1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
1/19/18 2:56 p.m.

I say drop the penalties and race dick, err, director and just save the race replay in case any incidents need reviewing. We did that forever with the GT leagues. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/19/18 3:27 p.m.

I'm fine with dropping penalties... now for the real question: Do we restore Argo's 3rd place finish, or make him suffer?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/19/18 6:35 p.m.

So, does anyone have a target lap time yet?  I'm actually going to get a bit of practice for this one but have no idea what kinds of times are reasonable.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/19/18 8:13 p.m.

You can leave me in 8th.  I have to travel for work next week as well. I will miss.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/18 9:33 p.m.

I am around but have not turned on GT6 in a month. This is my crazy season for work. I am wanting to get in and play the PC game but know that at the moment I just don’t have the time. The only reason I kept on with GT6 for so long was I did not really need to do any testing or tuning. And I knew most of the tracks so I was up to speed in a lap or two.

Don’t  worry I am checking this thread regularly and will be joining you all as soon as I can. 

Argo1
1/19/18 10:05 p.m.
e30Matt said:

So, does anyone have a target lap time yet?  I'm actually going to get a bit of practice for this one but have no idea what kinds of times are reasonable.

You can use this link to find out just how slow we all are.  It works for all tracks and all cars:

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/20/18 12:16 a.m.

Thanks Argo.  I'm still trying to learn settings/setups and that lets me know how far off pace I actually am.  Knowing almost nothing about actual vehicle tuning is starting to be come an issue, there are WAY too many things to change in this game.  It's both better and worse than the GT series, and definitely has a steep learning curve.

BradLTL
1/20/18 5:55 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I posted a suspension calculator in the other PCars threads. It’s mostly for springs and dampers but it can help some. And the in-game help isn’t terrible if you take the time to read it. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/20/18 2:25 p.m.
BradLTL said:

In reply to e30Matt :

I posted a suspension calculator in the other PCars threads. It’s mostly for springs and dampers but it can help some. And the in-game help isn’t terrible if you take the time to read it. 

Thanks, I had forgotten about that.  I played with it a bit and it did help me sort out one issue I was having and improved pace a bit as well.  I also figured out why I was having so much trouble under braking, my pedals weren't calibrated properly so minimum brake force was 40% and it hit 100% brake at about 70% travel.  It wasn't as apparent at the last track since the brake zones were short and straight, but at this track it was causing some serious issues.

At this point I really need to work on consistency and not overdriving the car.  My strategy in GT has always been go 110% and see what sticks, then dial back until you find the limit.  That really doesn't work for PC2 and is taking some adjustment.  That said, I'm actually really enjoying the challenge of working up to speed and getting used to the car, track, physics, tire temps, setup changes, etc.  It's a lot, but once you get it right (even if it's only once) it's quite rewarding.

Argo1
1/20/18 4:12 p.m.

I agree that PC2 is tougher but more rewarding once you start to get it sorted out.  I even started to really enjoy the GT3 cars by the end of that series.  You are right that it does not reward overdriving.

BradLTL
1/20/18 4:45 p.m.

I never really had an issue with the GT3 cars. They don’t take a lot of slip angle but I prefer a more stable car setup anyway. 

You have to work to earn a good setup, but once you do it’s satisfying. Then not screwing up in the race is very rewarding. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/20/18 7:17 p.m.

Brad, I can take a shot at hosting on Wednesday.  You will need to give me a bit of a primer and post all the relevant settings.  I will need to invite everyone, so I will need a username entry list as well as making sure they are all on my friends list.

Make sure to run through the invite process also.

BradLTL
1/21/18 9:50 a.m.

Here's the host settings, screen by screen...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/22/18 11:30 a.m.

How do I invite people to the room?  Is that done through the PS operating system?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/22/18 1:55 p.m.

Do we want to run this as an official race or as practice and save the points race for next week when Brad and Argo are back? It obviously benefits those of us who can make it to run as scheduled, but missing 2 of the 5 or 6 drivers makes a pretty big difference both in the race and in season points since it doesn't look like there are drops. I'm fine either way, but wanted to gets others opinions. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/22/18 4:59 p.m.

Hmmm, interesting idea.  It would probably be a bit unfair to just practice that track all night, and a bit boring.  Anything you really want to try?  The Clios and RallyX cars were pretty stupid fun.  I of course always like anything old and sloppy.

My best time at Snetterton so far is 1:21.4.   That does involve a bit of drifting in some of the braking zones, so I would not consider that a good average!

BradLTL
1/22/18 5:06 p.m.
aircooled said:

How do I invite people to the room?  Is that done through the PS operating system?

Once in the lobby, hit R2 and it’ll drop to your friends list and let you select people. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/22/18 5:23 p.m.

It definitely wasn't clear from my post but I'm not proposing running the same car/track combo. As for what else to do I'm pretty open. 

I think my best lap is in the low 1:21's, though I've been most focused on making the car drivable and running consistent and clean laps rather than one lap pace. 

BradLTL
1/22/18 9:42 p.m.
e30Matt said:

Do we want to run this as an official race or as practice and save the points race for next week when Brad and Argo are back? 

It’s up to you guys. I want to keep battling  with you guys but at the same time...

Argo1
1/23/18 12:09 a.m.

And here I thought I was safe and wouldn't have to figure out that Coram/ Murray turn complex...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/23/18 11:58 a.m.

I think it will be a fun track with a crowd, so we should try and keep the crowd as big as possible.

For Wednesday, I am thinking of a possible throwback to a GT6 series:

I will play with it a bit and see what other car options I can open up (it shows as a Road Car on the website).  Something classic "murica" for the track, like Road America or Watkins Glen.

Let me know if you have any preferences.  I will set the room up with a very long practice, with a short qualifying and shortish' race (say 10 min?)

What happens when the race is finished.  Can you restart it?  Or do you need to go through the whole sequence again?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
1/23/18 9:11 p.m.

I'm probably out for tomorrow as well. Sauce Jr. has the flu and this is crunch time for a major project at work. I was ahead of schedule til the sickness, now it's looking like evenings are for working. 

BradLTL
1/23/18 9:29 p.m.
e30Matt said:

I'm probably out for tomorrow as well. Sauce Jr. has the flu and this is crunch time for a major project at work. I was ahead of schedule til the sickness, now it's looking like evenings are for working. 

Ugh. That sucks. Take care of the little dude. 

I’m on a business trip and 3 of the 4 people I’m meeting with are out with the flu or “stomach flu”.

Argo1
1/23/18 10:51 p.m.

The flu is all over.  I'm on a business trip and I'm walking up to a restaurant tonight to get dinner and someone has puked all over the walkway by the entrance door.  Yeah, I think I'll move on....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/24/18 1:16 a.m.

So, just Rotary and me?  Maybe Spool if he's not binge watching the golden girls?

I think I might try an open room and see who shows up.  I will try and send invites if I see anyone online.  Look for a room with GRM in the title if I don't invite you.

Rotary, I don't think you are on my friends list, what is you PSN ID (The PS4 had a recently meet list, I will have to look to see if the PS4 has that.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5VxL7TEZPVRtPhFLQ4y7aXhLeDNojHG5FyGfUP2KlDPoRC4mWU90FpmcRaiIvSf1