1 2 3 4 5
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/11/19 10:57 a.m.

I downloaded PS4 Remote Play on my laptop, so I may be able to at least spectate Wednesday. Depends on just how crappy the motel wifi connection is.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/11/19 2:14 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I tried it one series awhile back. Even went as far as bringing my controller and tried to run a few laps. It’s possible, but not fast.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/11/19 4:05 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I brought my controller, but don't figure I'll even try to race. I guess I could try it out tonight and see how poorly it works. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/12/19 11:06 a.m.

Looks like I might be out for Wednesday. (edit: might be in now...)  (edit 2: looks like I am out now) (edit 3:  I might be in again... )

The track is pretty nice actually, nice and wide.  The first corner would be a nightmare in bigger cars, but it shouldn't be to bad in these.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/14/19 2:58 p.m.

My tune ended up working really well as the tires wore out. It put a lot of strain on the fronts, but as they lost grip it effectively added grip to the rear which made the car much easier to drive. It also made it easier to put down power and allowed me to get on the gas harder and earlier than I could on fresh tires. The net result with the lightening of the fuel load was very consistent lap times for the full race. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/19 4:15 p.m.

I was looking at my laps and other than the ones where I went off my laps were all with in a second from start to finish. I think I ran my fastest lap in the middle third of the race.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/14/19 4:36 p.m.

I was running the second Sauce tune (A-2?).  It was not terribly different driving then my semi-stock tune I had (which I am pretty sure I wrote over) so it was not a big leap for me.  It was clearly at least a second faster though.  I did love drifting through the triple lefts.  I am sure I was not entirely driving it "right".  I was not sure how aggressive I needed to be, and when.  It seems like you HAD to be aggressive in tight corners, or you would just plow your way though.

It was also very clear Sauce had it figured out, as he walked away from me pretty quickly in the first few laps. I still have issues accurately targeting the apexes of corners because of the rapid transition between over an understeer with these cars.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/14/19 4:53 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

The tune is a bit weird in that the harder you push it, the better it is.  If you drive it moderately it's ok, but to have it really work you have to pretty much be at 90%+ the entire time.  There is obviously some risk to that, especially early on, but once you get the feel of it you can figure out where to push more or less until the tires get to where they should be.  

dean1484
3/15/19 7:35 a.m.

Argo we missed you this week you ok?  

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/16/19 7:47 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yeah, I'm fine.  Just put my back out and had to miss.  Should be all fine by Wed.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/20/19 6:08 p.m.

So has anyone done any practice for this race? 

BradLTL
3/20/19 6:36 p.m.
e30Matt said:

So has anyone done any practice for this race? 

I’ve done 5 sessions of practice at about 2 hours each. Just kidding. I’ve been sick and spent most of my time coughing. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/20/19 7:06 p.m.

I just started a practice session and sent invites. 

dean1484
3/20/19 7:21 p.m.

I had a work thing come up so I am more than likely going to be absent tonight.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/20/19 8:55 p.m.

Did the PSN network just e36 M3 the bed or is it just me?

BradLTL
3/20/19 8:57 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

its you.... 4 minutes 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/21/19 5:01 p.m.

Since no one has congratulated Air on his victory I will: congrats on a great race and win. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/19 5:18 p.m.

Less "tremendous victory"

More "Managed not to go sliding loopty loop across the grass"

dean1484
3/21/19 5:51 p.m.

I think he cheated. .. . . He deflated his tires. . .   He was at a massage parlor before the race. . . ..   laugh   wink  

BradLTL
3/21/19 8:37 p.m.
aircooled said:

Less "tremendous victory"

More "Managed not to go sliding loopty loop across the grass"

A mistake free run. It was well done. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/27/19 8:43 p.m.

I'm going to sit this one out. Been fighting a cold for the past week. Had two colds in the past 7 years and they were both in the last month or so. Two out of the three times I've had to go to MI for work, I've come home sick. I think I am allergic to that place.

I don't think I would've had much fun at this track (or next week's track for that matter) otherwise, I'd give it a go and try to play without a mic.  I'll more than likely rejoin for whatever the next season is going to be.

BradLTL
3/27/19 8:52 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Might be surprised. This track is fast and drift-y. Pretty close times put up in practice. I’m even within reason. 

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
3/28/19 8:31 a.m.

I actually really enjoyed that track, I like the flow and there is a good amount of risk vs reward but the curbs are killer. With cars that are a bit more stable and better with curbs I think it would be an absolute hoot. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/28/19 8:54 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I couldn't go more than a lap or two without wrecking both times I tried it- even if I tried to go at a reasonable speed. Trying to do a 30 minute race would've been torture, plus I'd have to keep pulling over to blow my nose or sneeze or have a coughing fit, so it was best that I just watched youtube instead.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/28/19 11:03 a.m.

It was a pretty interesting track for these cars.  If it is a realistic portrayal of what it is actually like to drive that track at this car, it would be an absolutely terrifying experience in real life.  The corners where all fast enough and sharp enough (no sweepers) that handling was generally predictably oversteer, which got a bit exciting at over 100 mph, with a narrow track, deadly curbs and fencing on either side.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UqjgxNSGHGM1zUeC5TRSr8LSHrMkDKghtyKNLMsv9kv1Jk4fG6c6UkATVwuopsnE