1 2 3 4 ... 24
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/18 7:13 p.m.

Ok maybe I will go with the Cadillac we will see. It is faster than the Bentley. 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/18 9:20 p.m.

I have no frikkin' clue what is going on with my network all of the sudden.  I can connect to the internet, but it won't reach PSN.  

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/28/18 10:29 p.m.

Lessons from tonight:  Rolling starts = No bueno.  Massive turn one pile up caused by dive bomb AI cars.

Whatever the AI settings were, they spent the night crashing all of us out.

Night qualifying messed with track temps and tire pressures.  Handling was all over the place as these cars are sensitive to pressures.  We don't need the extra challenge of different track temps in each session.

In the end we finished 10, 11, 12, 13.

dean1484
3/29/18 12:04 a.m.

I learned that I am going to drive the Bentley. Sauce and I tested and I was much faster in it.  I may try my tune in one of the other Bentley’s as there are actually livery choices with those. 

dean1484
3/29/18 12:07 a.m.

Argo just sandbag qualifying and you can end up in the back like me. I got to watch the fun. 

Another idea is to add in gt4 cars so some of the bots will pick those. It would spread out the bot field a bit.  At very least I think the bot aggression needs to be turned down and that may solve some of the issues we have been having with the bots. 

dean1484
3/29/18 12:10 a.m.

I actually did not mind the night qualifying. It was kind of cool with the track lighting.  I was so far off in the Cadillac that I don’t think it made a difference in my qualifying times. 

BradLTL
3/29/18 7:16 a.m.

Qualifying shouldn’t have been at night. I’ll check to see if that was my mistake or something that happened when the host transferred when I got kicked. I set all the sessions to start at the same time so setups should be consistent.

The AI aggression is set lower than the Formula Rookie series. I’ll turn down their speed to 65 and we can see if that makes a difference. At worst they shouldn’t be close enough to dive bomb. I feel like things have changed in the latest update with AI and the VoIP settings. 

We can go back to standing starts. 

If we could just get a few more folks to commit we could get rid of the AI altogether. I’m looking at you... TJ, Paul, Spool, Chaduex, Rotarian....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/29/18 8:45 a.m.

So, we are looking for low 20s on tire pressure right?

I got the 911 handling somewhat decent, Still likes to burn the front tires on turn in. I am still getting the unrecoverable spin thing though.  I played with it a bit last night. The car can go into a (tire) drift and hold that for a bit, but that will eventually turn into a skidding drift that makes the rear tires have zero traction, even with various levels of power. Counter steer seems to have almost zero effect. I was only successful in saving them when driving very slow and being super light on the gas.

Clearly I have a fair amount of time in very tail heavy cars and am no stranger to oversteer.  This characteristic these cars show (and others in the game) makes no sense to me.  Even with super sticky AutoX tires and less than modern suspension, skids where pretty easy to control in my car.  They only real spin I ever had was the result of a high speed tank slapper.  I am sure the higher speeds of these cars makes a difference, but as noted, it’s not like this whole spin process is super fast, it’s just un-recoverable when it happens.

I can see some strange issues with mid engines car spins, but the again, in a 50/50 weight distribution car, they should not want to spin at all.  I drove my friends RX7 once and lost it in a corner.  That damn thing just did a perfect 4 wheel skid, with no rotation at all! (single data point of course)

i know, I know, just drive slower!  I just really hate driving cars without any corner rotation.  I, and the game, had no issue with the very tail heavy and drift happy Formula Juniors, those things rotated though corners great. I am suspicious the aero in these cars is messing them up.  Is this a realistic portrait effect of aero?  I don’t know, but it does seems a bit strange that only the rear aero seems to be effected.

BradLTL
3/29/18 8:50 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

You could just take the aero off the car 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/29/18 9:21 a.m.

I am not sure you can turn it fully down, but it would be worth a test.

dean1484
3/29/18 1:16 p.m.

The way I read it with the bot settings is that you could keep the bots speed/skill (maybe turn it down a little to say 70 or 75) but turn down the aggression down a bunch.   

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
3/29/18 1:40 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Efff some GT3 cars. Those have zero appeal after trying them for the other series. 

BradLTL
3/29/18 2:44 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It’s down to 35 of 120. I suppose we could 0 it out and see how they drive. Moving chicanes aren’t great for racing either. 

Argo1
3/29/18 2:53 p.m.

Air, I had a pretty decent setup at the end of last season on the 911 with no bad habits. It probably isn't as loose as you like it but you could probably tweak that. I will send it to you.

BradLTL
3/29/18 2:58 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Efff some GT3 cars. Those have zero appeal after trying them for the other series. 

If only we had a discussion about the next series should be before deciding. Some kind of thread in an open forum where people could express their opinions.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/29/18 3:21 p.m.
Spoolpigeon said:

In reply to BradLTL :

Preach brother!  

BTW Spool, I still need to show off my 911 livery to you and your group.  I think they would really appreciate it.  Let me know when you guys are online and I can stop by.  I haven’t been messing with GTS much lately so I am not online much.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
3/29/18 4:57 p.m.
BradLTL said:
Spoolpigeon said:

In reply to BradLTL :

If only we had a discussion about the next series should be before deciding. Some kind of thread in an open forum where people could express their opinions.

Haha yeah I know. Honestly I haven’t touched the game since the last time I joined you guys. 

BradLTL
3/29/18 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

Democracy kinda sucks. If I did whatever I wanted we be running a multi class series with Group C and Group A. 

After this series, GT3s will put up for awhile. 

dean1484
3/29/18 6:31 p.m.

I want to look at the LMP cars. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/29/18 6:31 p.m.

Ok, I am in. May not be able to make it every week due to work travel. Signed up for PS plus today. Will figure out a car by Wednesday. 

dean1484
3/29/18 7:54 p.m.

I don’t know Air. It sounds like Spool may be a little scared to step up his game and come race with us. smiley

dean1484
3/29/18 7:59 p.m.

Spool I found your car

Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny. 

No really it is a real car in the game. 

Argo1
3/29/18 10:05 p.m.

I seem to remember that Spool had quite and adventure in his one outing in a GT3 car at Sears Point.  He didn't just jump in and go fast like he expected.  Hmmmm...  What would be the real reason Spool won't be joining us?

I can totally feel the love for this GT3 series.  Brad put it up just how I planned it - except, of course, for all the cool features and rules.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/29/18 10:56 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Spool I found your car

Real car in the game?.... look in his driveway!

dean1484
3/30/18 6:38 a.m.
aircooled said:
dean1484 said:

Spool I found your car

Real car in the game?.... look in his driveway!

laugh

1 2 3 4 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kyCKyHfVHURPuckMd5XUpv35vboIKjDYgbgGv7eojarVOdw8q2sZ8lf0o8xAPXlK