 1:16 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Sounds promising, but I'm not convinced that Ian Bell is a person of his word, but he should certainly know what's in his game.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/4/20 1:20 p.m.

"handling massively improved" could be bad.

BradLTL
6/4/20 1:56 p.m.

I'll buy it when it comes out and test it. I'll let you know if it's worth buying. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/4/20 6:27 p.m.

Fun fact, the Logitech G Challenge 2020 started this week.  It's Time Trial only and available in the seasonal events area.  No idea whatsoever on how the scoring is done or how one qualifies for the regional final, but it's nice that it's time trial and not a half-day commitment every weekend.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/4/20 6:36 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I see you moved up to P2! Cool.

I did two laps at Indy. Not enough to re-learn braking and turn in points. Nether lap was clean and both were really slow.

I really do not enjoy that car, so I doubt I will give it a try. My best time last year that I captured on RS Dash was only a 1:24.6 and that was in Quali for the race. So, I'd have to pick up a lot of time to even be in the ballpark. That car needs some setup changes to make it drive the way I'd like it to drive.

BradLTL
6/4/20 6:49 p.m.
aircooled said:

"handling massively improved" could be bad.

I guess that depends on the car. Street cars are terrible. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
6/4/20 11:02 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

P2 but still the better part of 1s behind the leader.  There is something about this track that I'm just not getting, comparing to other TT times I'm off pace.  Looking at people from the logitech series last year either everyone has gotten way faster or I'm just sucking it up, and I'm half a second faster than I was last year.  

As for enjoyment, it's like the tuna at Toretto's market.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/6/20 9:51 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Don't be a buster. I did 2 timed laps, both in the 1:26's. I was granny shifting and not double clutching like I should. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/10/20 6:52 p.m.

Are we running to night?  

Are we drinking tonight? (I have a potent dark beer I can "use")

Should be a riot!   (too soon?)

BradLTL
6/10/20 7:27 p.m.

Yes

Yes

Maybe

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/10/20 10:43 p.m.

That was fun. I needed that. 

BradLTL
6/10/20 11:38 p.m.

That was hilarious.... 

I'd like to tell you about my race, but all I can remember is the Yelp review of Air getting it from behind by TJ.

Also, I went ahead and updated the points that don't really matter if you are keeping up.  Those of you that stayed on late will know what the next series is... the rest will have to wait and wonder.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/11/20 8:55 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

The funny part is that I hit Air on the side, not the rear. He was making me work for it and after s few corners, I didn't want to wait around for Sauce to catch me, so I attempted a Kevin Estre pass by going into the grass a bit. Was going swimingly until I found the ground was a bit bumpy. Came back onto track right into Air. 

I made it the whole race with one spin when I tried an inside move on dark, a trip through the sand on the final lap when I was going to kill Brad as I was going at qualli pace trying to get fastest lap, the air incident and other than that just some minor bobbles. 

Those cars are easy to drive once you adjust to them. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/11/20 8:55 a.m.

Sorry I missed out last night. Has some work stuff come up. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/11/20 9:09 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

You missed a fun one. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/11/20 10:48 a.m.
T.J. said:

In reply to BradLTL :

...He was making me work for it and after s few corners, I didn't want to wait around for Sauce to catch me...

A little bit of information for Mr Backdoor Man:  I had NO IDEA you where there!   surprise

Yes Dean, you missed a good one.  For some reason DarkWingDuck was taking it all in with stride, he took a bit of abuse, ESPECIALLY because he finished 3rd to a couple rather drunk guys (one of which has little respect for fellow drivers rear end).  devil

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/11/20 11:50 a.m.

I wonder if PC3 will allowsaving replays of 1 hr racesor if that is some PS4 limitation. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/11/20 12:11 p.m.

Yes, that would be a nice fix.  I don't think we had issues recording the GT5 races, right?

Oh, and I was messing around with the Lotus 7 car last night before the race.  It really is a different experience when you drive the cars with the shifter, it adds a lot more dynamics (imperfect shifting causes all sorts of weight and suspension movements).  Of course, I eventually realized that car looks to have a sequential shifter, but it still totally works as a 5 speed.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/11/20 1:17 p.m.

Just replace Swede with drunk Sauce, Gunny Hightower with Darking and Jones with Air.

Darking, if you're gonna hang out with a bunch of old dudes, you'd better study up on your 80's pop culture references. laugh

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/12/20 10:06 a.m.
BradLTL said:
Those of you that stayed on late will know what the next series is... the rest will have to wait and wonder.

Wondering. Any hints?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/12/20 10:27 a.m.

Mark Hamill drove one in movie.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m9kGRqtvNtgV99OppNpla6RDdCCWAwub4zncwvEdOEZJKz4UZQDfk0OlSX40u8Xd