1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/16/18 8:04 a.m.

I don't really know Silverstone, so I started doing some practice on it and it is a night and day difference from Brands. It is like driving on an 8 lane interstate compared to the narrow bit of asphalt that is Brands Hatch. I am happy with my tune at the Hatch, it is just a matter of where I can qualify and then whether or not I can go the full 30 minutes without any spins or off.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/18 9:56 a.m.

I've got the Huracan about as good as it's going to get. I can get into the high 25s with full tanks and .5 under that with the qualifying setup. Like TJ, now it will be down to the consistency of the nut behind the wheel.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/16/18 10:40 a.m.

I think I've figured out the tire situation and can run softs for a 30 minute race without much issue, though I've still got a couple things I want to try. As of now I'm running consistently in the mid to low 25's, 24's if I'm pushing it, and qualifying will probably be in the 23's. 

Brad, what time of day is your start time? That can make a big difference in track temp, lap times, and tire wear. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/18 10:44 a.m.

I saw Sauce put up a lap in the 23's last nigh. I am low 26's with the new tune with a full fuel load.  I am hoping that Sauces lap was a one off qualifying lap. Both of us ran mock 30 min races and that was the most interesting due to the temps dropping and the track getting cold.  I had to make adjustments to my base fuel load as well.      

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/16/18 11:14 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It was on a low fuel qualifying setup. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/18 12:03 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

All races start at 13:00

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/16/18 1:30 p.m.
BradLTL said:

In reply to e30Matt :

All races start at 13:00

Except for Sauce, who should start at 13:01 or so to give the rest of us a bit of a head start.laugh

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/16/18 5:54 p.m.

I set the AIs to 100/30 and that makes for a more exciting race. They drive faster during quali, but not hard to take pole. I spun and went back to 4th with 17 minutes to go. Took a couple laps to pass P3 and P2 then had to make up 8 seconds to catch the leader. Eventually won by 8 seconds. 

I don't think having the AI cranked up to 100 makes sense for the league races, but makes for good practice. 

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
4/16/18 6:10 p.m.

I played a bit this afternoon and only managed a 26.4 in race trim. The car is a bit pushy here, but if I try to tune it out it becomes a spin fest. While it’s an unpleasant driving experience, it’s easy to manage. The track is super narrow and I expect most passes will take place due to mistakes. 

BradLTL
4/16/18 6:51 p.m.
T.J. said:

I set the AIs to 100/30 and that makes for a more exciting race. They drive faster during quali, but not hard to take pole. I spun and went back to 4th with 17 minutes to go. Took a couple laps to pass P3 and P2 then had to make up 8 seconds to catch the leader. Eventually won by 8 seconds. 

I don't think having the AI cranked up to 100 makes sense for the league races, but makes for good practice. 

The hope is that we have enough people that the AI goes away. But if you have an issue or are off pace for whatever reason it’s nice to have the AI there to race with. I actually think the game does a reasonably good job at spreading the field so that you shouldn’t spend an entire race by yourself. 

Last week I managed to work my way up to 5th before blasting into the pit lane. It was good to have a target in front of me the whole race. 

dean1484
4/16/18 8:12 p.m.

I think the AI puts one of “those guys” in the AI field and I happened to find him. Or the AI just hates Bentley drivers. laugh

Argo1
4/16/18 10:58 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

SMS has said that they give each AI driver unique style, skill, and aggression.  I suppose that if you raced with them long enough you would begin to learn certain names to give extra space.

dean1484
4/18/18 4:40 a.m.

I am a 50/50 for tonight.  Very early day so I may be on fumes by the time we race.  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/18/18 7:12 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Hope you make it Dean. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/18/18 7:19 a.m.

I found out from racing the AIs at varying levels that I am much better off running my own pace and not getting caught up trying to hold off or keep up with faster drivers. I saw about a pound difference in tire pressures when I raced with the AIs at 100/45 as I see with them set at 85/40 based on much higher brake temps and not sliding as much. Keeping up with them at 100 is like a 30 min qualifying lap for me and results in mistakes.. If I back off a second a lap or so I can usually go 30 mins with no spins or offs. I can hopefully remember this during the actual race. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/18/18 11:24 a.m.
dean1484 said:

I am a 50/50 for tonight.  Very early day so I may be on fumes by the time we race.  

I also am probably 50/50. I managed to stupidly injure my foot on a playground with Sauce Jr. a couple days ago and due to one piece being on backorder still haven't updated my network. 

It's probably best for my foot healing if I don't race, but I'm not a smart person. That said, if I do get on and the result is that TJ can't get in or gets kicked I'll back out and let him have it. 

dean1484
4/18/18 9:56 p.m.

The AI in this game sucks. I am probably done with this sim until they fix this. Leading with two laps left and I can keep tj behind me at will.  I was cruising. In fact I was getting a little sloppy because I was going 9/10 to make sure I did not burn my tires off and then a lap car takes me out. WTF is all I have to say. 

BradLTL
4/18/18 10:05 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

You had 35 seconds on me, all you had to do was right yourself to finish 2nd. 

dean1484
4/18/18 10:11 p.m.

Second is first looser

dean1484
4/18/18 10:13 p.m.

I was nose in the barrier jammed there by the other car don't think I was was getting out fast. Not sure and don’t care at the moment. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/18/18 10:15 p.m.

After my self inflicted off on lap 1, I was waaay back in P12. I finally worked back up to P2 and followed Dean for a good number of laps, but I had no way to get by him other than to hope for a mistake. Dean's agony felt like Christmas morning to me as I found myself with a big lead with 2 laps to go. Just had to take it easy and finish. I managed to not save the replay, so I need to wait for Brad to re-live the backmarker incident. I was going to be happy with 2nd after fighting back from 12th. 

dean1484
4/18/18 10:28 p.m.

The only place you had a chance TJ was turn two and I was probably slowing more there than needed just to make sure to not give you the inside line the one time you caught me the rest of the time I was just cruising. If you got with in a second I opened it up again to three seconds or so. I had been carful to be smooth and drive with out sliding the car for the first 18-20 minuets. I watched you slowly close but I did not care until I had a minor goof in turn one getting you to about 5 seconds. At that point I realized you were pushing but I was not so I just crused watching my mirrors. When you got close I just hammered down for a couple corners and stretched it out again. Then we ran up on the lap car and it was really slow. It went wide in the corner and as soon as I committed it came back down. I tried to avoid it by going over the curb with my right side. We just touched a little but the speed differences was so great that it put both of us in to an immediate spin off to the right.  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/18/18 10:40 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I was never going to get around you in turn 2, but I liked trying to pressure you there a bit. You would pull away on every straight and my tires were not so great. I was just resigned to following and trying to stay close enough if an opportunity arose to be able to take advantage of it. 

My original plan was to try to conserve tires in the beginning and be able to push at the end, but that went out the window on lap 1. 

BradLTL
4/18/18 10:47 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Second is first looser

And on that note I finished 2nd.

Also, points and replay are posted.

Argo1
4/18/18 11:42 p.m.
dean1484 said:

The AI in this game sucks. I am probably done with this sim until they fix this. Leading with two laps left and I can keep tj behind me at will.  I was cruising. In fact I was getting a little sloppy because I was going 9/10 to make sure I did not burn my tires off and then a lap car takes me out. WTF is all I have to say. 

What sucks is missing the race because one of your managers blows out his knee playing basketball with his kids....  Anyway, you got a bit of a raw deal with that AI car running wide and slowing just in front of your battle with TJ.  That being said, there wasn't a space to stick your Bentley in there.  You would have had to whoa up and hope TJ didn't get a run.  You were doing a really good job of holding him off and only had to make that Bentley really wide a couple of times.  Fun to watch but would have been more fun to participate.  What was the pole time?

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4rh3ptaChvBWBtUc64SusQIuX6SORvjSSlBCgweXzs8dqFOhimBr9elcrkYYxLUW