1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/3/19 3:43 a.m.

Going to AZ for a few days. I should be back home next Wednesday.

I will miss the following week May 15th. 

Edit: Hopefully I can figure out how the 911 likes to be driven. Messed around with it for a couple hours last night and ended up only getting 2 or 3 decent laps out of it. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/19 11:29 p.m.

Ok so the Ferrari it is. Hummm. This I going to be a very interesting series. Sauce in the BMW is very interesting as he was really fast in that car that I thought was not fast. I am going to have to get the Ferrari to exit corners like the corvette does. The corvettejust rotates so perfectly under power comming put of corners.

dean1484
5/3/19 11:32 p.m.

Brad I have a corvette tune for you if you want it. Nothing major just tweeted a bunch of little things.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/19 7:42 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yea, I’ll grab it next week. I usually don’t do well in your, Sauce or TJs tunes but based on how fast you were it’s worth the effort to try. 

I was kinda hoping for the Ford. I really liked how it drove and felt pretty quick in it. The Vette isn’t a bad draw though. It was the only other car I tested and liked driving it, I just wasn’t as fast. 

dean1484
5/4/19 10:44 a.m.

I am kinda that way as well.  I am happy with the Ferrari as I tested a lot with it but I found it a bit more boring than the corvette.  However the sound of the Ferrari is better. Lol

dean1484
5/4/19 10:45 a.m.

No sauce comment yet on the bmw. 

dean1484
5/4/19 10:49 a.m.

The tune I will send you only changed things like brake ducts and air intake and I think I lowered the bump stops. And tire pressures.  I did not change the suspension setup or the dif.  I did change the gears a little. It helped the top end as the stock 6th gear was an overdrive. It would not accelerate in 6th as it came stock.  

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
5/4/19 2:24 p.m.
dean1484 said:

No sauce comment yet on the bmw. 

Wouldn't have been my first choice but with some tuning isn't terrible. I've improved the "hit a bump and drive on 2 wheels for 3 seconds" thing it was doing before which has made me like it more. Still not my favorite, but it's fine. 

dean1484
5/4/19 4:38 p.m.

It is kind of funny that we all got our 2nd choice (well maybe not Sauce)

Not sure on what Air's choice was.  Since I never tried anything other then the Auston, Corvette and the Ferrari I don't know how the other cars are.  

I was testing with the Ferrari today and found that taking TC off it has more than enough rotation out of the corners.  I started really paying attention to the car and the TC really is very intrusive on corner exit.  I am either going to have to try and tune it out of teh car as with out TC the car is much faster OR just turn down the TC until it is a acceptable balance between keeping me from spinning out but still not killing my corner exit speed.

That was the great thing about the Corvette in that you can just mash the gas out of corners and it just gripped and rotated without the TC interfering unless things got really squirrely.  I will probably be around tonight if anyone wants to practice.  Last night I was going to be on but fell asleep watching Utube.

I am thinking I may deviate from my expected track choice and change it up a bit.

dean1484
5/4/19 6:41 p.m.

Oh and I experimented with having road cars on track with me but turning up there skill to 90 and it actually worked really well so that may be something to consider. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/4/19 6:47 p.m.

I am not sure about the 911 yet.  It’s like how many of these cars are tuned, cars that might normally rotate well but are tuned to prevent it, it gives them a bit of a split personality (the Ford is a bit like that also). The Aston an honest oversteerer.  It might be slow but also might be the most fun to drive once you get used to it (a lot of throttle steer which I really like).

I have a few tunes I found that I will try as a baseline.  I am sure I will hate one of them, as it looks like everything is being done to kill any oversteer. The tune I was using the last race was way to loose and was overheating the rear tires badly.

BradLTL
5/4/19 7:54 p.m.

Test track will be Bugatti since I suspect no one will select it as their round choice. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/4/19 7:59 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I wish I got my 2nd choice. The 911 was last on my list, even below the Aston.

I am looking forward to it, since I know the car is fast. I just need to figure out how to drive it.

dean1484
5/5/19 9:46 a.m.

i wonder if the tune from the 911 series we ran would be a starting point.  

Is there an on line version of the tuning spreadsheet?  In google docs or something?  It has never worked in my version of excell for some reason. 

dean1484
5/5/19 9:48 a.m.

Tj. I bettered your best time in the Ferrari at Red Bull ring by almost three seconds last night in testing. You were the fastest in testing from the other night. We tested there.  

dean1484
5/5/19 9:55 a.m.

My current tune in the Ferrari really likes soft tires. And it plays nice with the tc and abs.  Hard tires it is much looser and the tc and abs is always stepping in.  I may have to try and make a tune for the two different tires.  I hate to do it.  Maybe make a tune for the hard tires and see how it works with the soft tires???  

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/5/19 9:13 p.m.

Do we get to play 'let's make a deal' and trade cars?

dean1484
5/5/19 11:14 p.m.

Lol I was thinking that also. 

dean1484
5/5/19 11:14 p.m.

So what cars did people want?  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/6/19 1:28 a.m.

I played with the two tunes for the 911 I found online with a controller (to get a general idea).  They appear to be reasonably “911 like”, although get to it in entirely different ways tuning wise. I still need to try them with a wheel. 

I can share them with your TJ if you like.  

I am pretty sure Argo is looking at TJ for a trade.

BradLTL
5/6/19 7:53 a.m.
dean1484 said:

So what cars did people want?  

I wanted the Ford. It suited my driving more than the Corvette. I would have like to have tested the 911 as well. 

dean1484
5/7/19 3:36 p.m.

Are we testing or racing this week

dean1484
5/7/19 3:37 p.m.

And are we playing with bots or open room?

BradLTL
5/7/19 5:26 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

We are testing this week in an open room. 

Also, as a note to the group: if you don’t send me your track / weather / date-time for your round, I’ll assume you want to run Monaco in the dark cold rain. 

dean1484
5/7/19 9:14 p.m.

When do you need this I need to do some testing. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pb1bZzgc3Va5Zzh6piqx9MkVfLVRBVvmYg3tRNPW12Vih0WwMcqbfR2DkPMutMRf