1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/19 6:46 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I blame JG. He's obviously afraid on competition. He talked a big game and then came up with some nonsense about playing on PC and running GRM Live as to why he couldn't race with us. 

I think he hides his shame. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/15/19 7:55 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

I remember David Wallens (pretty sure it was him) joining us for a LBC race at one of the special stage GT5(4?) tracks in the dark. He showed up in a VW Golf. I rear ended him with my mean green smoke machine Mini Marcos as he was limping back to the pits ruining my race. I don’t think he ever came back, so it could be my fault. 

That was a fun series. You drove the Mini, Air drove a Europa, Apexcarver an Elan, NickF40 some Izuzu. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/15/19 7:57 p.m.
BradLTL said:

In reply to T.J. :

I blame JG. He's obviously afraid on competition. He talked a big game and then came up with some nonsense about playing on PC and running GRM Live as to why he couldn't race with us. 

I think he hides his shame. 

We could tell him we have 3 drink Wednesdays, well, at least Air did once for the GT1 race at Road America. 

BradLTL
7/15/19 8:09 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/19 8:43 p.m.

I am around but need to turn a couple laps to make sure my car is as good as I remember. 

We we need to bring JG back. He was fun to race with. I had a couple good battles with him.

JG.  Gt6 was a bit arcade like. Pc2 I think is the best of both PC and console games.  You are not going to just jump in and go but I and I am sure others will gladly share tunes and what not to bring you up to speed quickly. 

BradLTL
7/15/19 9:24 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I doubt he's paying attention to our thread. That comment was from 2 years ago. 

dean1484
7/16/19 6:59 a.m.

I know

BradLTL
7/17/19 6:00 p.m.

So we are racing Air's gift to Dean tonight... I guess I should find and hook my wheel back up. 

dean1484
7/17/19 6:34 p.m.

Extensive testing last night and I am screwed. Lol

dean1484
7/17/19 6:36 p.m.

I was testing with the settings for the thing tj and sauce are racing and with those settings my car is fantastic.  I can see why the mcClaren is so good in that series. Put the GRM room settings on and holly cow did my car get bad. 

BradLTL
7/17/19 10:07 p.m.

GPF Results

1. Dean

2. TJ

3. Argo

8. Air

12. Brad

15. Sauce-y

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/18/19 8:15 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Looks like tight battles in the points between Sauce and Air and between Argo and Brad. Dean up to 2nd with two strong races in a row.

Good race Dean. The first handful of turns of lap 1 was fun. Sauce and I had a lot of side by side racing, but I don't think we ever touched. After I spun on lap 3, I was just trying to keep my tires alive and get them cooled down and figured I'd follow Argo, but he kept extending his lead on me until the last few laps when I finally started reeling him in as his tires were gone. Dean was so far ahead most of the race there was no way to catch him unless he had a major issue.

EDIT: I am questioning the wisdom of my track choice. Wondering if I should've picked a track I know better and/or suits the car better. I guess it will force me to learn the Glen, so there is that. T1 to the bus stop feels like the Porsche doesn't have enough power. It's all flat, but the car seems to barely accelerate up that hill.

BradLTL
7/18/19 9:36 a.m.

I've updated your points on the OP.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/18/19 9:43 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

First post says, "4th through 16th will be -1pt per position with 16th getting 5pts", but your spreadsheet uses different math. It looks like the spreadsheet gives 5 points for 15th, and 4th is 16 points instead of 17.

BradLTL
7/18/19 9:47 a.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Probably crossed numbers... let me check...

Here's the actual points assignment we've been using.  It appears that you are the first person to actually read what I wrote:

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/18/19 10:32 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

If you move 4th through last up a point, it makes the points race closer, but however you do it is fine with me. This way, it make getting a podium finish a little more important since there is a 2 point drop to 4th.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/18/19 11:27 a.m.

Sorry guys, and especially Argo.  I was on the fence about joining last night as I was really tired (I actually took a nap after work just to make it) but when the car was so bad I should have just called it.  If I was able to focus it probably would have been doable, but as it was I was never going to make it the distance clean and the result was predictable.  Granted I had hoped to make it more than 7 turns before berkleying things up, but the car is really bad over curbs in its current form and that's all it took.  The wreck putting me at the back combined with a jump start penalty and being knocked into the pits by the AI at the end of lap 1 made it pointless to continue.  

Going forward in the series my participation is probably going to be spotty at best.  I have decided to take the Logitech G Challenge thing more seriously, and given the limited amount of time that can be devoted if I'm going to do it I need to focus on one thing.   I haven't really put any concerted effort into improving my sim driving in a number of years, but combined with some real life driving I've been doing it's clear that I have some bad habits that need to be broken and some things I need to work on.  I'll still be around and welcome anyone to join my practice rooms, but for now it's going to be one car, no tuning, and just trying to get faster/more consistent.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/18/19 11:58 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

There is only one more race in this series. What if Brad promised to pay out $250 if you win?  wink

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/18/19 12:43 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Well in that case... 

I had actually forgotten there is only one left, but I still may sit out. It's more that the car as it sits isn't good and I don't want to spend the time tuning it. I made it work at Spa with quite a lot of tuning and being used to how it drove, but as exhibited last night I can't just hop in and drive it worth an e36m3. 

BradLTL
7/18/19 5:21 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I wouldn't mind a late summer break from running a dedicated series. 

We could still plan to drive on Wednesday nights. Running fun stuff or practice for the Logitech stuff. 

dean1484
7/18/19 5:56 p.m.

I am in up for what ever you all do.  

dean1484
7/18/19 5:56 p.m.

We can become a test platform for the McLaren if you want after the series is over.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/18/19 7:11 p.m.

We can also do “recruiting” open rooms to fish for more participants.

e30Matt
e30Matt Dork
7/18/19 10:39 p.m.

We might be able to recruit a couple people from the G challenge group.  The overall talent pool is rather mixed, but there are a couple drivers who are clean enough that I would be comfortable having them join us.  And don't worry TJ, I'm not suggesting the Airstrike brothers cheeky

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/19/19 9:11 a.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

Maybe we should invite them. I need to learn to survive them. frown

I'm finding Watkins Glen challenging. Whomever picked the date/time/weather made it where the track is a little cool for hards, but softs get a lot of wear over the 30 minutes, so tire choice is not a given. I think hards may be my choice, but they are very slippery in practice until they get some heat in them which takes a while.

I am still getting eaten alive from T1 exit to the bus stop by the AIs, so much that I am routinely losing a second in sector 1, even if I gain on them on the front straight.  Astons, Vettes and Ford GTs all just leave me in the dust going up the hill. They even do it coming out of the pits, so that makes me think it's not a T1 issue. Maybe I need to rework my gearing.

The AIs rarely drive Porsches or Ferraris, so I haven't been able to compare against them yet.

I am happy with sectors 2 and 3 though, just need to learn to carry more speed through T1 to make it to the bus stop faster.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dYYtrhNcnLyzwJHWwxoPZHLEW9mIFuzqjIqaRI23u9teCwq9VWqokjcA6QKXxrUe