1 2 3 4 5 6 7
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/19 10:11 p.m.

Braking is where I was making up lots of time with the auston

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/27/19 12:25 a.m.

I messed around with the Aston at Dubai some more tonight. Finally got a couple laps in the 1:55’s. 

Added a lot more front bar and a little bit more downforce and now it’s better, at least at that track. A stiffer front bar helped quite a bit on the final turn and some of the twisty bits. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/28/19 10:11 a.m.

I need to try the Ford with TC not set to 100% and see if that is faster/safer. 

Edit: moved it to 50%, then 33% and then 25% and each time it was better. I think in GT3 I ran it at 13% a lot of the time. More testing ahead. 

dean1484
4/28/19 5:19 p.m.

I really liked the Ferrari.  

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/28/19 5:34 p.m.

I tested the vette at red bull ring for a bit. I was faster than the Aston, but a little slower than the Ford. Track limits on/off can make about a second per lap at that track. Mostly at T1 and the last 2 turns. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/30/19 9:14 a.m.

What's the plan for Wednesday? Are we going to do another GTE test session?

I want to mess with my Ford setup a bit to try to get rid of some understeer at turn-in while not creating oversteer at corner exit. I have a list of things to try, but it will take some time to try to find the best compromise. I do not like how the car feels into T1 at RedBull Ring, so I'll see if I can tune for that corner and then see how that affects the rest of the corners. Hopefully I get it sorted before Wednesday and then can try it out on some other track.

EDIT: Started from scratch with suspension & damper settings. Only did 2-3 laps, but should be able to get into the 1:27's at RedBullRing with this setup. T1 is better and the rest didn't seem to get any worse. Hopefully I can drive it some more tonight.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/19 11:43 a.m.

I think we'll do another GTE test with LMP traffic and AI.  Thinking that we'll run Barcelona, seems to be F1's favorite test site.

I would recommend everyone try a different car, since I'm 90% that'll we'll draw cars from a hat.  You don't know what you'll get.  devil

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/1/19 12:16 p.m.

I tested with TJ at the Red Bull ring the other night.  I was testing a few cars at Nurmburg GT and they drove pretty nice (although I only drove the GT, 911 and Corvette).  Driving at Red Bull Ring, they did not drive nearly as well, so I think these cars are going to be a lot nicer in more flowing tracks.

I tried the GT, 911 and the Aston.  The Aston was interesting, but had some serious rear traction issues compared to the Corvette and GT.  While seemingly unnecessary at GT, traction control would probably help at RBR (especially with the Aston).

We also had a guy in the room in a BMW, who got within a second of Sauces time (I was a consistent 3 or so seconds behind Sauce for comparison), so it MAY not be as slow as assumed. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/1/19 1:26 p.m.

I know I was the one who suggested LMP2 AI's, but I'm not so sure about them. They are not that much faster than the GTE cars, so depending on the track, I don't know if they would even lap us, so we would only see them at the start and then for the first few laps until the tail end of them pulled away. If we want to get lapped and have to deal with faster cars coming from behind, we may need to step up to LMP1, but I don't know if I trust the AIs that much to have a large speed differential without killing us.

We should include LMP2s tonight to test them out to find out if we want them or not.

EDIT: Looks like it may take 20-25 laps for LMP2 to lap us at Barcelona. About 10-12 laps for LMP1 Hybrids based on laptimes from a quick practice session. 

BradLTL
5/1/19 2:28 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I was going to put LMP1 cars out there.  They will be a lot faster with KERS and whatnot.  I don't know that I trust them either, that's why I want to test first.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/1/19 5:22 p.m.

Well, since everyone else seems allergic to the roundel I guess I'll try the BMW tonight. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/1/19 5:23 p.m.

Initial take is that LMPH cars are ok at Barcelona. The BMW is ok-I set my best lap so far with it. 

BradLTL
5/1/19 6:13 p.m.

I’m debating between the Ford and the Ferrari for tonight. Judging by the complaints, it sounds like the Ford is more suited to my driving style, but I’ll probably decide by which livery I like more... that’s the most important thing on a race car anyway. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/2/19 7:27 a.m.

Brad, when is the drawing? I think I want to know what car I am getting before I commit to a track.

BradLTL
5/2/19 11:16 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

If I’m allowed to leave work today, I will do it tonight. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/2/19 12:54 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping to get the Ford or the Ferrari.

Since we excluded the Aston from the drawing, could we choose it instead of whatever we get assigned if we'd rather have it? I think I'd rather drive the Aston over the BMW or the Porsche even if it is slower.

dean1484
5/2/19 5:35 p.m.

I want the corvette 

dean1484
5/2/19 5:36 p.m.

The Ferrari is great as well but I really like how the corvette drives. 

dean1484
5/2/19 5:37 p.m.

I have not tried the 911 or the BMW.  Is there another car?  

dean1484
5/2/19 5:38 p.m.

I could run some tonight if anyone was around. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/2/19 5:56 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Ford, BMW & Aston Martin.

BradLTL
5/2/19 5:56 p.m.

Grand reveal....

https://youtu.be/wAVo7oRTwgU

Also, enjoy the chaos of 2 boys. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/2/19 6:04 p.m.

I have my work cut out for me.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/2/19 10:53 p.m.

Stand by while I reach out to Chip Ganassi for set up tips.

Hope we don't start next week.  Traveling.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/2/19 11:57 p.m.

OK, interesting, now I need to figure out how not to melt the rear tires (I think the temp of the last track did not help).

Sounds like next week might be a tuning session. Maybe try an open room and see if we can fish any additional drivers.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iAmoK8ZwbVFenKNuiVU2VNFHpiPblj7khbqImse5FEYiyhb7WeqlsokD3UCoStCL