1 ... 3 4 5
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
3/28/19 1:44 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

The track sort of still exists. It is public roads. They removed the grandstands and pits, but the roads are still there.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/2/19 8:47 a.m.

Guess I'll need to sign back up for PS Plus for another year. Seems that my year ran out sometime in the past couple weeks, now I can only play in single player. Haven't done much practicing for this week, but not too worried about it. I just like driving around the lake looking at the scenery.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/19 2:53 p.m.

I have not touched the PCII in three or 4 weeks.  Life is just to crazy at the moment.  I get home close to the start time of things and all I can think of is getting some dinner and sleeping.  Maybe I can get on this Wednesday however I will be with zero practice.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/3/19 8:47 a.m.

I ran some laps last night, it's a fun but tricky track. The hardest part is the car getting unsettled with elevation changes, and there are a couple of places where you will get at least partially airborne and one Dukes of Hazard jump. I think it'll be like last week of "he who has the fewest/smallest wrecks wins". 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/3/19 1:00 p.m.

I did a few laps as well. I think my longest stint was maybe 3 laps since I kept making setup changes. Track has some tricky spots and it is tough to get a clean and fast lap. I'm still not sure about the twisty jumpy bit before the bridge near the end of the lap. Sometimes it seems ok to just slightly lift other times, that spells disaster, but braking doesn't always seem to help either.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/19 6:33 p.m.

I'm out this week and next due to traveling for work.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/4/19 7:55 a.m.

I lost a lot of time on lap 1 after I crashed and then took Brad out while trying to get pointed the right way. Waited for him to recover. I think I put the two of us a good 20 seconds off the lead on lap 1. Brad and I swapped places back and forth for a few laps, then after I got a bit of a gap on him I didn't see anyone else the rest of the race until the final lap where I caught a glimpse of Air. I thought I could catch him if he made a mistake, but I crashed instead. Had more fun than I was expecting on that track, that car and without much of any practice. Sauce's setup made the car much better to drive than what I was working with.

I squandered my opportunities in the first three races and didn't achieve the results that I could've, then essentially missed the rest of the season.

Looking forward to next series, and hopefully I don't miss nearly half of the races.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vpZoqzDWdzHP8ih7YsQFblryjDoSc5v1E9RMSkGzpDoKcs6wR9em1knxqobEzwJU