1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/18 6:22 a.m.

The BMW seems to be a good car. It generally drives how I prefer my cars where it faults to understeer. It generally feels heavy, especially compared to the GTR.

It was interesting how tire wear affected my line and brake points though. I’m glad we practiced last night. Although since I ended up winning, I think we’ll count it as our round 1. cheeky

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/18 7:22 a.m.

I have the Lambo decently sorted out.  It seems competitive and the bad habits have been mostly tamed.  However, if I over drive it, it will get into a tank slapper which usually results in a spin.  In the Porsche I could just slide it and scrub off speed.  Maybe with a bit more tuning I can calm it down.  The Huracan doesn't have a few adjustments that the other GT3 cars have, such as front downforce and weight balance.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/3/18 9:35 a.m.

I changed my PS4 to a static IP and set up port forwarding. Hopefully I'll be able to join tomorrow. 

Just did a lobby GT3 race at Brands Hatch. There were 9 people and no AI cars and everything worked ok. If anyone is playing this evening, I'd be interested to at least see if I can connect ok. I doubt I'll have too much time tonight to play, so mostly just to see if I can connect.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/3/18 9:17 p.m.

I seem to have no issues with public lobby races, but races I've been invited to don't seem to work for me. We'll see how it goes tomorrow but I may be a DNS. 

BradLTL
4/3/18 9:19 p.m.

I can’t imagine the difference from private vs public. Hopefully it’ll be good tomorrow. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/3/18 11:13 p.m.
BradLTL said:

I can’t imagine the difference from private vs public. Hopefully it’ll be good tomorrow. 

Given my history of causing connection issues with certain players, it might be me.  When he and Dean were in a room I couldn't get in.  When you had a room and I was in first, he couldn't get in.  I hope it sorts itself out, but but I suspect one of us won't be able to get in tomorrow.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 7:54 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

What is your PSN handle?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/4/18 9:23 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

MMM_Sauce

Argo1
4/4/18 10:02 a.m.

I've gotten the Lambo feeling really good. I'm down in the 34's in practice. However, today is going to be a tough schedule day. I may only be able to jump in at the very last moment.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 10:05 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

LOL. A ha. I was wondering if we were not PSN friends, but we are, I didn't realize you were Sauce.. When you sent me the invite last night, I could get into the room and it would just stick on 'Waiting', never progressing to let me click on 'Ready'. Interesting, but strange. Not sure what is going on. Doesn't make sense that there would be some sort of interlock between two users, but who knows.

I've only dipped into the 34's one time so far, but have had a decent number of low 35 laps. I think without some setup changes I am about as fast as I'm going to be on this track. I haven't gone too deep into the setup and am not going to mess with it at this point. Hopefully I'll be able to connect tonight.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/4/18 10:08 a.m.

I've been noticing you guys having some random yet specific connection issues. Something to check out is if any of you are using comcrap internet, change the POS wireless gateway they gave you for a modem over to bridged mode. This shuts off the modems wifi output and gets it acting like a regular modem again.

So far, gtav is the only game I've run into that problem with, but it could be having an affect on this game.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 10:11 a.m.

I may try to switch from wifi to ethernet connection and see if that helps thinking this is an issue on my end maybe.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 12:06 p.m.

Ok, with ethernet I am getting significantly better download speeds. Upload speeds are about the same. Maybe that will help. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/18 2:00 p.m.

A cabled connection is always better.  

BradLTL
4/4/18 2:25 p.m.

You guys running in the 34s.... are you running in the correct weather conditions?

I’ve only managed upper 35s on straight pace, but then again I have not put in the testing time either (my oldest is on a Minecraft kick and is taking some of my game time).

Argo1
4/4/18 2:44 p.m.

I was running same date and weather conditions as listed on the schedule. Most of the time I'm in the 35s. Really doesn't matter for the race. Staying on the track matters.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 2:56 p.m.

Same here- correct weather and time settings.. I can knock out fairly consistent laps in the 36-37's, but any faster is too fast for me to not end up backwards in the sand somewhere. For me to get into the 35s things are on the edge the whole lap. The one time I managed to get into the 34's I have no idea what was different.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/4/18 9:01 p.m.

After enough tries of not being able to get into the room/on track, and when I did it causing issues with other players I decided that discretion was the better part of valor.  Rather disappointing given that I discovered why the AMG was so difficult and fixing it about 20 minutes before qualifying was set to start, but I also don't know if that came at the expense of pace yet.  I'm glad we have drops this time around, and though I'd rather not have used one when I was around it is what it is.  

oldrotarydriver
oldrotarydriver Reader
4/4/18 9:48 p.m.

Life in the way, specifically 1 am cable maintenance windows and a day that wouldn't end.

My fix for private room games such as the GRM series, was to go with an ethernet cable direct to the WHS cable settop we use as our "whole home video and internet" solution, bypassing my home firewall and the WHS' Arris based wireless gateway.  The issue with wireless was on another network I have in the house.  Weird thing was I used that network for the first trials in the GRM rooms to good result, then it all went sideways with the next PC2 update.

Argo1
4/4/18 10:28 p.m.

Rotary and Sauce, we need you both back in.  Let the chips fall where they may. We need to figure these issues out.

Clearly, tonight we identified that the Huracan is faster than it's driver.  Need a few minor tweaks as the rear tires get too hot if I push hard.  That prevented any serious challenge on Dean.

OK Air, I will not be running next week as I have to go enjoy wet dreary weather in Seattle.  You need to uphold the honor of the rear engine at Monza.  I'm going to set up a GT3 R for Monza and send you the setup and target times to try.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 10:32 p.m.

Sauce, it does seem like there is an interlock between us. The good news for you is that I will be out of town for work next week, so I will miss Monza.

Argo, after I jumped the start,, I wasn't sure what to do. I figured if I intentionally slowed to give P1 to you it would cause havoc in the field., so I kept going.  I watched the replay of our contact at the end of lap 1. I was fiddling with my HUD and missed my braking point and ran way too deep into the sharp right hander, but managed to keep out of the sand. We ended up side by side and when my spotter said I was clear I moved back over to my normal line. I saw that you then moved to the inside, but I wasn't sure exactly where you were but I knew I still had a small lead so I just turned in at my normal place assuming you were going to give and I tagged your back corner. Sorry about that. I couldn't tell from the replay if you would've made the turn or not if there was no contact.

I didn't realize false starts were 20 sec penalties or I would've pushed harder at the end to make sure I had a big enough gap to cover the penalty. Just got lucky in that regard. Other than lap 1 with Argo and getting caught up in a Spool spin at turn 2 while lapping him, (I just had to say that because, when will that happen again?) I managed to keep the car on the track generally pointing in the right direction for the entire race, so I am happy about that.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/18 10:35 p.m.

Brad, I'm assuming there is more than one configuration of Brands Hatch in the game since there are two in GT. I'm assuming we are running the full course in week 3 and not the Indy version or whatever it is called? I guess since I will miss Monza I can start practicing  and working on a setup for Brands Hatch.

My mic will be here tomorrow, so I won't have to be mute. in future races.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/4/18 10:43 p.m.
Argo1 said:

....OK Air, I will not be running next week as I have to go enjoy wet dreary weather in Seattle.  You need to uphold the honor of the rear engine at Monza.  I'm going to set up a GT3 R for Monza and send you the setup and target times to try.

I will give it a go.  I did change your 911 setup a bit, so I will make sure not to do that with the new one.  I did manage a fast lap within a second of many of the other cars, so there is some potential there.  I did have to crank up the ABS and move the brakes back a bit to stop it from skidding on the front tires (not sure if that is what was killing the front tires), so you might want to look out for that.  That mod did not affect the stable braking as far as I could tell BTW.

I actually do know Monza, so that should help also.

Argo1
4/4/18 11:02 p.m.

Spool.  BTW Did I mention that the Ferrari is a lot of fun right up until it snap spins and tries to kill you?   It will need a dose of GT3R type setup change to tame it.

Argo1
4/4/18 11:09 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I am glad that you jumped the start because if that was a legit start I would have needed a new car...  I was a bit surprised by our contact.  I thought that I was fully along side before turn in.  You ran a good smooth race pace and that Audi is quite quick.  Congrats on the win.  I will be ready for the rematch at Brands.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WI5iCvywbd71d6Vzt2vEHg5Wj5csHcRE6vIlCbzNtEOEpR4QPZ7xObD5PDUd8BKa