1 2 3 4 ... 7
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/12/19 7:25 p.m.

Anyone up for some testing/ messing around tonight?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/19 12:45 p.m.

MAYBE tonight tj??

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/14/19 12:58 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I am doubtful for tonight, but maybe.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/14/19 6:36 p.m.

Who’s going to be around Wednesday?

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/14/19 8:15 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Not me. Out of town for work all this week. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/15/19 12:19 a.m.

I am around Wednesday.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/15/19 3:18 p.m.

I expect to be around on Wed.

BradLTL
4/15/19 6:29 p.m.

Was thinking about doing a one-off, fun event. Cannonball run style. Not serious racing stuff. 

Or would you rather test?

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/15/19 8:07 p.m.
BradLTL said:

Was thinking about doing a one-off, fun event. Cannonball run style. Not serious racing stuff. 

Or would you rather test?

I'm good either way.

Argo1
4/15/19 9:13 p.m.

Have we decided on GTE then?

BradLTL
4/16/19 7:35 p.m.
BradLTL
4/18/19 10:16 a.m.

So, if we are doing GTEs I would suggest that we do random assignment of cars. Like draw cars from a hat and see what you get. Then same make cars could operate like a team having a manufacturer and driver championship. Thoughts?

Do we want prototype AI traffic to contend with this series?

As far as tracks go, I have 2 thoughts: 

1. I pick them 

2. We each choose a track and conditions (keep it reasonable)

Argo1
4/18/19 10:19 p.m.

Random cars I am not in favor of.  I'm OK with a penalty car for the next race if you win.  My only slight chance of being competitive is to get familiar with one car.

BradLTL
4/19/19 10:39 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

You’d have the same car all series, just it would be drawn for you prior to the start. Give everyone time to come to grips before the first round. 

My theory is this way not everyone would drive the Ford. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/20/19 1:34 p.m.

Is there any assessment or testing to show one is faster then the other? It appears the GT might be the ringer?

Argo1
4/21/19 8:20 a.m.

If we are going to assign cars, we should test to see which cars are the fastest and assign them in reverse order based on the results of the last several series.  Finishes, not points, to exclude missed races.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/21/19 9:39 a.m.

I like the Ford and have driven it more than the others, but I can manage about the same lap times with any of them, just not as consistently as the Ford. For example, the driving the Aston, I am on average maybe 1-1.5 seconds a lap slower at Silverstone than I an with the Ford, but I’ve knocked out a magic lap with it that I think is my fastest GTE lap there so far. Not sure if tuning could get it where I could post consistently faster laps or not. Mostly using default tunes so far. 

Argo1
4/21/19 5:36 p.m.

I've only run the Carrera.  I tried to adapt my GT3 tune to it and found out that they are completely different cars.  I've got a tune on it now that is easy to drive.  I have no idea if it is fast.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/21/19 7:50 p.m.

So maybe a testing day on Wednesday so we can sample the cars. Run a few short races so Brad can switch also (I think you can only switch between races if you run the room).  I haven’t even tried the Carrera, clearly I need to do that.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/22/19 5:55 p.m.

The 911 seems to be magic at turn in. The only downside to it that I see is that in only comes in one color.

Argo1
4/22/19 9:45 p.m.

Livery choices are limited in all the cars - just the actual liveries.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
4/23/19 10:40 a.m.

So I have tried all of the cars except the Aston and Porsche and they are all pretty similar in terms of pace. I was a tick slower in the BMW but I found the TC to be more intrusive than the other cars, some tuning would probably get it back on pace. I'll probably try the other cars tonight if anyone wants to join. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/23/19 1:18 p.m.

I may be able to join you tonight.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/19 11:12 p.m.

Hay All 

I have been out of the loop here for the last month plus. As some of you know my Dad has not been well since last November. Things came to a head over Easter and he ended up in ICU/hospice Sunday. We had one shot at stabilizing him but that failed early this morning. Things went down hill fast and he is now gone by 7:00 pm. Quietly and in no pain surrounded by some of the family.  I was traveling on business and tried to set a land speed record across the state but missed him by less than an hour. It is sad and a bit unexpected as things had been going the right direction over the last three months since multiple brain surgery’s.  

Anyway I felt you all deserved to know why I had suddenly been absent from things. In a way it is almost like a weight has been lifted from me. Sad yes but the unknown and uncertainty is now no more.  I hope to be back a bit more regularly now as I am hoping to get my life back to where it was before this saga started last fall.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/24/19 6:40 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Dean, I am sorry for your loss. Sounds like your dad is in a better place now. No more suffering for him. 

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fiz6SHbB8W1CeM8BgdjLPyYeMD357ATxOUEAXjm8vRpnE7flnZBVj0Nk15bINKKJ