1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/18 1:01 p.m.

The gt3 race we ran last Wednesday is on cbs sports now. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/8/18 10:45 p.m.

I want to like the Merc, I really do, it's a dang fast car but man is it frustrating.  If someone is super precise then this car will do wonders for them and be super fast.  However, if you're like me and tend to have a fair bit of variance in line and entry speed lap to lap then this is not the car for you.  I can run low 48's or even (very) high 47's on Hards at Monza, Softs are low 47's and perfect lap probably into the 46's (my Hard slick setup doesn't play well with Softs in certain areas and would benefit from its own tune, which I haven't done).  Average lap time?  52's, because if you aren't precise enough and hit too much curb or a bump when you shouldn't it's irrecoverable.  

I'm going to try the McLaren (I think I liked it in previous testing) and NSX since TJ recommended it.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/9/18 4:27 p.m.

Raced against an AI with a funnier name than Will Power ....Max Throttle. laugh

dean1484
4/9/18 5:59 p.m.

laugh

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/18 7:07 p.m.

Ok. New Mac-Daddy router is up and running. My home network is back to acting normal. I hope this will help with the TJ vs Sauce network issues. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/9/18 9:29 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I also have a new router on the way, should be here tomorrow.  I'm also hoping that it improves things, my current router has been doing some weirdness like having the wired connections act like they have spotty wifi reception.  We'll see how it goes.

dean1484
4/11/18 6:35 a.m.

So everyone ready for tonight?  

BradLTL
4/11/18 6:37 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Been up since 4am, no practice. Yep, ready. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/11/18 7:42 a.m.

I spent more time with the Mercedes last night. By Frankensteining bits of various tunes together I have finally tamed it, though it could still use some refinement. Also, since no one has really been discussing lap times I'm not sure where the car is on pace, nor have I done any long runs to see fuel and tire usage. So overall I'm probably as prepared as anyone else. ​​​

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/11/18 9:11 a.m.

I think Monza should be a fun race. It is a track that I don't really enjoy driving on but can be fun to race on. Brands Hatch is the opposite way around for me in that I enjoy driving the track and doing laps, but it is not my favorite place to race. For Zolder I did a handful of races against  the AIs where I started dead last and had to work my way through the field.  It was not too hard to win those. I doubt I could do that at Brands because it just doesn't seem to have as many good passing opportunities. Have fun tonight - I am looking forward to watching the replay.

dean1484
4/11/18 1:17 p.m.

No substantive tuning changes for me. Just closed off some of the air intakes to get more heat in the brakes and getting the motor up to temp. All this netted me a little bit more top speed.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/11/18 5:27 p.m.

The first turn/chicane is going to be “interesting” with the AI.  Has anyone run a test of that?  I can see big potential for a CF if the AI does its thing there.

dean1484
4/11/18 6:59 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Has me thinking you want to be first or last to the party. 

dean1484
4/11/18 7:00 p.m.

Air did you get a chance to try the setup I posted?  

dean1484
4/11/18 7:22 p.m.

Project cars update for the ps4. Is now downloading.  20 minutes to go. 

BradLTL
4/11/18 7:47 p.m.

Installing update. Will open the room in a minute. 

dean1484
4/11/18 10:34 p.m.

The Hatch is going to be fun. Passing is going to be very interesting. The track feels much smaller and narrower than GT6. With out any changes to the car I ran a 1:28. I need to get the weather and date correct as my brakes were running very cold as was the motor with what ever setting I had it at. 

BradLTL
4/11/18 10:39 p.m.

Points are updated... waiting on Twitch and YouTube to decide to finish the export.

BradLTL
4/11/18 10:45 p.m.

Ok.. replay is there now.  I want you to know that I got heckled (by Twitch viewers) for watching Dean waiting on his crash....  it was worth it.  smiley

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/11/18 11:12 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Dean is ready to run off and join the circus after that demonstration of acrobatics.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/11/18 11:16 p.m.

If the AMG was going to be fast, Monza was going to be the place.  Nice race Sauce.  Spool you stayed on the track for the most part!  Nice race lap.  Good finish.  Air you had pretty good pace, just a few offs.  Air and Dean contact in Ascari: Racing incident. No further action.  Brad and Dean contact in chicane: Dean was along side and should have been given racing room.  Dean multiple flips: 9.3/ 10 for style points.

dean1484
4/11/18 11:36 p.m.

That was more spectacular than I even realized.

BradLTL
4/12/18 6:32 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

I don’t think there was actual contact when I passed Dean. I did run him wide but that was an honest mistake. I thought he was on the left side of me, so I gave room to that side. It wasn’t until I was pointed straight and saw him in the mirror that I realized. By then it was too late to do anything. I accept blame for that. 

BradLTL
4/12/18 6:53 a.m.

I had a down and up and down again race. I’m still not exactly sure what happened on the first lap. It was like something caught a tire and snapped me around. That put me in last by a good margin. I raced my way all the way back up to 5th. Got by Air and then noticed a flashing red light on my HUD. I had 2.9L of fuel remaining. I ran the next lap at speed paying attention to my fuel level and the time remaining. On the straight before parabolica I knew I had to run 1 more lap and had no fuel to do it. So, I pulled to the side and fumbled around trying to get to my “Splash n go” pit strategy. I finally selected it and sped up to head for the pits. I hit the pit lane and was immediately DQ’d for speeding in the pit lane.  

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/18 7:16 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I saw you pull off.  I thought that you might have been dropped.  How does it DQ for pit speeding when the pit stops are set to Auto?  Is it still possible to hit the pit line at too high of speed?

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v3J1aIc72XvkozC92k6ETXAZbstwnz0qAg9xL6LAwzZlH94xaJbxa8wce5ZEdrmI