1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/20/18 2:03 p.m.
T.J. said:

So, I loaded up GT5 and watched the replay. In the miata race, I finished 2nd behind Apexcarver and was in 2nd most of the race. Also finished 2nd in the SBC race in my Marcos. That series was in 2011. 

Was the SBC the battle against me in the super mini?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/20/18 2:12 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

LOL, I don't know, I didn't watch that replay other than the first lap. I started on the outside of the 1st row and went into T1 in the lead. Did my usual line where I went for a late apex and ended up coming out of T1 in 4th or 5th with the whole right side of my car dented and smudged.Got hit by 2 or 3 cars as they got by me on the inside. I think the only car behind me after T1 was air in his 2002 turbo. Apexcarver (Lotus Elan), Nick (Some old Izuzu I think), Swank (a pink celica?), Brad (Mini), Graefin (white Cosmos) and whoever else was in that race all passed me in T1. GTPCAMikazee may have been in that one as well since he was in the miata race. Not the best start. I couldn't bear to watch anymore of that one, but I ended up finishing 2nd in that one too, so maybe that was the one where I gained several spots right at the end. All I know is that from 2011 until now, I never had a win until Zolder in a GRM league race.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/20/18 4:49 p.m.

Red Bull Ring from the GT6 days. Dean an I outsmarted ourselves and lost...

Red Bull 4 lap sprint.

BradLTL
5/20/18 5:02 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

And now look at you... dominating. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/21/18 1:28 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Ok, now that is out of the way, we can go back to talking about the 3 way you Dean and Air are involved in.wink

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/22/18 9:31 a.m.

Did a Red Bull Ring practice race with the AIs set to 95/50. I started way back in 12th. Got to P6 coming out of T1, then it took me to Lap 9 to finally get into P1 where I fended off a ferrari for the remaining 11 laps. It was actually pretty fun. The AI's would try to out brake you and pass on the inside of the slower corners, so you either had to defend or just get them on corner exit. I learned that I am better than the AI's on turn 1, but they are better than me throughout sector 3.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/22/18 4:57 p.m.

TJ, if you're around tonight I think I've got my stuff fixed and would like to test it. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/22/18 5:15 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Ok. I think I may be on tonight. Fingers crossed.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/22/18 10:12 p.m.

TJ and I had a brief test, we can be in the room with each other.  I couldn't see him, but something something baby steps.

BatsonWorkshop
BatsonWorkshop New Reader
5/23/18 9:08 a.m.

Should be on tonight. No practice on this track as of yet though. 

I've learned I'm really bad at tuning the car for each track (I suck at driving to, so that doesn't help). I tend to just find a setup that I like the feel of and then live with it for each track with maybe tiny changes to keep tire temps right.

Finally have a USB headset, hopefully it works 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/23/18 9:21 a.m.

In reply to BatsonWorkshop :

Andrew, I'll send you my setup tonight if you want. Not sure if it will suit you or not, but you are more than welcome to try it.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/18 9:33 a.m.
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/23/18 10:28 a.m.

Plan for tonight:

- Show up at the last minute

- Spray oil on Brad's rear tires

- Blast out a banzai lap to get to front of the qualifying

- Cut off AI car in first corner to get them to take out Dean

- Watch TJ and Sauce take each other out because they can't see each other

- Don't F up

- Win

Argo1
5/23/18 10:33 a.m.

In GT6 we ran with the draft effect turned up which made the Red Bull Ring great for passing.  I don't think that adjustment exists in PC2.

BradLTL
5/23/18 10:56 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

You are making the assumption that we’ll be close enough for the draft to matter. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/23/18 10:57 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I could see Sauce, but he could not see me and he was ghosted for me. That happened one time where Dean couldn't see me, but I could see him, but it corrected itself after I went to the pits and came back on track.

Do you really think you need to do anything to have an AI take out Dean? They do that all by themselves.

I seem to be slower than I was a few days ago, but typically consistency is the key and not outright speed (except qualifying of course), so we'll see how it goes tonight.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/23/18 10:59 a.m.

The slipstream effect seems to be really weak in this game. It may be realistic, but it is different than other games I've played. Some games make it like DRS is enabled, but this game makes it hard to get around someone on a long straight unless you get a better corner exit than them or get them under braking for the following corner.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/23/18 11:09 a.m.

One thing I do know for certain, is that the 3 way tie will be broken tonight.

Argo1
5/23/18 11:12 a.m.

Seems like we will have a good size turnout tonight.  That should be fun.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/23/18 11:49 a.m.
T.J. said:

The slipstream effect seems to be really weak in this game. It may be realistic, but it is different than other games I've played. Some games make it like DRS is enabled, but this game makes it hard to get around someone on a long straight unless you get a better corner exit than them or get them under braking for the following corner.

The primary ways to pass in this game is to wait for a mistake or generate more momentum out of a corner.  It's more like real racing, but does make it difficult when there are "some people" (cough, cough) who refuse to make mistakes...

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/23/18 1:13 p.m.

Nurburgring in the rain is going to be a handful. I did two laps in full on rain with the same setup that I used for Spa.

The question is will it be faster to go the first 10 minutes or so in the dry on wets and do the no stop strategy or will there be enough of a lap delta on softs to make up for the pit. No idea what the lap delta or the pit deltas are yet.

dean1484
5/23/18 2:12 p.m.

The issues with teh rain tires is that at spa they were great in the rain and good with it drying / dry.  Where they fell down was when it went back to rain. The rain tires ware down and you need a new set

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/23/18 2:26 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

So, can you make a set last for 10 minutes on a dry track and have them then hold up for 20 minutes in the rain? How many seconds per lap slower in the dry will they be, especially if you are trying to save them and not wear them out before the rain comes. Could be interesting. Spa was an easy choice for me to do the 2 stopper, but I'm not so sure about this one between a 1 stopper and a no stopper. I'll worry about that tomorrow. No rain forecasted at red bull ring tonight.

dean1484
5/23/18 8:08 p.m.

I’m running a little bit late tonight so I might miss which is unfortunate

Argo1
5/23/18 10:44 p.m.

I probably should have bailed out.  I left the room and came back in trying to get a better internet connection.  We were having internet issues a couple hours before the race.  Our TV comes in via the internet and it kept going out.  In practice, the cars were glitching around on the track.  In the race, I know that the glitching caused Dean and I to come together.  We both had very different drivers' views of what happened.  I will be interested to see the video.  Next time if my connection is that bad I will just sit out.

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fb6U5ot4bJhaat7WqnBuQK5LK2JVtgK1d13oqhRe1If3I6UE6Pobg7tAp4AZY6JQ